Tsunami Trading Educators

http://www.tsunami-trade.com/

Here comes another system--which costs a whopping $6500--that claims to use no indicators whatsoever, only proprietary charts, to day trade the ES. I swear these sites are multiplying faster than roaches in an old soup can. What is so special about trading on price action? It's been done ever since markets existed but lately has become so new and vogue.

I've taken the free trial a couple of times and I'm not impressed. It obviously is targeting the novice trader who has spent a lot of time and money on other trading tools and still is losing money. Who else but the desperate and/or naive would wire $6500 to someone's bank account who, like most others in this con game business, won't even disclose their name, let alone a phone number. In addition to sending your money in a non-recourse fashion, new members are required to sign an unbelievably one sided disclaimer http://www.tsunami-trade.com/disclaimer.html that doesn't even tell you where this company is located. In addition, a search under "who is" reveals an anonymous front hosting company (Tucows).

In fact, the guy who runs this shop (Blade) is so paranoid and secretive that he doesn't even let other members communicate amongst themselves away from the room. He totally forbids any sharing of emails, IM, or Skype and is lightening quick to erase any such posts. On several occasions I witnessed him bleeping out this type of info AND admonishing the person who posted.

What I found particularly interesting was the use of shills in the room to praise and tout the system to the folks who were in for free trial. This is a variation of the three card monte scam in which the people winning money right and left (in this case alleged "members" who expound the virtues of this system ad nauseum) lure the unsuspecting visitors to get on board. Blade himself is the biggest showman when he makes the right call on a trade, making it seem that the magic secret of interpreting price action through this so-called proprietary system is the answer to your dreams. And indeed, the website has all the bait with pictures of folks living their fantasy lives on some tropical island with a Ferrari in the driveway.

In the two weeks I spent in the room, I calculated a win rate of approximately 59% as defined by a trade making one point before hitting a 1.25 stop. No great shakes. Blade claims the system is "robust" in that it gives many signals during the trading session. (I witnessed 10 calls in one day.) When a trade gets stopped before profit Blade has a litany of excuses that are too long to mention in this thread; suffice it to say as any true conman, he knows how to put a spin on the negatives as if it really wasn't all that bad. For example, the market is "acting violently" and the price action, therefore, can't be properly discerned. Blame it on anything but the system. After a couple of quick stopouts in a row, he takes a break as moderator and the room sits in silence.

Although I'm not privy to his secret system, my observations tell me he uses a short term candlestick chart (10 or 15 minute) calling out buys at obvious support and sells at resistance. Anyone with a rudimentary understanding of technical analysis and chart reading could easily make the same calls. I also believe he uses a modified pivot point for his early morning calls which I did find funny. (f X price is broken, expect to go to Y and if that is broken, the Z and vice versa for the upside).

The free trial is worth the price of admission for entertainment, but not much else.

quote:
Originally posted by ican

That is indeed very interesting that TM dropped the reference to Tsunami from their educational partners page. Very telling.

Have you seen the educators page on Trademavens website?

http://www.trademaven.com/trademaven/education.html

They have taken all of their educators down. Wonder what other deals they had going on behind close doors?
I suspect the reason TM took all the endorsments off their site has is related the investigation by regulators over their Tsunami deal. They probably did no more diligence with the other educators than they did with Tsunami.

On another note, Blade shut the room down for the first 3 days this week. Does anybody out there know of a room that just shuts down when the guru isn't around? Blade does have johng that he told us would be there when he wasn't. Blade told everyone that his system is very mechanical, so why can't johng open the room when Blade can't be there?

Better yet, why not let the members meet in the room when he is gone? I guess we all know the answer to that. He is deathly afraid of any of the members "talking amongst themselves", lest they find out that nobody is making money with the Tsunami system.

This guy is the most paranoid person on the web. He must really have something to hide.
Well, it is trial week again in the Tsunami room. Just in case any of you free trialers wander in here, let me assure you that Blade continues to prove his ignorance of the market. Don't be fooled by his rehtoric, what he is using this week is not a tried and true method, but his latest attempt to lure you into sending him $6.5k with absolutely no guarantees or re-course.

