ES Tuesday 12-16-2014

Today's SD bands. Good luck to everyone.
Click image for original size
iv121614
will try longs since vpoc shift higher
Long form 84.50 an Composite HVN held up

sorry for late post
Nice read on YD vpoc becoming support, Shark!
odds favor a return to 87 - 88
hour high and O/N poc is there...a no-no to break through and try to leave singles
Actually I was working off a Volume Profile chart. Saw 81.50 held as support then looked for entry long 84.50 held on a retest (which ius hard to see on this chart). That was my premise.
Originally thought they were going to retest the earlier breakout but when 81.50 held looked for longs

Click image for original size
es 03 15 3660 tick 12162014
this is third thrust up if u look at 5 minute pushes..nice to see them take out the double top and then roll over near VA high from YD
I wonder if PAUL9's post from yesterday about the VIX and the S&P will start to play out??
wow..I couldn't be more wrong !!...gonna try a sell from 2004.25...in singles from YD and above 1 sd band...R1 at 04.50 today might be a good short
took loser at 05.75....trying again from 08.75
bringing this fwd in case it got lost in between posts...if u r still reading this Bruce an explanation of what u look at in those scenarios mentioned below would be great thanks

Originally posted by apk781

right, was thinking the same thing...trying to understand how u filter between zones that a priori are good based on market profile stuff once price reaches them...i use internals and tick but from what i see that is not sthg u use much...so would love to understand better why the pitbull was good and the 94-96 wasn't given taht price did not stop pause really at any of them

thanks

Originally posted by NewKid

there was no pause at the -4 number this AM. do you not look for pauses in the pitbull then?