Tsunami Trading Educators

http://www.tsunami-trade.com/

Here comes another system--which costs a whopping $6500--that claims to use no indicators whatsoever, only proprietary charts, to day trade the ES. I swear these sites are multiplying faster than roaches in an old soup can. What is so special about trading on price action? It's been done ever since markets existed but lately has become so new and vogue.

I've taken the free trial a couple of times and I'm not impressed. It obviously is targeting the novice trader who has spent a lot of time and money on other trading tools and still is losing money. Who else but the desperate and/or naive would wire $6500 to someone's bank account who, like most others in this con game business, won't even disclose their name, let alone a phone number. In addition to sending your money in a non-recourse fashion, new members are required to sign an unbelievably one sided disclaimer http://www.tsunami-trade.com/disclaimer.html that doesn't even tell you where this company is located. In addition, a search under "who is" reveals an anonymous front hosting company (Tucows).

In fact, the guy who runs this shop (Blade) is so paranoid and secretive that he doesn't even let other members communicate amongst themselves away from the room. He totally forbids any sharing of emails, IM, or Skype and is lightening quick to erase any such posts. On several occasions I witnessed him bleeping out this type of info AND admonishing the person who posted.

What I found particularly interesting was the use of shills in the room to praise and tout the system to the folks who were in for free trial. This is a variation of the three card monte scam in which the people winning money right and left (in this case alleged "members" who expound the virtues of this system ad nauseum) lure the unsuspecting visitors to get on board. Blade himself is the biggest showman when he makes the right call on a trade, making it seem that the magic secret of interpreting price action through this so-called proprietary system is the answer to your dreams. And indeed, the website has all the bait with pictures of folks living their fantasy lives on some tropical island with a Ferrari in the driveway.

In the two weeks I spent in the room, I calculated a win rate of approximately 59% as defined by a trade making one point before hitting a 1.25 stop. No great shakes. Blade claims the system is "robust" in that it gives many signals during the trading session. (I witnessed 10 calls in one day.) When a trade gets stopped before profit Blade has a litany of excuses that are too long to mention in this thread; suffice it to say as any true conman, he knows how to put a spin on the negatives as if it really wasn't all that bad. For example, the market is "acting violently" and the price action, therefore, can't be properly discerned. Blame it on anything but the system. After a couple of quick stopouts in a row, he takes a break as moderator and the room sits in silence.

Although I'm not privy to his secret system, my observations tell me he uses a short term candlestick chart (10 or 15 minute) calling out buys at obvious support and sells at resistance. Anyone with a rudimentary understanding of technical analysis and chart reading could easily make the same calls. I also believe he uses a modified pivot point for his early morning calls which I did find funny. (f X price is broken, expect to go to Y and if that is broken, the Z and vice versa for the upside).

The free trial is worth the price of admission for entertainment, but not much else.

Blade went back to one of his old strategies today since johng did better than he did yesterday.

There were 5 official trades, 3 losers and 2 winners. If you are a 1 lot trader you lost 1.75 pts, and a 2 lot trader lost 1.5 pts plus commissions. Both Blade and johng desribed this as a good day for the system.

It was another day when a few "members" claimed to be making money. Some admitted they were only sim trading. None of them posted entries, only exits or points made.

Blade and johng were putting the heavy sell on since tomorrow is the last day of the trial. At least one guy did sign up today. I have no idea how he thinks he will be able to trade Blade's system any better than Blade does, but he is willing to spend $6.5k to try to do it.

Johng assured one prospective member that 2 pts a day with the system was very do-able. Sorry johng, but Blade can't achieve that, so how could this poor sap. I just pray that these guys would take 5 minutes to google tsunami trading and find their way, here, but most of them are just too trusting of these guys to imagine they would be crooks.

It seems that the definition of a winner changed today. Any trade that moves at least 1 pt in his direction is a winner, regardless of how the system actually manages the trade.

Blade called 7 official trades. The 1 lot trader made 2.5 pts, the 2 lot trader made 1 pt, all less commissions. That means the 2 lot trader lost about $40.

