Tsunami Trading Educators

http://www.tsunami-trade.com/

Here comes another system--which costs a whopping $6500--that claims to use no indicators whatsoever, only proprietary charts, to day trade the ES. I swear these sites are multiplying faster than roaches in an old soup can. What is so special about trading on price action? It's been done ever since markets existed but lately has become so new and vogue.

I've taken the free trial a couple of times and I'm not impressed. It obviously is targeting the novice trader who has spent a lot of time and money on other trading tools and still is losing money. Who else but the desperate and/or naive would wire $6500 to someone's bank account who, like most others in this con game business, won't even disclose their name, let alone a phone number. In addition to sending your money in a non-recourse fashion, new members are required to sign an unbelievably one sided disclaimer http://www.tsunami-trade.com/disclaimer.html that doesn't even tell you where this company is located. In addition, a search under "who is" reveals an anonymous front hosting company (Tucows).

In fact, the guy who runs this shop (Blade) is so paranoid and secretive that he doesn't even let other members communicate amongst themselves away from the room. He totally forbids any sharing of emails, IM, or Skype and is lightening quick to erase any such posts. On several occasions I witnessed him bleeping out this type of info AND admonishing the person who posted.

What I found particularly interesting was the use of shills in the room to praise and tout the system to the folks who were in for free trial. This is a variation of the three card monte scam in which the people winning money right and left (in this case alleged "members" who expound the virtues of this system ad nauseum) lure the unsuspecting visitors to get on board. Blade himself is the biggest showman when he makes the right call on a trade, making it seem that the magic secret of interpreting price action through this so-called proprietary system is the answer to your dreams. And indeed, the website has all the bait with pictures of folks living their fantasy lives on some tropical island with a Ferrari in the driveway.

In the two weeks I spent in the room, I calculated a win rate of approximately 59% as defined by a trade making one point before hitting a 1.25 stop. No great shakes. Blade claims the system is "robust" in that it gives many signals during the trading session. (I witnessed 10 calls in one day.) When a trade gets stopped before profit Blade has a litany of excuses that are too long to mention in this thread; suffice it to say as any true conman, he knows how to put a spin on the negatives as if it really wasn't all that bad. For example, the market is "acting violently" and the price action, therefore, can't be properly discerned. Blame it on anything but the system. After a couple of quick stopouts in a row, he takes a break as moderator and the room sits in silence.

Although I'm not privy to his secret system, my observations tell me he uses a short term candlestick chart (10 or 15 minute) calling out buys at obvious support and sells at resistance. Anyone with a rudimentary understanding of technical analysis and chart reading could easily make the same calls. I also believe he uses a modified pivot point for his early morning calls which I did find funny. (f X price is broken, expect to go to Y and if that is broken, the Z and vice versa for the upside).

The free trial is worth the price of admission for entertainment, but not much else.

quote:
Originally posted by ahk

redsioux,

Are you still trading Blade's calls or just observing these days?

Are you kidding? I must admit I am not the brightest bulb, but I have figured out that neither Blade nor his system can make profitable calls.
quote:
Originally posted by ahk

Attention Tsunami members: Last call to attend the Trading Zoo's free trial starting Monday. Please contact me if you'd like to attend. Tsunami members are welcome without qualification.

Anyone _not_ see that coming?
ahk,

I have an idea. How about offering a few Tsunami Trading victims a complete Zoo Trading course and membership, gratis? That way they could report back their results and perhaps silence some of your critics.
How do you propose we pick the victims? A lottery or raffle? Isn't there a Tsunami Relief Fund sponsered by the UN?

All joking aside, scratched, I'm just a lowly member and not in a capacity to make any binding commitments or concessions for the Zoo. I will, however, offer you a free trial to see how the other half lives. All you have to lose is some time.

quote:
Originally posted by scratched

ahk,

I have an idea. How about offering a few Tsunami Trading victims a complete Zoo Trading course and membership, gratis? That way they could report back their results and perhaps silence some of your critics.

