Tsunami Trading Educators

http://www.tsunami-trade.com/

Here comes another system--which costs a whopping $6500--that claims to use no indicators whatsoever, only proprietary charts, to day trade the ES. I swear these sites are multiplying faster than roaches in an old soup can. What is so special about trading on price action? It's been done ever since markets existed but lately has become so new and vogue.

I've taken the free trial a couple of times and I'm not impressed. It obviously is targeting the novice trader who has spent a lot of time and money on other trading tools and still is losing money. Who else but the desperate and/or naive would wire $6500 to someone's bank account who, like most others in this con game business, won't even disclose their name, let alone a phone number. In addition to sending your money in a non-recourse fashion, new members are required to sign an unbelievably one sided disclaimer http://www.tsunami-trade.com/disclaimer.html that doesn't even tell you where this company is located. In addition, a search under "who is" reveals an anonymous front hosting company (Tucows).

In fact, the guy who runs this shop (Blade) is so paranoid and secretive that he doesn't even let other members communicate amongst themselves away from the room. He totally forbids any sharing of emails, IM, or Skype and is lightening quick to erase any such posts. On several occasions I witnessed him bleeping out this type of info AND admonishing the person who posted.

What I found particularly interesting was the use of shills in the room to praise and tout the system to the folks who were in for free trial. This is a variation of the three card monte scam in which the people winning money right and left (in this case alleged "members" who expound the virtues of this system ad nauseum) lure the unsuspecting visitors to get on board. Blade himself is the biggest showman when he makes the right call on a trade, making it seem that the magic secret of interpreting price action through this so-called proprietary system is the answer to your dreams. And indeed, the website has all the bait with pictures of folks living their fantasy lives on some tropical island with a Ferrari in the driveway.

In the two weeks I spent in the room, I calculated a win rate of approximately 59% as defined by a trade making one point before hitting a 1.25 stop. No great shakes. Blade claims the system is "robust" in that it gives many signals during the trading session. (I witnessed 10 calls in one day.) When a trade gets stopped before profit Blade has a litany of excuses that are too long to mention in this thread; suffice it to say as any true conman, he knows how to put a spin on the negatives as if it really wasn't all that bad. For example, the market is "acting violently" and the price action, therefore, can't be properly discerned. Blame it on anything but the system. After a couple of quick stopouts in a row, he takes a break as moderator and the room sits in silence.

Although I'm not privy to his secret system, my observations tell me he uses a short term candlestick chart (10 or 15 minute) calling out buys at obvious support and sells at resistance. Anyone with a rudimentary understanding of technical analysis and chart reading could easily make the same calls. I also believe he uses a modified pivot point for his early morning calls which I did find funny. (f X price is broken, expect to go to Y and if that is broken, the Z and vice versa for the upside).

The free trial is worth the price of admission for entertainment, but not much else.

Every week is a trial week with Tsunami. They take all comers. Unfortunately, it is the guru who is using trial by error to come up with the ultimate retrospective trade. Blade is a fraud at the highest level and has the backing of Trade Maven, duh. It is a joke to listen to his so called morning call levels. By the time he is done, there are lines at every other tick.

If there are any prospects who intend to pay the retrospective genius $6,500, you would be better off lighting it on fire. Then toss a coin: heads for long, tails for short. At least that way you stand a 50/50 chance.
Just for grins, you may want to look the lengthy contract you must sign when you give Blade your $6.5k.

http://www.tsunami-trade.com/disclaimer2.asp

You will find under paragraph 5, (x) "Tsunami Trading makes no assurances regarding the truth, timeliness or good faith of the material posted."

Obviously nobody that joined bothered to read this fine print. Who would send $6.5k to someone who you agree can not only lie, but doesn't even have to have the intention of being truthful.

This whole agreement makes it clear that Tsunami guarantees nothing in return for your money. It even states that you should not assume that Blade has ever traded, let alone traded profitably or traded the system he sells.

glad i didnt waste my time on this trial. sounds like a bust.

max
quote:
Originally posted by redsioux

quote:
Originally posted by elite trader

From the testimonials page on tsunami web site:
quote:
Unsolicited Testimonial Received 1/4/7

Blade:

Just wanted to drop you a note to let you know how much I appreciate your honest and straight forward approach as you post calls, and evaluate the results of the calls in our member trading room.

