ES Wednesday 10-30-13

most important areas to me....

current On high and R2 and O/N vpoc 1772- 1773.25.....I'll be selling into 71.75 anytime after 9 a.m.

weekly R2 and yesterday close and highs 1767.25 - 1768.50...I'll be buying into this anytime after 9 a.m but will need to see 67.25 print again in O/N session first...not 68.50

VA high, daily pivot, O/N low and POC 64.75 - 65.75

Current O/N midpoint is also close to R1 today...I am using that as a target only in RTH...midpoint should print today in RTH
my ideal trades will come in the day session and be initiated BEFORE the Overnight midrange is tested...an open and IMMEDIATE test of that midrange makes all trades higher risk
keep in mind that these rally days have been at some time testing the previous days VA high ...so I do expect that today too....so sells are prefered on an open above Value and the 67 - 68 area buys are not very attractive...hoping for one good sell and call it a day...that would be the ideal !!
this is what i have...probably choppy today overall heading into the fomc announcement at 2pm et

Click image for original size
es2mbar
I prefer the buys off the lower area...near 65....that 67.25 - 68.50 is a more aggressive trade and would trade lighter there
oh yeah...I can vote today...thanks Nick
yep, that 64.5-65 area is the center of yest afternoon distrib (albeit a small one)...lots of small areas pretty close to each other unfortunately

Originally posted by BruceM

I prefer the buys off the lower area...near 65....that 67.25 - 68.50 is a more aggressive trade and would trade lighter there
69.50 was/is midrange.....couldn't put it to good use today...disappointing...hoping they can poke up above ledges at 71.25 and 71.50 but we may nneed to use the opening range trade to get short....hope not
I bought the 67.25 but I think they may try to push for the VA low.....otherwise my target is the volume building at 69.50...tuff trade ..don't want new lows now
all out at 69 and I am confused in here....gaps in my data and that O/N low and VA high down below are still untested
the opening range traders would have tried to sell one point above the one minute high...they got screwed by a tic and never got the shorts working !!
sorry for the video PT but typing that out would have been too complex for my simple brain........also what is fisher indicator...? I will search on line for the answer too....don't expect you to do ALL my work..
No video below? Try this link: questions_for_PT.swf