ES key numbers 3-11-11

1390.50 all that great volume on Thursday

1394.50 - a peak volume price based on time and VWAP

1301 - 1302 Thursdays highs and a key area

1308 - 1309- adjusted numbers from March contract

1316 - 1317.50 - adjusted numbers from march contract

It seems like we may be overcooked to the downside so Hoping for a gap lower in the morning to set up buys......and will need to use overnight numbers to key off of as I really don't have any good volume numbers below todays lows..
Originally posted by BruceM

trying a small short from 96.50 to try for the 94.50 retest....
good luck Bruce! There is 5 min air at 1294.00 also!....heres a longer term look
Click image for original size
this a tough fade due to time of day but they are trying to decide if this is a valid breakout from O/N highs...

I'd prefer this fade if it happened earlier in the day and we didn't consolidate so much this morning...
flat at 96.50......just don't like it...they could push to 1300 and I'm not interested in digging out today over lunch
Originally posted by koolblue

I forgot to mention this morning that yesterday was a 3,000,000 vol down day again on the es! And of course ive pointed out several times on the weekend previews the fact that tho the next day(ie: today)usually has a lower low, it is a great buy signal!!

especially on a sell-day. the buy low was nice. my next objective is 1300, so in your range kool
many times what you see with a key price made by time...in this case the 94.50 from yesterday is that when they bust right trough it from below then they come back to test it from above it.....

so we busted through 94.50 from below it and now price is above there...so in theory they should come back to test it from above
Originally posted by sij

I forgot to mention this morning that yesterday was a 3,000,000 vol down day again on the es! And of course ive pointed out several times on the weekend previews the fact that tho the next day(ie: today)usually has a lower low, it is a great buy signal!!

especially on a sell-day. the buy low was nice. my next objective is 1300, so in your range kool
interesting, SJ!
just hope im not early as usual!.. short was filled at 1298.25!

just hope im not early as usual!.. short was filled at 1298.25!

it is a nice place with there the monthly resis and the upper-range at97, but the trin and vix are mega-bull. So.......what's wisdom?
and see where that stopped.......? Right at the Overnight high.....just pointing that out for those who deny the power of the Overnight session..the On high was 93.50!!