Chart of the day

Here is a gap and triples so up here at 1227 is my sell...look at the gap in between the white lines...just couldn't hold long with that looming
Click image for original size
triples and gap
agressive short on the 84..they may stil push nq into it's zone..careful
pefect hit for the NQ...81.50 is best for me and triples at the highs.....not trading for those....my least favorite triple to trade for ...got no ammo now...just watching
lots of numbers up at the 92 area and the NQ is unable to hold above that key 56 - 62 area....odds favor the es back into the 86 area today...( a gap fill)
starting today on the 89....short..will evaluate after RTH open..86 is target
50 - 67 is key to the yM for upside resistance
secondary target will be 83 but I only have 3 working....hoping for the pop up in 8 minutes to get a better short
es is only one trying to hold this up...so longs will have a tougher time....still prefer short
working 94.25 short..trying for 90
Bruce....the triples at the low today 90.50, are these considered significant because they are at the low or not.

Thanks for your reply
I won't agressively trade for those as I beleive that triples at the highs or lows have a higher rate of not being run out on the same day.

Now that the day is over they make a nice target as they ALSO are the low of a trading day which is always a good target...folks like to trade for highs and lows of the RTH session.....,now we have two things...triples and the low of the day
I don't think the volume is an issue but it is just something I have observed. I personally would not look at 1 - 4 minute etc..you'd drive yourself crazy and find too many areas of consolidation. For me it's on the 5 minute or else I don't look for them.

Obviously they are not perfect and you can see 5 (5 minute bars) in a row down near the 988 area that have held.....those folks got rewarded but most times the triples give folks the false impression of being rewarded only to get run out later.

There are some who think that the floor or larger traders don't gun for stops.....while they may not gun for my SPECIFIC order I beleive they do know that folks are taught to keep stops just below or above swing points and consolidation areas, like the triples. This is why I am a fader and like things like previous highs and lows and volume areas. We just don't trend enough and spend a huge amount of time consolidating...

Bring up a 5 minute chart of the ES and see how often we get a trend away from a price without going back to fill in the breakout area later.....look for my thread called "Price bar overlap" soon. The RTH session begins for me at 9:30 e.s.t and ends at 4:15 . Everything outside of that time is considered the overnight session for me.
Originally posted by ak1

Thanks Bruce, if the triples are formed inside the days range on high volume will they be considered valid.Like the ones at 1006.5 on Friday. Also if we can't find triples in a 5 min. chart, is it OK to consider the 1 min chart then or do we go loking for them from 4min to 3min to 2min and then 1 min.i.e scale down.