U.S. manipulates DAILY market

http://www.usnews.com/blogs/capital-commerce/2007/8/20/did-the-white-house-rig-the-stock-market.html

I suspect "the committee" stepped in monday with the DOW down 800
and DROVE the market up 500 points by buying SP futures in a SPIKE DOWN.

I find it amazing this is NEVER discussed on the financial networks

They do the same thing (using their fav 3 investment banks) to SELL gold futures during a gold SPIKE UP

Methinks they will be active again today.

People who wrote that blog would complain in 29' and 87' when they did nothing...They complain now when they at least try to do something. They complain when were doing good and making new highs and the FED cools things off so we don't go through hyperinflation. I would rather have them trying to control it so we don't crash and we don't take off to the moon and bust like a bubble then those investors who throw away good stocks (like yesterday)just because they cannot contain there emotion. I don't know about ya'll but I really don't want to go through a great depression and watch the stock market sink 95% from its high, for the sake of "free market" I really wish these know-it-all writters could go live a day in the life of a homeless person in 29 with four hungry kids and see how great free market is then. Thank you FED for at least trying.......
I don't see how a PPT could exist. Take buffet for ex. he invested billions into GE and GS and is now down over 10% on both of those. That didn't do much good, I have also seen the Nasdaq market in 2000 go through 1.5 Trillion in 5 trading days, so I would think that after only a few burns like those and they would save there money and put it FEMA traliers.
quote:
Originally posted by CharterJoe

I don't see how a PPT could exist. Take buffet for ex. he invested billions into GE and GS and is now down over 10% on both of those. That didn't do much good, I have also seen the Nasdaq market in 2000 go through 1.5 Trillion in 5 trading days, so I would think that after only a few burns like those and they would save there money and put it FEMA traliers.

The President's Working Group on Financial Markets, which includes Paulson and Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke, said it would move "with substantial force on a number of fronts" to implement the expanded authorities granted to the government when Congress passed the emergency rescue package last Friday.

I believe there are invisible hands that manipulate the market. Basing on the unusual volume in ES. Last month Sept 16, 17, 18 & 19
volume was 3.5M, 4M, 5M & 6M respectively. I haven't seen these volume levels before. The last 2 days the volume were in excess of 4M.
The daily ave is only 2M. Couldn't be the big boys doing it.

In this case one thing the PWG (PPT) is trying to do is restore confidence in the markets and economic system. One way they do this is by buying contracts in the Index Futures to put a floor under the market, becoming the bidder of last resort if you will. The goal is to change the psychology of the market, to reduce the fear of traders and investors. So far, this tactic is not working, and as you point out, they are burning good money that will be needed for other purposes in the recovery phase.

I personally, prefer they would just go ahead and close the markets for a few weeks. This would give them the time they need to work out some meaningful solutions to the global crisis. The destruction of wealth and stress on good solid companies being caused by this panic selling is a distraction from the real work that needs to be done here, and thus is not worth keeping the markets open at this time.
quote:
Originally posted by pt_emini

quote:
Originally posted by CharterJoe

The President's Working Group on Financial Markets, which includes Paulson and Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke, said it would move "with substantial force on a number of fronts" to implement the expanded authorities granted to the government when Congress passed the emergency rescue package last Friday.

How does that mean they add money when the markets tanking? That seems like you are reading a lot into something thats not there.... Wouldn't a fed funds cut by 50%, short selling stopped on the weakest sector, and flooding the banks with $200 billion in cash being the "with substantial force on a number of fronts" Seems like it takes a lot of faith to believe in something they didn't say.
I don't see how a gov so tied up in red tape that it takes 5 days to get water to thirsty people in Katrina, can in an instant place bids on the index futures to stop a fall. It just doesn't make logical since, thats not the way the gov does things. A good ex. is with this rate cut, it took them meeting since Tues at 8:46 to talk and it took 24hrs to act. I don't see them acting in an instant to catch a failing knife when they can create policy to hold the long term steady. I think they would be more likely to shut the doors than to buy index futures....
This is my wild guess. Believe it or not. Buffett is not so stupid to throw his billions at this time. I truly believe he is being used by Poulson & Co to inject confidence to the market. You see, buffett even admitted that he and Poulson are friends.
Election time is nearing and they are desperate. They are doing every thing they can - every trick in the book, but looks like they are running out of ammo.
That may be possible, J.P. Morgan had put millions in 1926 when the market started to slide due to the same credit problems we see now, he then with drew it in the summer of 29 a few weeks before the high. But Buffets modo is he never sells. So I don't think he is worried about 10%. He has said many times before his secret like Morgans, and the Rockafellers is be greedy when there is fear, and fearful when there is greed, and I think that a smart man like buffet doesn't need inside info from Poulson. All I am saying is the FED is more interested in making policy than catching a failing knife, and Buffet may have been an attempt to raise investor confidence.
The index futures are a cash settlement market. Thus the PPT purchases index futures contracts which can then be held open and settled in cash. Think of this as a simply another way for them to inject liquidity into the system. The main point in doing this is to use the most efficient means possible to provide a short term floor (bid) under the market. In doing so, they hope to change or break the immediate psychology of fear controlling the market.

It is important to keep in mind, the Fed and Treasury are involved in market operations adjusting and adapting the flow of funds in the system 24 hours a day, every day.
My original message of Oct 8 warns that THE COMMITTEE manipulates the stock market in BIG sell-offs by buying stock index futures.
The market friday 2 weeks ago was selling down BIG at 3pm
when a ELEPHANT entered the trading reversing the crash
that was underway and starting a rally that ended tuesday morning when they likely started to unload their contracts.

Today we are back at same point as friday 2 weeks ago, will the ELEPHANT step in again today at 3pm to stop what might be a BIG down day?