Tsunami Trading Educators

http://www.tsunami-trade.com/

Here comes another system--which costs a whopping $6500--that claims to use no indicators whatsoever, only proprietary charts, to day trade the ES. I swear these sites are multiplying faster than roaches in an old soup can. What is so special about trading on price action? It's been done ever since markets existed but lately has become so new and vogue.

I've taken the free trial a couple of times and I'm not impressed. It obviously is targeting the novice trader who has spent a lot of time and money on other trading tools and still is losing money. Who else but the desperate and/or naive would wire $6500 to someone's bank account who, like most others in this con game business, won't even disclose their name, let alone a phone number. In addition to sending your money in a non-recourse fashion, new members are required to sign an unbelievably one sided disclaimer http://www.tsunami-trade.com/disclaimer.html that doesn't even tell you where this company is located. In addition, a search under "who is" reveals an anonymous front hosting company (Tucows).

In fact, the guy who runs this shop (Blade) is so paranoid and secretive that he doesn't even let other members communicate amongst themselves away from the room. He totally forbids any sharing of emails, IM, or Skype and is lightening quick to erase any such posts. On several occasions I witnessed him bleeping out this type of info AND admonishing the person who posted.

What I found particularly interesting was the use of shills in the room to praise and tout the system to the folks who were in for free trial. This is a variation of the three card monte scam in which the people winning money right and left (in this case alleged "members" who expound the virtues of this system ad nauseum) lure the unsuspecting visitors to get on board. Blade himself is the biggest showman when he makes the right call on a trade, making it seem that the magic secret of interpreting price action through this so-called proprietary system is the answer to your dreams. And indeed, the website has all the bait with pictures of folks living their fantasy lives on some tropical island with a Ferrari in the driveway.

In the two weeks I spent in the room, I calculated a win rate of approximately 59% as defined by a trade making one point before hitting a 1.25 stop. No great shakes. Blade claims the system is "robust" in that it gives many signals during the trading session. (I witnessed 10 calls in one day.) When a trade gets stopped before profit Blade has a litany of excuses that are too long to mention in this thread; suffice it to say as any true conman, he knows how to put a spin on the negatives as if it really wasn't all that bad. For example, the market is "acting violently" and the price action, therefore, can't be properly discerned. Blame it on anything but the system. After a couple of quick stopouts in a row, he takes a break as moderator and the room sits in silence.

Although I'm not privy to his secret system, my observations tell me he uses a short term candlestick chart (10 or 15 minute) calling out buys at obvious support and sells at resistance. Anyone with a rudimentary understanding of technical analysis and chart reading could easily make the same calls. I also believe he uses a modified pivot point for his early morning calls which I did find funny. (f X price is broken, expect to go to Y and if that is broken, the Z and vice versa for the upside).

The free trial is worth the price of admission for entertainment, but not much else.

quote:
Originally posted by goodword

I think this method is junk. I paid for it, and it sounds good in theory - which is a combination of well known approaches to the market as well as a couple of semi-innovative techniques. But it was not tradeable for me in real time. And I don't think it is for Blade either as demonstrated by the results in the trading room.

Learn from my costly mistake and save your money.

Goodword I'm sure you're word is good! What did you see that made you spend $6500 in the first place? I guess I'm asking what got you to send money and how much due diligence was done before that?

I also noticed you joined Trading Zoo. Can you please answer the same questions for it? I'm not setting you up to grill you, I promise.
My reason to post here was to try to save people from wasting $6.5k on the Tsunami system.

Unfortunately, some people are so anxious to trade that they will believe anything. After another losing week for him last week, some guy still gave Blade $6.5k. I assume he didn't bother to do a google search to see what members who could talk freely had to say about Tsunami in this forum.

Official trades this week so far, Monday was 4W, 4L, and 2 b/e. Tuesday was 1W, 9L, and 2 b/e. Wednesday was 2W, 2L.

