Looking for trading partner for ES on profit sharing basis

Hi,

I'm looking for an experienced ES trader who trades ES using pivots and fibonacci S/R lines with tight stop loss (daytrading).

I'm looking for someone who can make atleast 25 points per Week.

I can share 50% of the profit made.

If anyone is interested please PM me, we can talk.

Thanks
Grednfer & Jedi: Thanks for keeping us informed. It is unfortunate you were not able to come to terms on the challenge. I think there needed to be a little bit more flexibility on each side for this to come together.

I thought Grednfer came up with a cool idea with his challenge, and I hoped we could somehow find a way to get this to work.

Thanks to Grednfer for proposing the concept, and to Jedi for stepping up to the batters plate first. Sorry it didn't come together for you both at this time.
No need to close out what could be a fun and productive experience for all aboard here. In the spirit of the thread, is there anyone out there who'd be willing to enter into this type of funding/trader setup ... in a way that could "work?" Read the whole topic/thread before replying since it should be an effort that can deal with and move beyond the roadblocks and hurdles so far. Just an idea1

MM
I had another idea....sorta like the American Idol of trading. But more contemporary.

With the objective of averaging 2 points per day, Traders could propose and submit a set of trading rules as a contest entry. Entries could be submitted by a an individual or a team. We build algo software here, so upon the selection of a "reasonable candidate" we would estimate the cost of the development and build a prototype that would execute the rules. Could be any equity future...ES, NQ, YM or TF. But lets stay with equities right now.

We (here) would build it and set up the test environment and the "entry owner" or "product manager" would be responsible for testing, monitoring performance and providing feedback for quality changes. We would give access to the test environment.....no biggie....we do it all the time.

If the "developed product" can acheive its objectives in test (2 pts/day), we'll move it into production and make some money. To stay in line with original challenge split should be 75%/25%.

Copyrights to be shared 50/50.
My firm will need to reserve the right to purchase the outstanding 50%......for a fixed amount......2 points per day is worth about $50K.

We'll need a moderator to collect the entries and a selection panel.....like Randy, J-Lo, and Steven to narrow the field. The entry selected by the panel will be reviewed and estimated for work and timeline.....we might be able to take two or three, if it doesn't get too complex....but we'll see....depends on engineering bandwidth at the time.

Hints: I always find beauty in simplicity.....
Don't dismiss the wacky either.....we seen it all....maybe not all but we've seen a lot of wacky....sometimes chaos rules.

I can usually look a set of rules and tell if its even remotely viable....so feedback will be given there.

Let me know if you like that......
Feel free to change the format of the challenge.

You may have to privatize the process somewhat as this is the internet and you don't want some jackal stealing the stuff. In my industry, security is the #1 issue.

Lemme know.......
Originally posted by grednfer

Copyrights to be shared 50/50.

My firm will need to reserve the right to purchase the outstanding 50%......for a fixed amount......2 points per day is worth about $50K.

Posted-12/19/2011 : 13:22:00 Very valuable cake! That particular set of rules to yeild approx 500 ES points per year....is worth around $2M.....

What happened to the other $1,950,000?

This thread has become a joke!
In order to get to the $2M valuation, you would have run the program for at least two years.....and have tax returns to verify the results.

Joke?

Do you know how much it would cost me to build and coordinate the testing and changes. Algo engineers make $300/hour.......

Even if it failed, can you try to imagine how much you would learn in the process?

If you trade manually and can do it profitably.....guess what....it dies with you. My sixteen year old son made $7,000 last summer trading 1 DOW contract with a very simple algo. The only exposure he has to manual trading is for testing and emergencies like a laptop failure.
There is a whole new generation of technologists coming which will really fuel this industry. Do you think he has any desire to get a job at the supermarket next summer like his friends, who barely made 20% of what he made, and worked 10 times harder for it.

I am constantly perplexed by people's inability to recognize and pursue opportunity.....and then disparage it.