But take heart all you Tsunami traders! According to Blade, "we are back on track. The system had a GREAT day!" I don't know what kind of drugs you take Blade, but maybe I should try them. Loosing $40 is a "GREAT' day?

Are you ever going to have a day where you MAKE a 4 pt profit? Doesn't your website state that "the system easily makes 4 pt/ct/day"? Do you not recall saying "MOST days we make our 4 by 10:00 or 11:00, then just shut the computer down". Are you the one who sent out an email saying "forget about making 4 pts/ct/day, we are going to make 16 pts/ct/day!"

How can you sleep at night knowing that you continue to take the money from all these people desperate to find a way to trade? Do you not care about them? Evidently not.

I ran across this thread and have read some of the recent postings. I noticed that most of the posts regarding Tsunami were written by only 2 or 3 people making negative comments about the system. In a field as tough as day trading I realize there will always be people who will not succeed. After all, you read and hear everywhere that 95% of all people who trade will eventually lose their money. That’s a very high percentage.

If that is true, it only makes sense that the only ones who might post in here are the ones who are not succeeding. This has a tendency to paint the Tsunami system in a bad light.

The successful traders have no reason to post anything. Nor do I, but I am doing it today as I feel the Tsunami system is good and worth what I paid for it. In contrast to others, I have not been disappointed.

I am not interested in getting involved in any debates or arguments with anyone, but I would like to add my comments regarding my personal experience with Tsunami.

I have been a member of Tsunami for a few months now. Overall, I have been impressed with the system. Using the Tsunami method has been great for me as most days I DO make my money by noon and am done for the day. Believe me , I have had my ups and downs in trading and have taken multiple trading courses over the years. I have also been in many chat rooms. I can honestly say that by using the Tsunami system I am now consistently profitable!

One post dated 01/11/07 stated “there were 5 official trades, 3 losers and 2 winners”. That is correct, however the writer failed to mention that of the two winning trades one of them went for 5 full points and the other one went for 3 full points. That’s EIGHT points in one day – not bad in my opinion! I have used other systems and have been in other rooms where nothing but LOSERS were called on many days. Since the loss on the losing trades using Tsunami was only 1 point each, a person trading 1 contract on this particular day ended up making 5 points (less commissions) at the end of the day.

This morning I saw Blade call 7 trades in about 2.5 hours of which 5 went for at least 1 point initial profit. The best trade of the day was the Buy Blade called at 10:40 am at 1431.25 – which was only 1.25 points from the day’s low. Before the market even opened he also predicted the top of the day to be 1440.50. Using the trailing stop we are taught and the day’s high prediction target that one trade went for over 9 points of profit per contract(depending on your personal trading strategy).

I calculate today’s (01/12/07) win-loss ratio at 71% - which I think is a winning day in anybody’s book. Even if you didn’t ride the best trade of the day up for 9 points you still made 5 points for the day. IMHO I thought it was a great day.

I also think it is very fair that the Tsunami system only calls a fill when the market ticks through the entry price by 1 tick, and only calls a winner when the market ticks through the 1 pt initial target by 1 tick.

So my experience with the Tsunami system has been quite a bit different than what others have posted here.

I just thought I’d share my experience with others for a different point of view. I hope this helps.

GreenPursuit

Thank you for your eloquent letter in defense of the Tsunami chat room. This opposes the 27 pages of negative postings about the system. You mentioned that most of the posts were written by a handful of people. I think the reason for this is that so few of Blade's members are aware of this site, rather than being a ringing endorsement of the Tsunami method.

Why don't you post this e-mail address in Blade's chatroom and encourage others to list their positive experiences here. OOPS, I forgot. Blade will not allow anyone to post e-mail addresses nor will he allow any member to talk privately to each other. Everything has to be done in front of Blade so he can kick any comment he does not agree with off the site.

