ES 6-3-2011

Putting this guy up before the big news out at 8:30. As Bruce pointed out yesterday 1313 zone is an important inflection point.

Click image for original size
es30min06032011
I'm revising that Lorn as the histogram was confirming the 1309 area before the spike report....that is near the May low so that is critical when/if we retest back up from down here.

I'm looking to get long now in the 96 and 92 area here in O/N trading...this seems way overdone and i'd be surprised if they at least don't try for a 1300 retest in O/N or day session
98 area big volume post sell off. Lets see if prices can find a footing down here.
Yea...1309 is the RTH May low right?

Originally posted by BruceM

I'm revising that Lorn as the histogram was confirming the 1309 area before the spike report....that is near the May low so that is critical when/if we retest back up from down here.

I'm looking to get long now in the 96 and 92 area here in O/N trading...this seems way overdone and i'd be surprised if they at least don't try for a 1300 retest in O/N or day session
Originally posted by BruceM

I was admiring your calls/trades yesterday, you have an uncanny understanding Bruce. Great job. Today IF I was buying anything, I'd be interested at the swing low in March around 1290.

Good luck to all.
That was meant to say APRIL swing low. OOPS
june032011
Hi folks. I've been lurking for months now.

My methods are very similar to what is being discussed here in this thread, with one difference being that I usually only trade once a day if that.

I live overseas, so prior to putting the children to bed I put in a sell at 1310.25 and then put them to bed. I fell asleep while putting them to bed (happens often) and woke up to see I'm up approximately 14 points. As I write this post we hit a low of 1294.50 and are now trading at 1296.75.

My question is, what do folks see for today? Normally I wouldn't ask this question, but today is an outlier day for me profit wise and I am more than willing to ride this out if there is a chance we see lower prices.

Bruce and others, what say you?
I'll answer my own question. If we have no "oomph" on this approach of the lows again 0905 EST, then I'm out.

My own calculations on Delta Buy/Sell indicates we are more positive.
i am with you john, long from 95.25, but took off half at 97.25 and waiting for 98.25 for the other half...just fyi, the 95 area was also the 1.618 projection coming out of the daily chart (73.5 to 25.25 move) and of the hourly chart, so not surprising to see a pause in that area

Originally posted by johnpr2010

june032011

Out at 1297.00.

What an incredible day! Ignore my previous posts. I was caught up in the moment.
Last trade of the day for me was shorting at 1308 at 1050 EST. Not knowing what to expect and not even sure why we were even that high again to begin with I elected to exit quickly at 1306.50. I still had thoughts that we could go lower but dismissed those so I could go to bed.

Woke up this AM to see we closed at 1295.75!

Perhaps it is better this way. Two profitable 12 point plus trades in one day is still a pipe dream for me. One such trade a few much smaller trades is what I will settle for for now.