Tsunami Trading Educators

http://www.tsunami-trade.com/

Here comes another system--which costs a whopping $6500--that claims to use no indicators whatsoever, only proprietary charts, to day trade the ES. I swear these sites are multiplying faster than roaches in an old soup can. What is so special about trading on price action? It's been done ever since markets existed but lately has become so new and vogue.

I've taken the free trial a couple of times and I'm not impressed. It obviously is targeting the novice trader who has spent a lot of time and money on other trading tools and still is losing money. Who else but the desperate and/or naive would wire $6500 to someone's bank account who, like most others in this con game business, won't even disclose their name, let alone a phone number. In addition to sending your money in a non-recourse fashion, new members are required to sign an unbelievably one sided disclaimer http://www.tsunami-trade.com/disclaimer.html that doesn't even tell you where this company is located. In addition, a search under "who is" reveals an anonymous front hosting company (Tucows).

In fact, the guy who runs this shop (Blade) is so paranoid and secretive that he doesn't even let other members communicate amongst themselves away from the room. He totally forbids any sharing of emails, IM, or Skype and is lightening quick to erase any such posts. On several occasions I witnessed him bleeping out this type of info AND admonishing the person who posted.

What I found particularly interesting was the use of shills in the room to praise and tout the system to the folks who were in for free trial. This is a variation of the three card monte scam in which the people winning money right and left (in this case alleged "members" who expound the virtues of this system ad nauseum) lure the unsuspecting visitors to get on board. Blade himself is the biggest showman when he makes the right call on a trade, making it seem that the magic secret of interpreting price action through this so-called proprietary system is the answer to your dreams. And indeed, the website has all the bait with pictures of folks living their fantasy lives on some tropical island with a Ferrari in the driveway.

In the two weeks I spent in the room, I calculated a win rate of approximately 59% as defined by a trade making one point before hitting a 1.25 stop. No great shakes. Blade claims the system is "robust" in that it gives many signals during the trading session. (I witnessed 10 calls in one day.) When a trade gets stopped before profit Blade has a litany of excuses that are too long to mention in this thread; suffice it to say as any true conman, he knows how to put a spin on the negatives as if it really wasn't all that bad. For example, the market is "acting violently" and the price action, therefore, can't be properly discerned. Blame it on anything but the system. After a couple of quick stopouts in a row, he takes a break as moderator and the room sits in silence.

Although I'm not privy to his secret system, my observations tell me he uses a short term candlestick chart (10 or 15 minute) calling out buys at obvious support and sells at resistance. Anyone with a rudimentary understanding of technical analysis and chart reading could easily make the same calls. I also believe he uses a modified pivot point for his early morning calls which I did find funny. (f X price is broken, expect to go to Y and if that is broken, the Z and vice versa for the upside).

The free trial is worth the price of admission for entertainment, but not much else.

Have not been able to trace down his name yet. However, the phone number listed on his site (650-281-1254) is listed under Train Tsunami in Brisbane, CA 94005. This is in the San Francisco area.
Well, still no prl in the tsunami members room. What a surprise! Only Blade making his usual calls and no one else. Where is that prl person some on this board were so concerned about offending? The Tsunami agreement prohibits posting negative comments about tsunami to third parties, but not positive ones, so where are the supposed tsunami members who make the "system" work? Why aren't they posting under their hotcomm nicks? Why aren't they posting their entries live in the tsunami hotcomm room for the benefit of fellow members. The answer should be quite clear to all by now. The reason is that all the positive posts come from people with a financial interest in TT. So who are they? Blade, JohnG, SueL, and perhaps that Josh guy from Trademaven. Today had 17, count 'em 17, morning call levels. Give me a friggin break. Tsunami is total crap.
quote:
Originally posted by Caseman707

Have not been able to trace down his name yet. However, the phone number listed on his site (650-281-1254) is listed under Train Tsunami in Brisbane, CA 94005. This is in the San Francisco area.

Actually, Blade has told people who ask what state he is in, that Tsunami is located in California, but I don't believe it. He is incorporated in Hawaii, and has gone to great lengths to conceal his identity. He (or his attorney) figured out some way to remove his name off the corporate registry in Hawaii. When he first started signing people up, he took credit cards. My guess is he found out people could reverse the charges on their credit cards when they found out he was a fraud, so he switched to bank wires only, and the funds were wired to a bank in Honolulu. Later he established a bank account on the mainland to recieve the wires.

A lot of the history is just now coming to light. Since he did not allow any communication between members, it was almost impossible to find out what the other members had experienced. But, when he sent that email out the other day that had most of the members email address in the header, we were finally able to regain our constituional right to free assembly.