Wow, you guys must be desperate to have to post this on a Friday for a Monday trial.....Interesting that Blue Falcon didn't need to stoop to such low levels of self promotion for their Monday trial..I guess the Zoo is doing something wrong......Great stuff....I really enjoy your posts Aaron..keep them coming don't ever stop....
quote:
Originally posted by ahk

Attention Tsunami members: Last call to attend the Trading Zoo's free trial starting Monday. Please contact me if you'd like to attend. Tsunami members are welcome without qualification.

And some money if you take their trades.....I have put in Bold the key words.....[quote]Originally posted by ahk

All joking aside, scratched, I'm just a lowly member and not in a capacity to make any binding commitments or concessions for the Zoo. I will, however, offer you a free trial to see how the other half lives. All you have to lose is some time.

ahk,
I am probably not the best choice for a free trial or even free membership if offered, but I would give an honest report of the Zoo's record and soundness of the methods. Whatever your affiliation with the Zoo, (it seems you get a referral fee at least) consider the circumstances and possibilities:
There are nearly 60 TT members (and growing) who are looking for a legitimate trading education. They have been through the "trial" process and ripped-off, and would most likely not put down money on another unknown (at least I hope not). They know each other only by their hotcomm nicks, but they do recognize those nicks and would most likely trust each other regarding the authenticity of a trading service. Getting just a few would reap a large majority of them, and a nice fat reward for you and the Zoo. These newly successful traders would laud the Zoo while condemning TT. And what is the risk, teaching a couple for free something that costs you nothing - save - time? Traders understand risk vs. reward, and as I just pointed out, the risk of making the offer is near zero. This should be a no-brainer. Pass this along or think for yourself and, see the opportunity.

scratched
(apologies to the board and mods for the crossover type post)
quote:
Originally posted by ahk

How do you propose we pick the victims? A lottery or raffle? Isn't there a Tsunami Relief Fund sponsered by the UN?

quote:

ahk,

scratched,

There are two problems with your proposal and even if I was empowered to make the decision I would not give away memberships for free.

First, it is unfair to all other members who paid in full.

Second, by giving someone the service for free and then have them tout its virtues to entice others to join would raise serious credibility issues of the claims. You'll recall this was one of the points I mentioned about JohnG who, after instantly becoming a member of Tsunami, became a testimonial author, room moderator and friend of Blade. I believe he was a shill from the beginnging and I also had similiar doubts about SueL who never traded futures before joining Tsunami and after a 6 hours of training, miraculously never had a losing day for two months when other members who traded the same calls by Blade did.

Remember, The Trading Zoo has not had any members come out and badmouth the service in any forum or blog; hopefully, it will stay that way.
quote:

ahk,
I am probably not the best choice for a free trial or even free membership if offered, but I would give an honest report of the Zoo's record and soundness of the methods. Whatever your affiliation with the Zoo, (it seems you get a referral fee at least) consider the circumstances and possibilities:
There are nearly 60 TT members (and growing) who are looking for a legitimate trading education. They have been through the "trial" process and ripped-off, and would most likely not put down money on another unknown (at least I hope not). They know each other only by their hotcomm nicks, but they do recognize those nicks and would most likely trust each other regarding the authenticity of a trading service. Getting just a few would reap a large majority of them, and a nice fat reward for you and the Zoo. These newly successful traders would laud the Zoo while condemning TT. And what is the risk, teaching a couple for free something that costs you nothing - save - time? Traders understand risk vs. reward, and as I just pointed out, the risk of making the offer is near zero. This should be a no-brainer. Pass this along or think for yourself and, see the opportunity.

scratched
(apologies to the board and mods for the crossover type post)
quote:
Originally posted by ahk

quote:

ahk,

This just arrived in my mailbox. Looks like Blade is burning out his rolodex since I've already taken the trial under this email address. Unfortunately, there was no unsubscribe link.

<<<1/6/7

Happy New Year!

To celebrate the New Year, we invite you for a free one week trial of our exciting daytrading program!

Our next free trial week starts on Monday Jan 8, 2007 at 915 am and runs until Friday January 12th.

We specialize in daytrading the e-mini S and P, using price action alone. We use no indicators whatsoever. All our trades are limit orders and all utilize hard 1-1.25 pt stops.

