Friday 12-21-07

Shorting up here at 88.50 for 85 retest and then 80 if lucky...this 86-90 is a key zone to me.....my concern is that the market is/was ready to POP with that previous consolidation....other concern is that they sold it off directly from the open yesterday so I'm not looking for that quick thrust down today
quote:
Originally posted by BruceM

Hi Gio,

I hope this links you to my thread on the triples......nice work on the charts...I'm hoping to have more time later to check them out....here is the triples concept

http://www.mypivots.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2163

quote:
Originally posted by gio5959

quote:

triples sit at 90.50 so u know which way I am going from down at this 88.75 area....perhaps the 60 minute high will come through

nice trade bruce - what do you mean by "triples" if you dont mind me asking thx

Just one more question on your triples - what time frame were you looking at when you posted the triples so i can go back and pull that chart and study it.

BTW, i've been trading successfully for over 15 years and im learning from you guys every day. Thank you for sharing !

quote:

quote:

Hi Gio,

I hope this links you to my thread on the triples......nice work on the charts...I'm hoping to have more time later to check them out....here is the triples concept

http://www.mypivots.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2163

quote:

quote:

triples sit at 90.50 so u know which way I am going from down at this 88.75 area....perhaps the 60 minute high will come through

nice trade bruce - what do you mean by "triples" if you dont mind me asking thx

Just one more question on your triples - what time frame were you looking at when you posted the triples so i can go back and pull that chart and study it.

Disregard on my last question Bruce - I see now what you are referring too about triples at 90.50 - good stuff and thanks again
Could you explain the ICHI when you have time? No clue on that...
the fact that they tested and supported the 60 minute break out on the retest allowed me to hold that last one to the 95 area that I mentioned earlier..just pointing it out for reference..
quote:

Could you explain the ICHI when you have time? No clue on that...

The Ichimoku?

Wow, dont get me started :)

Prolly the most simplest way for me to trade and IMO so subjective

Try this site for some really good info and then we can go over the info in time

http://www.kumotrader.com/ichimoku_wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

And, if you want the Esignal EFS I can get you the one I use - I just need daytrader to email me so he can do the zip thingy

If you dont use Esignal, Tradestation has it also, and yes it's free.

On the chart I now posted I got long on the YM cuz the cloud (support - demand) got reduced and the Tenkan crossed the Kijun (red line crossed the blue line)

[file]10.jpg,126,,0[/file]

The site I posted will go over the meaning of the lines

Oh, and I will also go over the Dragon Pattern using the Ichi

Have a good weekend and c ya the bell
Here's the action for today in the ES. Big gap up of about +10 point and the market never even made an attempt at filling that gap, referred to as a gap-and-go. I would say that they are fairly rare. I'm not sure how we would count them in a back tester. I suppose we could find all the days with unfilled gaps and then see if the low (or high if negative gap) of the day was also within a couple of point of the open.

Click image for original size
Action in the ES for 12/21/2007 on a 5 minute chart with developing Market Profile lines.
quote:

And, if you want the Esignal EFS I can get you the one I use - I just need daytrader to email me so he can do the zip thingy

I just sent you an email.

Creating a zip file is pretty easy though (I think) if you're using XP or Vista. If you hold the Windows Key down (the one with the windows logo) and then hit the E key it will bring up the My Computer folder explorer. Find the file that you want to zip, the EFS file for example. Then right click on the file and from the menu select Send To... and then Compressed (Zipped) Folder. It should then create a zip file with the same name in the same folder which you can then upload.

If that doesn't work (or if you don't feel like doing it) then just email it to me and I'll zip and upload it.
quote:
Originally posted by day trading

quote:

I just sent you an email.

Creating a zip file is pretty easy though (I think) if you're using XP or Vista. If you hold the Windows Key down (the one with the windows logo) and then hit the E key it will bring up the My Computer folder explorer. Find the file that you want to zip, the EFS file for example. Then right click on the file and from the menu select Send To... and then Compressed (Zipped) Folder. It should then create a zip file with the same name in the same folder which you can then upload.

If that doesn't work (or if you don't feel like doing it) then just email it to me and I'll zip and upload it.

Well, lets see if this old goat can follow directions. :)

[file]Ichimoku2c.zip,126,,0[/file]
Worked well. I can open it directly for the file that you just uploaded. Thanks! I will post the source code for the EFS in a subsequent reply in case anyone wants to copy/past it directly from here.
/*********************************************************
Alexis C. Montenegro © December 2004
Use and/or modify this code freely. If you redistribute it
please include this and/or any other comment blocks and a
description of any changes you make.
**********************************************************/

function preMain() {

setPriceStudy(true);
setStudyTitle("Ichimoku");
setCursorLabelName("Tenkan", 0);
setCursorLabelName("Kijun", 1);
setCursorLabelName("Chikou", 2);
setCursorLabelName("SenkouA", 3);
setCursorLabelName("SenkouB", 4);
setDefaultBarStyle(PS_SOLID, 0);
setDefaultBarStyle(PS_SOLID, 1);
setDefaultBarStyle(PS_DASH, 2);
setDefaultBarStyle(PS_SOLID, 3);
setDefaultBarStyle(PS_SOLID, 4);
setDefaultBarFgColor(Color.red, 0);
setDefaultBarFgColor(Color.blue, 1);
setDefaultBarFgColor(Color.green, 2);
setDefaultBarFgColor(Color.purple, 3);
setDefaultBarFgColor(Color.green, 4);
setDefaultBarThickness(3, 0);
setDefaultBarThickness(3, 1);
setDefaultBarThickness(2, 2);
setDefaultBarThickness(1, 3);
setDefaultBarThickness(1, 4);
setPlotType(PLOTTYPE_LINE, 0);
setPlotType(PLOTTYPE_LINE, 1);
setPlotType(PLOTTYPE_LINE, 2);
setPlotType(PLOTTYPE_LINE, 3);
setPlotType(PLOTTYPE_LINE, 4);
}

var bInit = false;
var vInterval = null;
var Tenkan = null;
var Kijun = null;
var xChikou = null;
var Senkou = null;

function main(Interval) {

if (bInit==false) {
if(Interval==null) Interval = getInterval();
vInterval = Interval;
Tenkan = middleDonchian(9,inv(vInterval));
Kijun = middleDonchian(26,inv(vInterval));
xChikou = close(inv(vInterval));
Senkou = efsInternal("calcSenkou",inv(vInterval));
bInit=true;
}

if(vInterval==getInterval()){
var Chikou = offsetSeries(xChikou,-26);
} else {
var Chikou = close(26,inv(vInterval));
}

var SenkouA = getSeries(Senkou);
var SenkouB = getSeries(Senkou,1);

if (SenkouA>SenkouB)
setBarBgColor(Color.paleyellow,0,SenkouB,SenkouA);
if (SenkouA<SenkouB)
setBarBgColor(Color.paleyellow,0,SenkouA,SenkouB);

return new Array(getSeries(Tenkan),getSeries(Kijun),Chikou,SenkouA,SenkouB);
}

function calcSenkou(source) {

return new Array (offsetSeries(middleDonchian(52),26),(offsetSeries(middleDonchian(9),26)+offsetSeries(middleDonchian(26),26))/2);
}