ES 5-18-2011

O/N Volume Profile.

Click image for original size
onprofile05182011
Coming across very clear. Thank you. Stress? You come across with such ease...

Originally posted by BruceM

hopefully some are watching that beautiful failure of the 90 minute highs...scaled way down at 31.50 print....these are all original initiation points.....As most know I don't usually post my actual fills..so my fills are often .25 - .75 off from numbers I mention here.too time consuming and stressful enough trading and posting.....so I hope the concepts come through...
unquantifiable factor for today is the FOMC minutes at 2:00pm

sometimes get an early lift (like today) and then just sideways from now through til 2:00pm

- If the euro keeps slowly strengthening versus the USD, a floor under ES prices would be natural.
seems like they are setting us up to jerk it around our 32 - 32.50 number.....still like fades above that...

Thanks for gap info neo..I see triples...I hate them as targets near current HOD or low of day..."Your results may vary" !! It must be my fader mentality....

biggest thing I'm thinking about is that they haven't been able to fill in single prints and retest hour high....I want to resell new highs if they come into that zone ( 34 - 37)but that breakout needs to be factored in .....

They still haven't tested a previous 30 minute bars low and they ALWAYS ( LOL) do !! the question is from how high up ???
You should be a stand up comedian...

They still haven't tested a previous 30 minute bars low and they ALWAYS ( LOL) do !! the question is from how high up ???
Originally posted by Lorn

O/N Volume Profile.
onprofile05182011

This may seem like a silly question, but what hours does your O/N value area represent? 4:30pm EST close to 9:30am EST open? 6:00pm EST to 9:30 EST? Midnight to 9:30 EST?

Thanks,
Daniel
Originally posted by PAUL9

unquantifiable factor for today is the FOMC minutes at 2:00pm

sometimes get an early lift (like today) and then just sideways from now through til 2:00pm

I second that.
Globex session = 4:30pm EST - 9:29am EST

Of course on Sunday it would start at 6:00pm.

Cheers!

Originally posted by neoikon

This may seem like a silly question, but what hours does your O/N value area represent? 4:30pm EST close to 9:30am EST open? 6:00pm EST to 9:30 EST? Midnight to 9:30 EST?

Thanks,
Daniel
14K contracts hit 1333 @ ask by now - bulls are pushiing
this is incomparasing with 1-3K up to now
15K by the time of this post

2011 05 181159
LisaP,
hope all is well, haven't seen you for a couple of days.

Your interpretation of the size at 1333.00? (both columns I noticed)

If price dips below that 33 by a few ticks are you expecting liquidation of longs? Is that the standard interpretation?

thx

it seems to me that the real key to all this footprint stuff is figuring out when heavy ask volume is REALLY buying and when heavy bid volume is REALLY selling.....

It seems to lack a filter to really help us figure that crucial question out..

I see heavy Bid volume at 34.75 but it is not selling off...but by the time you figure that out the market is 1.75 - 2 points higher...

Bruce, it is a bitch! Tha is what trading long at resistance is like.
But I am not going to write another long answer. Skype me...lol.