With our methodology, we have had great success as our growing testimonial page will attest to.

http://www.tsunami-trade.com/testimonials.html

This month's training schedule:

http://www.tsunami-trade.com/calendar3.htm

If you are interested in attending, please respond to this email with a simple YES and your name, and we will be sure to enter your name into our trial room list.

To trade our system, we use propietary charts. We have now exclusively partnered with Trademaven, www.trademaven.com who provide the charts for our clients exclusively. These charts are not indicators but they enable us to see in an objective fashion, The Waves of the Market. This allows more objective system trading, where course members can see the same trades and entry prices.
This is in distinction, we believe with other systems out there, where it always seems like the vender sees the winning trades while the student only sees the losing trades!

To visit our room, you will need to install a small software program called "HotComm". Go to www.HotComm.com and install the FREE "HotComm Lite" software. It takes only a couple of minutes. Hotcomm offers a 7 day free trial, download it the night before our free trial starts.

After loading the software use your mouse and click on the little green man icon towards the bottom of the screen or click "File" then "Connect to Target site". The "Connect to Target site" dialog box will appear. In the Target Site box type in relay2:Tsunami-Trade.com exactly as shown with NO spaces. Don't forget the colon and the hypen.

In the "Optional Room Password" box simply enter the password that
follows below and click Connect.

The password for this trial week (Jan 8th - 12th) will be: 2007Waves
The password becomes active each day at 915 am est.

Instantly you will then be connected to our dynamic trading room where you can see with your own eyes and hear with your own ears successful LIVE TRADES being called right as they are occurring!

We want you to evaluate our system in a real time environment so you
can see just how >>on-target accurate<< our system truly is.

Our membership is growing..........one successful trader at a time!

Hope to see you in the room!

Great Trading!

Tsunami Trading Educators, Inc

www.Tsunami-trade.com >>>
quote:
Originally posted by ahk

This just arrived in my mailbox. Looks like Blade is burning out his rolodex since I've already taken the trial under this email address. Unfortunately, there was no unsubscribe link.

<<<1/6/7
...... We have now exclusively partnered with Trademaven, www.trademaven.com who provide the charts for our clients exclusively. These charts are not indicators but they enable us to see in an objective fashion, The Waves of the Market. This allows more objective system trading, where course members can see the same trades and entry prices. This is in distinction, we believe with other systems out there, where it always seems like the vender sees the winning trades while the student only sees the losing trades!......

Notice what I put in italics. He is half right with this statement. In his case the vendor doesn't see winning trades either.

In fact, he stated in the room a couple of weeks ago, "even though he was calling lousy trades, his students had the software and he had trained them to use it". So even if he was calling losers, "his students should be able to make money on their own".

So he is saying the system is so easy and mechanical a student should be able to trade it profitably, but the person who created it cannot trade it. If anybody can explain that logic to me I would appreciate it.

Anybody thinking about signing up for this rip-off should remember:

1. You will not be able to PM anybody in the room, post your phone number or email, or make any negative comments or you will be booted and banned from the room.

2. You will not be able to report anything that goes on in the room to any third party.

3. According to the contract you sign before you get "the keys to the kingdom" Blade is not obligated to even tell the truth. Hard to believe, but if you take the time to read the lengthy legalease it is there.

4. You will be required to sign a statement that you have received "everything" you paid for BEFORE he will give you the software.

5. Blade has never revealed his real name or identity.

6. Even though Trademaven has made some glowing statements about Tsunami Trading, they can provide NO DOCUMENTATION TO BACK UP THEIR STATEMENTS. When asked if Blade had ever traded 20 consecutive profitable days (what Blade requires his students to do before trading live) they were SILENT.
Is blade's name John by the way? From what i ve seen, his latest scam is TsuBot, which he claims has an extremely high win rate in all markets. Watching it trade live, it's obvious that reality is much different. Interesting that he only takes into account the first profit target which is no more than eg 3 ES ticks or 5 GBP/USD pips (which is really 2 after spread which he totally ignores, but that should be expected as he has never placed a real trade himself). The corresponding stop loss is several times larger, a sure recipe for disaster. Avoid them at ALL costs no matter how tempted you feel to waste 6-7k