ES Tuesday 12-16-2014

Today's SD bands. Good luck to everyone.
Click image for original size
iv121614
In O/N we came pretty close to the 1 SD band so I consider that to have already been touched in O/N
since it looks like we might open outside YD VA, should we be taking trades off the 1-min breakout?
There is a gap from 10/28 of 1958.5 to 1961.5. O/N stopped just above that. Let us see if they close that gap today.
If there is a gap open, watch where value starts to develop:
Above 1974.50: look for a long entry
Below 1974.50: look for a short entry

(My current bias is to the short side).

And as always: I am on open drive alert...
how I see it....key areas for me ar 71 -72, 67 and then 62-64 on downside....on upside I will be watching 1980 - 81.75 and then I have two time zones which are close by at 85 - 86 and then up at 88 - 89.50....pivot is here too....so a big zone ( 85 - 90 ) that is best used as a magnet and would be harder to initiate from...
No video below? Try this link: tuesday.swf

also some greenies from 1965-66 on 10/29. We have S1 at 67 so there should be a zone there
yes you could do that and always be prepared to see where that one minute happens....it it harder to buy/sell a breakout if they happen right at one of your key support or resistance numbers....u may also need to take multiple tries....

Originally posted by NewKid

since it looks like we might open outside YD VA, should we be taking trades off the 1-min breakout?
markets like to trade to volume...I have untouched greenies down at 62.50 from 10-30 and one from yesterday at 79.50....my guess is that they will go for the 79.50...we are set to open right in between the two...so break out traders may get a good run if u can hold...one will print today...I just don't know which one !!
starting small longs at 71.50......very small..try to get back to YD rth lows...and then O/N midpoint...hoping not to get run out ...seems 67 will be better long spot...one minute to go
took loser at one minute low break...buying minus 4 and will add at 67.50 if it prints
bringing this fwd in case it got lost in between posts...if u r still reading this Bruce an explanation of what u look at in those scenarios mentioned below would be great thanks

Originally posted by apk781

right, was thinking the same thing...trying to understand how u filter between zones that a priori are good based on market profile stuff once price reaches them...i use internals and tick but from what i see that is not sthg u use much...so would love to understand better why the pitbull was good and the 94-96 wasn't given taht price did not stop pause really at any of them

thanks

Originally posted by NewKid

there was no pause at the -4 number this AM. do you not look for pauses in the pitbull then?