You mentioned that you disagreed with some of the total winning trades listed here. So be it. BUT one or two good days does not a system make. I can only speak from experience. I followed each of Blade's calls to the letter for almost two months and I lost a great deal of money. I don't think that I am alone. Of the 83 or so people who paid Blade 6 or 6.5 k, less than 20% of them follow his trades in the room. The last time I checked in the chat room, there were only 15 members present.

Possibly you have a good answer as to why so many people have deserted him if he is making such good money.

I look forward to your reply.

I posted my comments to Green Pursuit in bold underline.

quote:
Originally posted by GreenPursuit

I ran across this thread and have read some of the recent postings. I noticed that most of the posts regarding Tsunami were written by only 2 or 3 people making negative comments about the system. In a field as tough as day trading I realize there will always be people who will not succeed. After all, you read and hear everywhere that 95% of all people who trade will eventually lose their money. That’s a very high percentage.

Green Pursuit, if you think the comments I make are negative, then that proves my point. I am only pointing out what Blade has said or written, what he calls as official trades (not the woulda should coulda trades) and questions for all to consider.

If that is true, it only makes sense that the only ones who might post in here are the ones who are not succeeding. This has a tendency to paint the Tsunami system in a bad light.

The successful traders have no reason to post anything. Nor do I, but I am doing it today as I feel the Tsunami system is good and worth what I paid for it. In contrast to others, I have not been disappointed.

I am not interested in getting involved in any debates or arguments with anyone, but I would like to add my comments regarding my personal experience with Tsunami.

I have been a member of Tsunami for a few months now. Overall, I have been impressed with the system. Using the Tsunami method has been great for me as most days I DO make my money by noon and am done for the day. Believe me , I have had my ups and downs in trading and have taken multiple trading courses over the years. I have also been in many chat rooms. I can honestly say that by using the Tsunami system I am now consistently profitable!

Well that is great that you are consistently profitable and usually have your profit by noon. So the question is, can you teach your strategy to Blade? He has a losing record with the trades he calls. He is using the same system he taught you, so why can't he call winning system trades? I know that many students (suel, mike, johng, traderx, etc) have tried to show him how to trade, but he still can't do it. Blade says and writes that everybody should be able to make 4pts/ct/day by noon "most all of the time", yet he hasn't done it for over 3 months. Please please tell us how to use the system if indeed you are making those kind of numbers.

One post dated 01/11/07 stated “there were 5 official trades, 3 losers and 2 winners”. That is correct, however the writer failed to mention that of the two winning trades one of them went for 5 full points and the other one went for 3 full points. That’s EIGHT points in one day – not bad in my opinion! I have used other systems and have been in other rooms where nothing but LOSERS were called on many days. Since the loss on the losing trades using Tsunami was only 1 point each, a person trading 1 contract on this particular day ended up making 5 points (less commissions) at the end of the day.

Yes, 2 of the winning trades did go that far in the direction that Blade called eventually. BUT, HE WAS NOT IN THE TRADE!! I know he kept pointing out how much you COULD HAVE made if you were still in the trade, but he had the 1 lot traders take profit at 1 pt, and the 2 lot traders take half at 1 pt, and the runner at 2 pts. So it doesn't matter if the trade went 100 pts in his direction, HE HAD YOU OUT OF THE TRADE AT +2 MAX. Also, the stops on all of these trades as he called them was 1.25, not 1 pt. My tally is correct as Blade called and managed the trades, a 1 lot trader lost 1.75 pts and the 2 lot trader lost 1.5 pts plus commissions. I can post the exact times and entry/exit #s if anyone wants them. Unfortunately, Blade does not allow anyone to record or save transcripts, and he closes and erases the room when he leaves, so no one can ever have proof of his calls.

This morning I saw Blade call 7 trades in about 2.5 hours of which 5 went for at least 1 point initial profit. The best trade of the day was the Buy Blade called at 10:40 am at 1431.25 – which was only 1.25 points from the day’s low. Before the market even opened he also predicted the top of the day to be 1440.50. Using the trailing stop we are taught and the day’s high prediction target that one trade went for over 9 points of profit per contract(depending on your personal trading strategy).

