ES short-term trading for 7-15-10

Bruce,
You were right again (what else is new)
I see 81 printed, but I don't remember why you expected it.

Today is looking pretty grim, especially with the seasonal weakness koolblue had in that average performances of trade days of the month.

It is before 11 o'clock and the ES has already undercut its 5 day average of the Low versus the Open which is at 1086.50 for today. A move like this often means trend sell day.

with 5 day average RTH range at 12, today's RTH H minus 12 = 79.75, have to watch PA there , with second air, return to 83.25 likely? Am I reading this right, Bruce?
they want 1101 and 1109..perhaps in O/N session....the 78 - 81 area obviously held on the retest from above
Originally posted by phileo

Originally posted by koolblue

wow, already got my 2 handles!..out at 1086.25 ,,now up 7 handles and change..probably wont sell 90.50..will wait for the termination ratio(4.236) around 93.75

If you're not going to sell, then why not buy 1086.5 ?

$TICK peaked at +1650 on that run-up to 1094, so you know I had to fade that.
Got another +1.25pts., thanks KoolBlue !!

Originally posted by koolblue

wow, already got my 2 handles!..out at 1086.25 ,,now up 7 handles and change..probably wont sell 90.50..will wait for the termination ratio(4.236) around 93.75

If you're not going to sell, then why not buy 1086.5 ?

TICK peaked at +1650 on that run-up to 1094, so you know I had to fade that.
Got another +1.25pts., thanks KoolBlue !!

good for you! now you see why i tried to warn every one that this was a prc buy! wow!
Paul,

the 81 area was an area from my longer term MP work which is questionable....the biggest prices where in the 78 - 81 area....see that thread....now we need to watch the 1101 and the 1109...when bracketing it goes often from one extreme to another but obviously not in a straigh line...

and well done on that awesome long today!! great stuff!!
nice work and trades Kool and Phileo...I thought they would have run that double low....I've been looking at some "interesting work" using the hour bars and the peak volume generated from each.....it had the 88.25 and the 82 area to go along with your work Koolio....I'll present more of it after I confirm it actually works...LOL!

There is a gap at 93.25....anyone getting long for it with 13 minutes to go...? daring me to!!
long one at 90.75!!
flat 92.50...they owed me that for not going down to 1079 before
Originally posted by BruceM

flat 92.50...they owed me that for not going down to 1079 before
LOL!!! ..i feel ya pal! (they owe me for making me wait all day for that 1082.00 buy untill it was too late in the day for me to take advantage of it!)
in general I think PM trading is much more cruel than the morning....seems more manipulated than even the morning session...

whose earnings are tonight..? why isn't all the good news letting the market rally more than it has...? Intel had no affect on the market?
personally, i think that late day push may have been option expiration related
You can look here in the morning as it will be updated by then but we have had lots of high closing $Ticks this week...

http://www.wallstreetcourier.com/index1.htm

so doubt we have lots of divergence lately. This guy corey posts some simple but effective view points regarding internals too..

www.afraidtotrade.com