ES Thursday 1-8-15

Note the change in bands. Now I am tracking only the 4pm close but both for 365 days as well as for 252 days. Use as you wish. I personally will see what lines up where and then use for confirmation.

Daily chart for tomorrow to follow soon
Click image for original size
iv010815
Here is my picture for tomorrow. The magenta lines are where there is a gap on the upper side. The cyan lines are PP points. Should be an interesting day. We have already hit R1 and R2 so far in ON

Click image for original size
010815prechart
a heads up on the jobless report at 8:30 tomorrow. i am one of the ones claiming it. yay for uncle Sam!
here's how I have it so far
No video below? Try this link: thursday.swf

Bruce, since we blew through the greenie at 29, odds says that we should retest it, correct? I think that is what you said in the video but just double checking
ideally i would like to be short around 37.75 because there was some resistance there...
overnight is a different animal to me so I wouldn't use that as a probability but if they blew through it in the day session then I would expect a retest....

another interesting thing I mentioned earlier this week is that most times we have multiple tpo's print at a breakout or breakdown through a weekly extreme........on Monday we blew through last weeks low and left single prints at that breakdown.....so odds still favor more tpo's passing through that low of last week......with that said I think we should see 38 - 39 print in RTH this morning.........we'll see...
Originally posted by NewKid

Bruce, since we blew through the greenie at 29, odds says that we should retest it, correct? I think that is what you said in the video but just double checking
and for that reason I am long at 35.50......but small as this is overnight...32- 33 is lean on point for rth longs.....still cautious as we can't expect too many gap and go's and that midpoint is down at 30
that lines up with the gap in play in that case as well that starts at 40.75. last week's low is at 38.75 so that makes sense as well. thanks!
covering long.......don't like this....I'm gonna wait till day session....I actually prefer the short side early on and hoping for a pop up at the open......so even though I expect 38 - 39 I think it's best to wait and try shorts up against that upper line today as long as midpoint doesn't print first.......I have two magnets 2032 and then that 38 - 39 and I don't really know which one they will want first this morning....
I need to see us print above 37.50 before thinking of shorts...if very wrong on short idea then 42 is in the plan for them
thanks for the video Bruce and the notes. the greenies turned from resistance to support very quickly and i am going to have to adapt to that well enough to not lose money. i pay yet more tuition to the market. i am really hoping it pays off over time....