ES Short Term Trading 6-18-10

giant 12 point consolidation....1113 - 1101 ..key between at 1106.50...other is 1117 - 1118.75 and 1125..selling rallies today
TPO count favoring the buyers inside this VA...so this should trade above 1113.75 again..holding 2 runners for trips and new highs.....agressive I know!!
is it gonna be the 1113.75 break or 1110.50..? sure wish it was going up from here but not convinced...like I said...a dangerous place
Bruce, what does TPO stand for? I sometimes just need the spelled out version of your acronyms/abbreviations and then I can decipher what you are looking at. Thanks for your insight!
flat 14.25 print as trips below may be foriming onthis 5 minute bar below so I can't hold any longer
That's market profile term for Time - Price Opportunity...more time is being spent below the Point of control which implies buyers are more agressive and holding this up
Originally posted by Piker

Bruce, what does TPO stand for? I sometimes just need the spelled out version of your acronyms/abbreviations and then I can decipher what you are looking at. Thanks for your insight!
I can'ttake any other trades until some of this resolves...so many conflicts..Trips above, below, Double 30 minute at highs and 10.50....true consolidation!!,
Originally posted by koolblue

Got to get some sleep, but fwiw, i think were in for a few boring hours here.. as i alluded to earlier mish mash untill late afternoon (mish -mash = my term for lots of little ups and downs but basically going sideways) . i think were going to see some good action next week tho, mostlikely on the downside! as a well known blogger has pointed out the week after expiration (June triple witching) is normally down. last 10 in a row and 17 out of the last 19! Anything can happen ,but those are pretty good odds in my book!

Hey kool, I know you are probably asleep now, but if you can clarify this for me when you get a chance I'd appreciate it. Are these stats for triple witches, June only triple witches, or all OpEx? Can you mention the source, or send me a PM with it? Thanks.
I did find one reference to 15 of 17 being for June triple witch, so I guess that's the answer?
short 12.25 for 11.25 and 10>50 break
Originally posted by jimkane

Originally posted by koolblue

Got to get some sleep, but fwiw, i think were in for a few boring hours here.. as i alluded to earlier mish mash untill late afternoon (mish -mash = my term for lots of little ups and downs but basically going sideways) . i think were going to see some good action next week tho, mostlikely on the downside! as a well known blogger has pointed out the week after expiration (June triple witching) is normally down. last 10 in a row and 17 out of the last 19! Anything can happen ,but those are pretty good odds in my book!

Hey kool, I know you are probably asleep now, but if you can clarify this for me when you get a chance I'd appreciate it. Are these stats for triple witches, June only triple witches, or all OpEx? Can you mention the source, or send me a PM with it? Thanks.

Click image for original size
junestats

Historically, the monday following OpEx is -ve from a quant PoV.
Will be interesting though, as recent bullishness of Mutual Fund Mondays will be put to the test.
That was also the globex low at 6:00am i think, a natural 'magnet'. i thought we might see boring mish mash today, ending up sideways... and the june es finished unchanged!..Look for downside action next week,imho! c ya!