ES 09-04-08

Trading a little lower from settlement atm.
Thnks Joe...very educational.....!!! That's what I'm talking about.....it helps the reader understand....fairly simple concept...I'm glad YOU aren't afraid to disclose YOUR ideas...it helps us all...OK I'll move on from that concept now.....
quote:
Originally posted by CharterJoe

I've been long avg @ 64.5, there's a nice RSI divergance on the 30 min chart. Still targeting 91....

buying 1265.50,2.25 stop.missed by a tick.... adjust to 1264.50
adjusting stop to 1261.75
I'm watching the $tick indicator...we hit over a minus 1000 with a high volume push on the one minute chart........you can do search on $tick for a definition.....

Hope that helps..these happen just about every day....
quote:
Originally posted by NewKid

Bruce,

What do you mean by low tick? Are you referring to the fact that volume is high but the prices are not going anywhere?

I'm also watching how far we have pushed away from the opening price....preferably beyond a minus 4 number ( in this example)...I did a basic thread in the "pitbull setups" a year or two ago....on the "window" off the open

I'm flat at 67.50 and will stand aside..hope you get your 91 Joe...gonna be a bumpy ride.....hang in there
WHY are you buying 1265.50 with a 2.25 stop, Koolio?! Tell me! I beg you! Aside from saving me money you answering me, I get to divert your attention AWAY from actually managing that trade of yours. It's SO win-win, you see. ALL ATTENTION IS O/N ME!!!

For *I* am an ego-less, self-righteous prat, who top-posts even to prove how much courtesy I have in begging something for nothing from you.

quote:
Originally posted by BruceM

I'm watching the $tick indicator...we hit over a minus 1000 with a high volume push on the one minute chart........you can do search on $tick for a definition.....

quote:

Bruce,

What do you mean by low tick? Are you referring to the fact that volume is high but the prices are not going anywhere?

Oh ok... that does help.. I had not heard of this term before. I shall do some digging around on it. Thanks.
Im guessing that we chop today and tommorow is the real break due to unemployment data. also think we are going much lower soon.THIS TRADE IS JUST A SMALL SCALP.
No problem New kid....but remember there are some here who think that I am a "free loading prick"...I guess I've been freeloading for almost three years now......

Forums are a crazy place sometimes...you get a lot of "nuts'....they want to try and push peoples buttons.....luckily I love that game when it's turned on me and I'm in the mood....

Let's go check the meaning full stuff ( insert the lastest egomaniac nickname here) has posted and compare it to all the content I've contributed....

What a whack - job !!!..luckily we are here to compete with these nuts and take their money....all they usually have left are insults when they can't admit they're wrong.....HMMM....just like the vendors of days gone by....

These guys always come back for more.....I recently had a run -in with a known Vendor on Elite...I faxed 4 years of statements to get them to leave......naturally they never followed through and they are still there posting away.....

I have no patience for folks just posting lines on a chart and making stuff up after the fact......it doesn't help anyone except the poster in some way...

Glad to help Newkid.....lots of good stuff here posted by myself and others......also lots of stuff that's just wasting space////your smart enough to decide what works for you

AHH...that felt better

Now they will come back and remind you that they posted the market was going to drop.....but the real key is that they never said WHEN...

Keep asking the tough questions and you'll seperate the real ideas from the crap.....beware of after the fact commentary...

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by BruceM

quote:

Bruce,

Oh ok... that does help.. I had not heard of this term before. I shall do some digging around on it. Thanks.

UGH, stopped and down 5.5 handles. buying 1257.00
VPOC @ 1252.25
quote:
Originally posted by popstocks

Redspeed, when does the fed speak?
Sheesh I must need a better economic calendar! The briefing.com one is ok but is there anything else out there that is free someone here can suggest?

Bruce, the only Lowry's I have read is on the 90% subject, I'm sure they have other valuable stuff but I am not subscribed, would be happy to learn more quant stuff like that though.

http://www.forexfactory.com/calendar.php