Like I tell my other son who plays basketball. "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"

In order to get to the $2M valuation, you would have run the program for at least two years.....and have tax returns to verify the results.

Joke?

Do you know how much it would cost me to build and coordinate the testing and changes. Algo engineers make $300/hour.......

Even if it failed, can you try to imagine how much you would learn in the process?

If you trade manually and can do it profitably.....guess what....it dies with you. My sixteen year old son made $7,000 last summer trading 1 DOW contract with a very simple algo. The only exposure he has to manual trading is for testing and emergencies like a laptop failure.
There is a whole new generation of technologists coming which will really fuel this industry. Do you think he has any desire to get a job at the supermarket next summer like his friends, who barely made 20% of what he made, and worked 10 times harder for it.

I am constantly perplexed by people's inability to recognize and pursue opportunity.....and then disparage it.

Like I tell my other son who plays basketball. "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"

I try to force myself from responding to these threads but sometimes I just loose control.

Either I'm not smart enough to understand or these things are not understandable.

The story about your son falls into one of these situations. It seems to me if you have an algo that makes over $2000 a month trading a one lot, on the YM, that equals the 2 point method your trying to get a stranger to provide.

I am constantly perplexed by people's inability to recognize the problems with their comments.....and then find ways to defend them.
It's really funny....how people view an opportunity...to learn, to grow, to make money.

The summer was easy...the S&P averaged 92 points per week....did you know that? If you trade ES you should. Do you know what that is in YM points? For us, its the same program with minor adjustments. And yes I have many programs that do 2 points per day, some do 5, some do more. But I'm always looking for other approaches. I like searching for other approaches.

The challenge was not for me, it was an opportunity for others....to transition.....into the present. Maybe I could've benefitted, maybe not. But the one providing the trading rules surely would have benefit.....as all the risk was mine.

But if you're content with staring at a monitor and poking buttons (and thats a yucky life)....far be it from me to drag Dino through the mud.
Grednfer,
Providing the trading rules THAT CAN WORK CONSISTENTLY IN A BLACKBOX thru various conditions is worth its weight in gold, certainly more than $50k.. I'm willing to mortgage my house and then some to provide others the same opportunity if they can show me the formula that can achieve this.

If this is the ultimate goal, ES is not the ideal instrument to achieve this. In CL or TF, there are some possibilities but I doubt anyone will step to create it for you and if successful, have to allow you to buy him out at $50k.. If you have several of these black boxes, you'd make the Forbes 500 list in no time..

Sitting in front of the monitors may not be the Caribbeans sipping a martini but its not too bad.. I don't aim to scalp but 2 pts/day is doable even in this narrower range if you aim to scalp. I often give back 2 pts of profit hoping for more but if my ultimate goal is to capture 2-3 4-6 tick moves, the range of the day does not offer much advantage.
Jedi

You're right about TF. You only need 1 point to equal ES's 2. And since its more volatile the point is easier to get. And thats what odd about people trading ES.....more risk and less reward....but to each his own.

The simplest algo I have does 2.25 ES points per day and so far for 2012 has a 100% success rate.....wonder how long it will last....normal is about 86%. However, with that program, the contract aborbsion rate isn't linear and that constrains the process to less than 100 or so contracts which is about 10% of the per tic volume....in other words, it's not infinitely scalable you can't keep doubling your money until you're a billionaire.......so forbes will have to wait.

In the office here, most of our stuff is based on a certain math paradigm, but I'm trying to get people here to think differently, its hard..... So our contest is not just the 2 point goal, but 2 points with the least lines of code or bytes. Optimally I want the rules to reside on the broker server to reduce my server cost, but very few brokers offer more than time or price based order queing......I'm sure it will happen soon though.....cloud computing and all.

So our contest is not just the 2 point goal, but 2 points with the least lines of code or bytes.

It kinda sounds like a holy grail.. Why wouldn't someone who has such a method do the simple programming themselves or just hire someone to get it done for a few grand? I'll easily double your offer!!

I am interested but dont believe your methods alone would be enough