Does anyone really make money trading futures?

Does anyone really make money trading futures?

I am just wondering.

I know I don't. I have tried all the indicators and the chat room gurus, and none of them make money.

I have a suspicion that a lot of the chat rooms for emini trading are just for hobbyists and market enthusiasts and not for serious traders trying to make a business out of trading.

For any new traders out there please be very cautious of paying anyone to mentor you or signing up for training or a chat room. From what I have seen the only people making money in these deals is the mentor, the chat room owner or the author of the training manual.

I would love to hear from you if you are a successful trader making 20% off your account or better over the past year. I know only 5 to 10 percent of traders are supposed to be successful, but I am beginning to think that zero percent of traders are successful over the long haul. Certainly anyone can have a streak of luck and rack up a few good months where they dramatically increase their account size, but these people are normally big risk takers and eventually they blow out their accounts by taking the exact same risks that help double their accounts in the first place.

Thanks in advance for any response.
I thought he was revealing all for free next week and that it wasn't just an "advertisement" for a course?..I thought he was looking to "give something back". Perhaps I think too much...perhaps Hunterone can straighten us out.....
Bruce,

It would be nice to hear from the student that took hunterone's course?
quote:
Originally posted by hunterone

I should have been clearer. We are going to start this Monday the 14th and go for the full week.

Just my luck skills of 4 yr old. Just missed the cut off again. I am sure we can get something done. The audio will be better than text since we will be calling trades not typing them in at least not most of the time.

Thanks for the clarification. I'll look forward to the room next week

quote:
Originally posted by voodoo1

Hunterone,

So how much did you charge the sucker(student) to learn your method?

How much have they lost of there trading account sofar?

How much support are you giving them b/c its been less than a month and you are doing another room to troll for more students, nice hook in your stmt. regarding that no one can pay you enough money to teach, I am sure you will get more newbies?

Voodoo1

Rather than freak out on HunterOne ... why don't you just visit the room next week and decide for yourself whether his calls are worth while.
bakrob99,

I don't think I was freaking out at all, but sometimes the written word is not the same medium as voice. I apologise if my questions are hard to answer....sorry bakrob99, may I ask if you are in anyway associated with hunterone.

Also bakrob99 I will take it under advisement on visiting the room next week.

Again all above stmts. of mine are just one mans opinion
Please note that this post is not directed at anyone specifically, it is open for all to comment on. Here's where I'm confused. If one wants to see how I fit in all this read my previous posts in this topic. I was the first one to question hunterone on what he said. I have no association with hunterone, and who I am is clear to anyone who has been to my website.

Excepting the one student hunterone took on, or so it says above, I think next week is its own thing. Hunterone told me (when I was one of the first to listen in to his live trading) he normally talks with his small core group, which is closed, and all he plans to do next week, it seems, is do the exact same thing with one of the key partners in that small group, and let people listen in, the idea being it may help traders who have trouble pulling the trigger see what it's like with traders who don't have that issue. If no account statements are shown, and there is no proof, and it is all just voodoo, as voodoo1 says, I fail to see the relevance here if no money is asked for, none is to be in the future, and after this hunterone will likely go back to his routine and that will be it for him.

Can't traders just listen in and see if they take anything from it, and then everyone goes on there way? It looks like that is what is being proposed. I guess I don't understand why someone who is offering to do something free and make live market calls and then sell no products has to prove anything, or be so harshly judged. Now, if something was being offered, I fully understand. Maybe I'm just not getting it, but it seems really hard for anyone to try to do anything for anyone without a lot of people getting all over them. Am I missing something?
quote:
Originally posted by voodoo1

bakrob99, may I ask if you are in anyway associated with hunterone.

I don't know Hunterone at all ... the only connection is reading this post.
I think we should give hunterone some slack and let him share what he wants......we can always tar and feater him later if he starts asking for cash.....

edit: should have been "feather"....or maybe feta!!
I think that's pretty much my point.
Where can I find the "ES TRADING TODAY" chat room. I went Paltalk> Browse Rooms>Business and Finance>Day traders ?????
I consistently profit from futures/futures options, but it took me a long time to figure out the best way for me to do so.

While a set of trading rules is very important, I have found that it is just as, maybe even MORE important, to develop "trading callouses" from getting your butt handed to you repeatedly along the way.

Here's the thing: Any set of rules will only work until they don't. It is normal human psychology that there will come a time (again and again) where you deviate from the rules because A) you have had a string of losses, B) you have had a string of wins and now you have a loss and can't believe you're really supposed to "lose this one," C) you get greedy, D) you get scared for whatever reason, or E) any one of a thousand other things that will cause you to screw up.

I had ups and downs for many years until I thought I had it figured out and had a couple of years of really solid profits. I had my own private island picked out :) (not really, but I did have a condo in mind O/N an island). Then came the financial crisis of 2008 and I learned that while I had a generally good strategy, because times were good I had not developed an appropriate risk control system.

Hundreds of thousands of dollars later... (and that didn't take long at all!) I learned the hard way that my strategy was woefully inadequate when the unexpected happened. It took me a while to brush myself off, but eventually I did.

Since sometime in 2009 my cumulative returns are somewhere around 450%. Over the past 9 years I've found that proper risk control continues to be where I tend to fall short, so I've had some choppiness during this time. About two years ago I tightened things up some more to try to make for a smoother equity curve... this mean that, theoretically, my losing months should NOT be as large as in the past, but my winning months will also not be as large as they were in the past.

That's okay though -- even my cumulative success over the past 9-10 years, when averaged out by month, comes to < 2% a month. I suspect that 2% a month, long term, is about where I'll stay, but the ride should just be smoother along the way.

A return like that may or may not be enough for a particular person--it is for me--but keep in mind if you want to shoot for the stars there's a really good chance you're going to eventually crash land back on earth. It really does come down to being adequately capitalized and having a reasonable return be "enough" for you. By all means, trade even with a small account, because you need that experience to get to the point where you'll know what you're doing when you have the larger account. Just don't expect to turn a tiny account into a massive one along the way or you will probably be disappointed.

-PDG