I calculate today’s (01/12/07) win-loss ratio at 71% - which I think is a winning day in anybody’s book. Even if you didn’t ride the best trade of the day up for 9 points you still made 5 points for the day. IMHO I thought it was a great day.

Hmm, well let's look at Friday's trades the way Blade called them, not the way one "might" have played them. The 1 lot traders made 2.5 pts net on 7 trades (5 winners, 2 losers), minus commission, if they used the strategy that Blade used. That is still less than 4 pts he says is easily achievable with his system. The 2 lot traders had 2 losers, 3 b/e, and 2 winners and ended up makeing 1 pt net. That is .5 pts/ct/day, again hardly anything close to his claim of 4 pts/ct/day.

You sound just like Blade, "if you stayed in the trade", "if we had not been selling we would have been long", "believe it or not the system had a perfect entry back there but I didn't see it".

[u][b]As for his pre-mkt predictions and s/r lines, what good are they, even if they do work out? They certainly haven't helped him trade successfully. The fact is, he has so many s/r lines that the price is always going to hit some of them, but so what? If you are not in on the right side of a trade, the s/r lines are worthless

I also think it is very fair that the Tsunami system only calls a fill when the market ticks through the entry price by 1 tick, and only calls a winner when the market ticks through the 1 pt initial target by 1 tick.

So my experience with the Tsunami system has been quite a bit different than what others have posted here.

I just thought I’d share my experience with others for a different point of view. I hope this helps.

Green I do have a few questions, hope you don't think they are "too negative".

Did you follow Blade's rules that you have to trade profitably for 20 consecutive days before going live, and then you have to trade 1 ct till you are consistently profitable?

Green, if indeed you are consistently profitable, help the rest of us. There is NOBODY in the room posting entries, only that they made "x" points, or "chinged" a trade AFTER the fact. Could you either teach us or Blade how to make money with Tsunami?

Finally, what do you think happended to the nearly 70 other people who paid $6k to be in the room? Have they just made so much money they retired from trading, or have they given up when they realize Blade is a scam?

Finally, why is Blade so secretive about his identity? Would an honest person have anything to fear? He has our true identity, so why shouldn't we have his, after all we paid him $6.5k. And why won't he allow members to pm each other or share emails? He said he didn't want trialers to get together and share the cost of the course, but the members have already paid him, so why won't he let us communicate? Again, an honest person should have nothing to fear.
redsioux,

I admire your tenacity.
quote:
Originally posted by ahk

redsioux,

I admire your tenacity.

agreed
Green and "prl",

You both said you make Tsunami work. Would you mind contributing to the "collective work that is Tsunami Trading"? Show the members how you do this by posting your entries, stops, and exits, in that order, in real-time. You are in the room I presume. Why not tell us your Hotcomm nickname and/or announce in the members room that you are also known as "Green" or "prl" so we'll know who you are? As pointed out on more than one occasion, posting an exit without posting an entry in real-time is bologna.
quote:
Originally posted by ahk

redsioux,

I admire your tenacity.

I second that and also agree with scratched and the others. You would be doing everyone a great favor if you helped your fellow traders and showed them how you got the Tsunami System to work for you GreenPursuit and prl.

Share your secrets of success with the others who have not been able to understand the system yet. You know that it is the right thing to do.
By my count, 7 trades, 1 lots lost 1 pt, 2 lots lost 4 pts. Something new today, Blade said members need to post their entries live and a couple did on some of their trades. Still no one coming forward as "prl" or "GreenPursuit". Wonder why?
Is blade's name John by the way? From what i ve seen, his latest scam is TsuBot, which he claims has an extremely high win rate in all markets. Watching it trade live, it's obvious that reality is much different. Interesting that he only takes into account the first profit target which is no more than eg 3 ES ticks or 5 GBP/USD pips (which is really 2 after spread which he totally ignores, but that should be expected as he has never placed a real trade himself). The corresponding stop loss is several times larger, a sure recipe for disaster. Avoid them at ALL costs no matter how tempted you feel to waste 6-7k