He announced yesterday morning that from now on, we will take aiao at 1 point, and take ALL system trades. Today he changed that, said he would not take all trades, and would hold runners. This is not a guy with a system, it is a guy trying to figure out how to trade, while being paid by his students.

Even though Blade's official calls continue to bleed red, again today he pointed out numerous trades that would have worked great had he taken them. Of course, all after the fact. Here are a few quotes:

"See, it would have worked"

"We should have taken that system trade. Look how great it was"

"I know we didn't take that trade, but look how the market turned there"

"I hope you all see what a valid and beautiful system we have here"

And the sad thing is, nobody in the room says "but Blade, you didn't call them, so what difference does it make. You only make money on trades we actually place with the market.". Why? Because he only allows positive comments. People who ask tough questions are not allowed back.
redsioux: You are fantastic! Today is my day for compliments because I was saying the same thing about day trading for providing this amazing forum to expose people like Blade.

I cannot believe that Blade is still being allowed to operate in the way that he is. However, if you look back at it you were also an unfortunate victim of his charade and you seem to be a level headed, honest and intelligent guy. I guess that you are also just too trusting.
quote:
Originally posted by George Soros

redsioux: You are fantastic! Today is my day for compliments because I was saying the same thing about day trading for providing this amazing forum to expose people like Blade.

I cannot believe that Blade is still being allowed to operate in the way that he is. However, if you look back at it you were also an unfortunate victim of his charade and you seem to be a level headed, honest and intelligent guy. I guess that you are also just too trusting.

You are right, I was very gullible. I should have realized it was a scam.

But, when I signed up he actually had some winning days and there was not a forum like this one where I could check him out.
Blade sounds like a clever guy but clever in a criminal way. He has obviously either spent a lot of time researching how to rip people off in this area or he has done it in the past and has refined his technique. By not allowing you guys to talk to each other or say negative things and by making himself impossible to trace and nobody knowing his name makes this the perfect scam.

In fact, I would like to say that this thread and forum could be the seed bed for plenty more scams like Blade. You guys have described the perfect formula for getting people into a non-working rip-off system because every dog is going to have its day and each system - even a random one - will be working every now and then and so he is bound to have some winning weeks and on those weeks he will get new punters and on the losing weeks he will get zero punters. Perhaps on the losing weeks he invites them back for another week in the hope that the following week will be spectacular.

Anyway, you continue to do a great job by warning everyone about this and I thank you for that. I am sure that there are plenty of people that are $6,500 richer today because of you. Perhaps that can make you feel better about what you are doing.
just admitting I fell for the Tsunami marketing job also - TradeMaven referred me to it, said it was great, very high winning %. I tried to find out something but this forum not in existence at the time I joined, which was too soon.
Thanks for this forum - hope it helps many keep their money from crooks.
quote:
Originally posted by ican

just admitting I fell for the Tsunami marketing job also - TradeMaven referred me to it, said it was great, very high winning %. I tried to find out something but this forum not in existence at the time I joined, which was too soon.

You should file a complaint with the CFTC regarding Trademaven's endorsement. They did not do due diligence, and lied about his record.

They are liable for any losses you incurred, the cost of the course, and punitive damages. Also consult your attorney.
resioux, since you are hopefully anonymous here, can you tell us if you've spoken to an attorney to commence a legal action for relief against TradeMaven and Tsunami? I think your advice is sound although personally I deplore litigation. It's a tremendous drain of energy and I'm not sure what the karmic effect is.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

what a phoney

Aaron is that you?
Is blade's name John by the way? From what i ve seen, his latest scam is TsuBot, which he claims has an extremely high win rate in all markets. Watching it trade live, it's obvious that reality is much different. Interesting that he only takes into account the first profit target which is no more than eg 3 ES ticks or 5 GBP/USD pips (which is really 2 after spread which he totally ignores, but that should be expected as he has never placed a real trade himself). The corresponding stop loss is several times larger, a sure recipe for disaster. Avoid them at ALL costs no matter how tempted you feel to waste 6-7k