ES Wed 8-3-11

The ES left 2 single prints above the market on Tuesday at 1272.75 and 1256 even. There's also a single print at 1291.25 from Monday. VAL for today (Wednesday) is 1256.50 which is 2 ticks above the second single print and obviously a place to watch depending on overnight action.

Click image for original size
ES overnight for 3 August 2011
no worries! it's all good! I'd give your comments a thumbs up but I can't yet :-)

Originally posted by DavidS

not arguing the points you make, just sharing my take from pure TA
and what I watch in the internals and the way bear markets promote hope in a decline,. hope it helps someone
39.25 and 44 the levels to break and hold for higher
I have multiple fib levels at 1244 and using it as main level intraday today
I use patterns and they can morph
levels remain the same
Originally posted by GunwallsArchie

true...but what is happening now is 100% related to "fear of the unknown" and there is a lot of fear mongering going on right now. Even if technical analysis dictates that the heavyweights follow suite the fundamentals are not all that bad. With that said, the unemployment reports on Thur. Fri should make things interesting. I'm gonna stay on the sidelines until the dust settles :-)

if downtrend ending would expect at some point 52.25 prior low would hold
a lot of shorts covering I'm sure
57.25 high to break48 area 62%
single prints to 1256

2011 08 031419
1256.50 is VAL- should be a decent short
fyi, in terms of market profile today is a neutral day since we have broken both edges of the initial balance...according to dalton, we should expect a close right in the middle of today's range (43ish as of now) or close to one of the edges
Originally posted by apk781

fyi, in terms of market profile today is a neutral day since we have broken both edges of the initial balance...according to dalton, we should expect a close right in the middle of today's range (43ish as of now) or close to one of the edges

Where else could price be but at the middle or extremes?
are you serious?

the middle is 43 and the upper extreme is 55.5, so it could end up at 50, and it would not be right in the middle or right on the upper edge
Originally posted by apk781

are you serious?

the middle is 43 and the upper extreme is 55.5, so it could end up at 50, and it would not be right in the middle or right on the upper edge

You were speaking in Daltonese which references areas as opposed to specific price points. Lots of oval areas of coverage within that.

Price is either at the top or the bottom or by definition you're in the middle.
Originally posted by Lisa P

single prints to 1256
Yesterday's low -volume node at 1258.75

2011 08 031527
58.50 was a single nack on the 3rd i am going to watch thhatfor tomorrow
Originally posted by Lisa P

single prints to 1256

2011 08 031419