Blade lives in San Jose and I have his phone number but I won't give it out. Don't even think about asking for it.

I deserve a Pulitzer Prize for this for starting this thread, exposing this fraud and giving intimidated members an avenue to freely express themselves without repercussions from the Tsunami tyrant Blade.

And all I get from one pitbull is grief and aggrevation saying my contributions aren't helpful to the forum like his. Go figure.

quote:
Originally posted by scratched

Well, still no prl in the tsunami members room. What a surprise! Only Blade making his usual calls and no one else. Where is that prl person some on this board were so concerned about offending? The Tsunami agreement prohibits posting negative comments about tsunami to third parties, but not positive ones, so where are the supposed tsunami members who make the "system" work? Why aren't they posting under their hotcomm nicks? Why aren't they posting their entries live in the tsunami hotcomm room for the benefit of fellow members. The answer should be quite clear to all by now. The reason is that all the positive posts come from people with a financial interest in TT. So who are they? Blade, JohnG, SueL, and perhaps that Josh guy from Trademaven. Today had 17, count 'em 17, morning call levels. Give me a friggin break. Tsunami is total crap.

scratched, you seem to be a good fellow but also a bit naive. I told this forum from day one that Tsunami was a real, not make believe, scam and SueL, johnG, and Blade were the grifters. prl might also be in cahoots with those scoundrels Glad to see you have finally come to see the light.

What I haven't figured out yet is why TradeMaven keeps sending their client base to Tsunami. Obviously, they stand to profit by churning those accounts into dust but there must be more here than meets the eye. The senior management knows about this thread because I alerted them to it awhile ago.

Is there a guy named shanti still in the room?
quote:
Originally posted by ahk

Blade lives in San Jose and I have his phone number but I won't give it out. Don't even think about asking for it.

I deserve a Pulitzer Prize for this for starting this thread, exposing this fraud and giving intimidated members an avenue to freely express themselves without repercussions from the Tsunami tyrant Blade.

And all I get from one pitbull is grief and aggravation saying my contributions aren't helpful to the forum like his. Go figure.

What is his name then?

Thank you for starting this thread. It's been a real eye opener.
quote:
Originally posted by day trading

quote:
Originally posted by ahk

And all I get from one pitbull is grief and aggravation saying my contributions aren't helpful to the forum like his. Go figure.

What is his name then?

Thank you for starting this thread. It's been a real eye opener.

Unfortunately, I don't know his name despite my concerted efforts to find out and at this point I no longer care. I have bigger fish to fry.
quote:
What I haven't figured out yet is why TradeMaven keeps sending their client base to Tsunami. Obviously, they stand to profit by churning those accounts into dust but there must be more here than meets the eye. The senior management knows about this thread because I alerted them to it awhile ago.

Shanti has not been around for quite awhile. Why do you ask?

If Trademaven did not know Blade was a sham before they partnered with him, they should have. But regardless of the past, they know now he is a crook. The fact that they continue to send their clients to him pretty much tells everyone they have no morals and are setting themselves up for criminal and civil liability
I received an email from a contributor to this thread assuring me that Blade did not live in San Jose, that he has someone in California answering a phone there and he never speaks on the phone with members or trialers.

Here is my reply:

"Perhaps your're right now, but I was an early trialer (before Trademaven when he had 8 members) and I spoke to Blade twice on the phone and captured the number on caller id. He told me he lived in San Jose, but I couldn't confirm that although the area code matched. One thing's for sure, he wouldn't disclose his name to me even after I offered to sign up if he did. That was the last piece of the puzzle confirming the whole business was a scam.

Have you checked out the Zoo?"
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by redsioux

Shanti has not been around for quite awhile. Why do you ask?

If Trademaven did not know Blade was a sham before they partnered with him, they should have. But regardless of the past, they know now he is a crook. The fact that they continue to send their clients to him pretty much tells everyone they have no morals and are setting themselves up for criminal and civil liability

shanti was an original member and he was horribly bummed out when Blade went on a new member blitz with TradeMaven.
Is blade's name John by the way? From what i ve seen, his latest scam is TsuBot, which he claims has an extremely high win rate in all markets. Watching it trade live, it's obvious that reality is much different. Interesting that he only takes into account the first profit target which is no more than eg 3 ES ticks or 5 GBP/USD pips (which is really 2 after spread which he totally ignores, but that should be expected as he has never placed a real trade himself). The corresponding stop loss is several times larger, a sure recipe for disaster. Avoid them at ALL costs no matter how tempted you feel to waste 6-7k