ES Wednesday 3-18-15

Bands for the day. Good luck to all.

Click image for original size
iv031815

Tuesday was an inside day with respect to Monday so I will be on the lookout for a breakout of the 2 day balance or a look outside balance and failure. I expect the morning to be slow and choppy until the FOMC announcement at 2 EST so the fades have a better chance of working than a breakout in the morning.
Feb VPOC/POC: 2083.5
March POC/VPOC: 2067.5/64.75
Weekly POC/VPOC: 2038.75/39
All time high: 2117.75

Greenies:
so we did get a break failure out of the balance area to the lower side but since it was just before 2 pm, i wanted no part of it. it could have just as easily fallen as it has risen. i really like to be on the sidelines for such annoucements esp with all the expectation on it today. it is like playing russian roulette.
if spx gets to 97 i will try sells against key area in futures...need to push a bit more ...or may try sells above 86 in Es and use 88.75 to 90 as an uncle point....problem here is that exit area would be area to take shorts based on SPX pricing...so we would need to try again on short side up there
trying to get to 81.75.....I don't think they are gonna give me that line
that was a heck of a trade Bruce. i had a greenie at 85 and they blew past it so i was not sure if they would come back
took loser at new highs on runners ...good entry lousy exit on runners...trying one last fade from 89.50...cash is up over 1 % now....too fast to trade and poste accurate
see if we can get back to 87.50.......No confidence it catching the swing high on this one and shorts are in trouble if 3 pm closes above 86.50...we need then to get back under there
93 - 95.50 is last zone I see but don't plan on being here for that.......options Market maker move was 23 points this morning and we closed YD in cash at 2074 so that got us to the 97 ....per cash ...lets see if they defend it a bit more...hope so !!
everyone watching 86 - 87.50...including me.........
4th higher high ..so gonna try this last sell at 94 - 95 ..see if they can getback to 91....I'll be wrong if they print 96.75.....last trade of the day and it's small one...lots of singles on the chart...got get back under 93.25 and start sticking under otherwise this fade won't work
97 is 2 SD band. the rally started at almost -1 SD band
Originally posted by Big Mike

0 for 2 today. Time to conserve capital for another day.

Big Mike: Enormous kudos for not trying to kid yourself or anyone else and being open with your results. I'm incredibly impressed with the humility and humanity expressed by you and BruceM and New Kid and all the others for your ability to "vocalize" you losers as well as yours winners.

No matter what we do in life we will have successes and failures. I think that it's our ability to accept and own our failures that makes us successes in the future.

Also great to see that winning trade of yours at the end of the day!

Good trading everyone!