Last week he added "indicators", which he preached for months were tools of "amatures" and were all lagging. Like all of his strategies, he didn't stay with this one for long. By Monday of this week, he had abandoned the Keltners and had a new "price based confirmation".

His strategy this week is so obviously flawed I can't believe the members did not call him on it. It just WILL NOT WORK IN REAL TIME. He is using trend lines to confirm his wave entries, and when he uses yesterday's charts to illustrate them, they work nearly perfectly. But even the most novice traders know that as the market unfolds, the highs and lows change and you have to keep re-drawing trend lines in real time. Had he spent even one day trading it live before introducing it to his members, he would have realized it.

So far his new strategy has been a miserable failure. If indeed he has a winning call, most of the time he is so late with them it would be a miracle if it filled. When he calls it with more time to fill, he is usually stopped out.

He has also changed his much touted, "easily achieved" goal of 4 pts/day/ct from 4 points to 2 points. At one time on Monday, he announced the daily goal had been met (2pts) and that everybody should quit trading, but that was after 6 trades. Figure in commissions and add all the huge losing days, and it will not take you long to blow your account using the Tsunami method.

Trialers, please please save your money. Just consider this:

Blade no longer posts any trades (only verbalizes them) and does not allow recording in his room. If the system is so great, why wouldn't he want it documented?

Your contract with him does not require him to do anything, and requires that YOU never say anything to a third party about Tsunami's trading results. Why wouldn't he want you to tell others if his trading results were as good as he claims?

You will never know Blade's true identity, but he will know yours. He is well hidden behind a "storefont" corporation in Hawaii. He has the right to sue you if you violate your agreement, but you won't even be able to find him.
Very interesting, thanks for the posts and updates Redsioux. How many people are in the room this week? Thanks.
I totally agree with Redsioux and his warnings.
Blade sent out an email inviting us to try out his new beta version of his software. I was curious, so I stopped in the room today.

Since Trademaven cut their ties with him, he is back to using Tradestation for his charting.

He claims "all of this is original from my own brain". What a joke. The guy who proclaimed all indicators were worthless now has his charts covered with indicators. Dots of all sizes and colors, volume indicators, trend lines, "trigger lines", etc etc.

Of course, his results are the same as before. He looses during the day, but in "retropsect' when he goes over the trades later his system is nearly perfect.

As for it all being original, I think if Clayburg were to take a look at the Tsunami indicators, he might disagree, since they look exactly like his stuff. As for his use of trendlines, it is chart reading 101, hardly worth $6.5k.

It is so obvious that this guy NEVER had a winning system. He continues to look for something to justify his outrageous fee, but that just proves what a crook he is. An honest person would develop the system first, then sell it to the public. He is doing just the opposite, sold the sytem and is now trying to manufacture it.

Please guys, save your money and your sanity, stay away from this con man.
I agree with redsioux. Blade is a conman. Save your 6.5k....
thanks for the update redsioux. Very, very interesting about Blade's "new" stuff. How many are in Blade's room these days? Any new members? Is JohnG still around? Just curious. Thanks.
oh wow - back to TradeStation - ha - what a laugher - I remember how he was pushing TradeMaven on everyone and that TS would not be supported, not as good, etc. How did he explain the backtracking, no more TradeMaven and going back to TS? I'll bet that was creative! Thanks.
quote:
Originally posted by ican

thanks for the update redsioux. Very, very interesting about Blade's "new" stuff. How many are in Blade's room these days? Any new members? Is JohnG still around? Just curious. Thanks.

Usually about 10 members are in the invited list, however, when he asks for those who hear him to type a "y", he usally gets a response of about 3. I don't think he has had any new members for several weeks

Johng still moderates, but it is obious he has a tough time keeping up with all the changes Blade makes.
Is blade's name John by the way? From what i ve seen, his latest scam is TsuBot, which he claims has an extremely high win rate in all markets. Watching it trade live, it's obvious that reality is much different. Interesting that he only takes into account the first profit target which is no more than eg 3 ES ticks or 5 GBP/USD pips (which is really 2 after spread which he totally ignores, but that should be expected as he has never placed a real trade himself). The corresponding stop loss is several times larger, a sure recipe for disaster. Avoid them at ALL costs no matter how tempted you feel to waste 6-7k