ES 12-11-2008

Important Note: Contract rollover TODAY for the ES, NQ, YM and TF

quote:
Originally posted by prestwickdrive

bigs sold a net 40k H contracts since 1 pm. Their selling accelerated at the 889-890 level so they will likely defend that when we get back up there

Thanks; PWD
WELL GOTTA GET SOME SLEEP BEFORE WORK . LATER GANG!
Kool
I noticed that your % Williams seems to be 1 or 2 bars early on calls. Do u find that also
quote:
Originally posted by koolblue

hanging on too long feng? i scalp even if i think, or the proj says 10 points higher , ill jump after 2 or 3 ,you can always get back in and you have money in the bank!other than that, practice makes perfect. try paper trading it first1

there were like 3 or 4 projections that i guess i predicted wrong or something but of course at the time im like no i must be right so i kept holding on and holding on and ended up with 4-5 handles lost a piece.

i almost always scalp out of fear though so i dont think thats the problem.
nice scalping work at the end of Day VO..nice to "see" that..well done indeed
quote:
Originally posted by prestwickdrive

bigs sold a net 40k H contracts since 1 pm. Their selling accelerated at the 889-890 level so they will likely defend that when we get back up there

ONE LAST THING FOR TOMORROW! THE DEADLY 15 MIN PROJ IS NOW 890.50 UNLESS 867.50 IS TOUCHED AGAIN!
feng give me an actual trade you did today with setup and all please
feng: your Reward:Risk ratio must be 2:1 or higher in order to be profitable.

So if your taking 4 point losses and 4 tick gains, your R:R is backwards.

If your going to give a trade 4 points of stop loss room, you would need an 8 point target. Even a 2 point stop will require a 4 point target, which is not easy to achieve and maintain a reasonable win ratio.
thanks bruce but it was more a function of taking quikies before they ran me over!
quote:
Originally posted by feng456

i think i understood Kool's methods for time and price projection so why is it that im down on average of 10-20 handles a day?

feng - you can't take the time and price projections in isolation. Kool also uses oscillators and bollinger bands and moving averages and square 9s and some here also use high volume zones and market profile tools and other fib tools and cycles like ABCs plus attention to news cycles, etc. Some here scalp and some hold for longer periods. Look for convergences where various tools converge on similar signals. There is no one simple method that consistently gets one positive and above all stop discipline is mandatory.
quote:
Originally posted by feng456

quote:
Originally posted by myptofvu

Feng do you have Skype? it would be easier to talk to you...

i had skype then i uninstalled cuz it had lousy connections. but i think my account may be still active. whats ur username or whatever?

skype Id is rthtrader