ES Friday 1-16-15

Here are the bands for today. We hit the lower 1 SD band based on 365 days YD

Click image for original size
iv011615
here is a picture showing what i am talking about... look at the area in the red circle

volume
an 8 point winner turned into a BE trade.... sigh
why did u hang on so long....? just curious...many feel that ES wigs and wags in 2.5 - 4 point increments so holding beyond that if only trading one contract will not work long term unless you can hold through all that noise......
Originally posted by NewKid

an 8 point winner turned into a BE trade.... sigh
possibly back to 87 now
in hindsight i should have put more size on and taken some off at 88 en-route to 93 but obviously i did not. i figured that will all this volatility around, it would get there... which it did eventually, but like you said, i would have had to hold it through all the noise.....lesson learned as usual.. next week i am planning on changing things up a bit and take on more size as i am a little comfortable now but i have not decided completely yet. this week was rough in general so i need to get my head back on straight.

what i learned this week was again that i am good at identifying zones/areas but i lack patience. if i wait, i can take 1-3 good trades a day. A couple of times I misread the open and if i had done what i was supposed to do then i would have been alright. so need to be really zoned in and focus more.. there are times when that gets away from me..

i am on the fence with trading at the open because things are very jumpy then so it is good time to make money but also a good time to lose money if you are not right. so if i can get my focus and discipline back then i am sticking with trading at the open else i will have to step away from it and trade at other times..
i have that feeling where i am on the brink of things working out but just cannot get over that last hump.... at that last hump keeps changing which is also frustrating.... sorry for getting off topic
often it is best to have the market MOVE to one of your predefined zones......so opening right at a zone like today can be real tricky and prone to whipsaws which didn't treally happen today...I think u r on your way ...keep at it......and posting here helps...
Originally posted by NewKid

in hindsight i should have put more size on and taken some off at 88 en-route to 93 but obviously i did not. i figured that will all this volatility around, it would get there... which it did eventually, but like you said, i would have had to hold it through all the noise.....lesson learned as usual.. next week i am planning on changing things up a bit and take on more size as i am a little comfortable now but i have not decided completely yet. this week was rough in general so i need to get my head back on straight.

what i learned this week was again that i am good at identifying zones/areas but i lack patience. if i wait, i can take 1-3 good trades a day. A couple of times I misread the open and if i had done what i was supposed to do then i would have been alright. so need to be really zoned in and focus more.. there are times when that gets away from me..

i am on the fence with trading at the open because things are very jumpy then so it is good time to make money but also a good time to lose money if you are not right. so if i can get my focus and discipline back then i am sticking with trading at the open else i will have to step away from it and trade at other times..
greenie at 2000.25 FWIW
i know I said no more chart but here is greenie chart...greenie at 2003 area too
greenies2
I think this market wants to come back to 91.75 and even that 87......but this is outside my realm......on strong trends you will see those thirty minute/one minute poc's get left in the dust but usually if u see two unfilled in a row they come back for at least one.....but again ...all bets are off if we trend....trends have poc's move higher/ lower nicely in one direction
how we look when I merge all the bars that started at 12.30....so 2002 seems to be the line to beat now
combined