As you know, I have been a member for less than a month, and continue to learn every day. The detailed market analysis you cover during our daily morning call sessions enlightens and humbles this investor of many years. I do not take lightly the value of your mentorship.

The first slide you presented during the first day of training introduced me to the idea of looking at the markets in a different way. I am amazed and lighted with the insight, perspective, and integrity that are an intrinsic part of the Tsunami trading room every day.

Many Thanks Obe One !!!

WD

Is Blade now going by the name Obe One?

Hmmm, what a glowing endorsement. I wonder who WD is? I don't remember anybody with that name in Hotcomm room.

You notice that not once does WD say anything positive about the accuracy or win/loss record of Tsunami Trading. Its nice that he appreciates how Blade has "enlightend and amazed" him, but wouldn't it be nice if Blade would just tell us how to use Tsunami to actually make more winning trades than losers.

Just for the record, at one time today there was only 11 students in the member room. When Blade asked if anyone was still there, between member and trial room there was only 9 responses.

WD, do you wonder where the 70+ people are who paid $6k to learn the Tsunami system? Think about it.

Lastly WD, you know Blade does not allow anyone to trade live till they have had 20 consecutive profitable days sim trading. How many consecutive profitable days do you have after a month of being enlightend and amazed in the room?

Only 11 members left in the room. That's a lot of attrition. I stand by my earlier prediction that Tsunami will no longer be among the living sometime this year. Let's hope so.
Blade dissapeared today right after he came back from lunch. I have never been in a room where the guru is gone as much as Tsunami.

Since we assume he is in Hawaii (that is where his contract says any lawsuits have to be filed) it is begginning to make sense to me. This guy must have a day job. He often leaves about the time a person would be going to work in Hawaii.

I wouldn't be at all suprised if he was a lawyer after reading the contract one has to sign to become a member. He also uses a lot of Latin phrases.

If not a lawyer, maybe he is a greeter at Wal-Mart. It would be the perfect job for him.
I would doubt that he needs a day job after receiving $400,000 in member fees recently. Is that figure correct?
quote:
Originally posted by redsioux

Blade dissapeared today right after he came back from lunch. I have never been in a room where the guru is gone as much as Tsunami.

Since we assume he is in Hawaii (that is where his contract says any lawsuits have to be filed) it is begginning to make sense to me. This guy must have a day job. He often leaves about the time a person would be going to work in Hawaii.

I wouldn't be at all suprised if he was a lawyer after reading the contract one has to sign to become a member. He also uses a lot of Latin phrases.

If not a lawyer, maybe he is a greeter at Wal-Mart. It would be the perfect job for him.

lol..red sioux...i enjoy your posts..keep 'em coming
quote:
Originally posted by day trading

I would doubt that he needs a day job after receiving $400,000 in member fees recently. Is that figure correct?
Closer to $500,000.

I guess you are right, but I still wonder why he dissapears.
Today it is kind of hard to report the results. Blade dissapeared right after lunch and johng took over. The problem is johng was not using the strategy for managing the trades that Blade has been telling us to use the last 3 days.

This morning Blade called a lot of trades, but only four would have filled. There were 3 losers and 1 winner. If you took the maximum profit on the winner, a 2 lot trader lost 1.25 pts and a 1 lot trader lost 2.75 pts before commissions.

This afternoon, johng called 2 trades that filled. If you used Blade's strategy, you made 2 pts as a 1 lot trader, and probably 1 pt as a 2 lot trader. If you used the strategy johng used to call the trades, the l lot trader made 2 pts and the 2 lot trader made about 4 pts, but it is harder to be accurate with recording his exits.

So, if somehow you knew to change strategy at noon, a 1 lot trader would have lost .75 pts and a 2 lot trader would have made about 2.75 pts. These totals are net total before commission, not per contract. Remember Blade advertises that most days "we make 4pts/ct/day by 11:00". When you factor in commissions, he hasn't even made that much in 3 whole days this week.

To top it all off, johng declares that he makes money "almost every day". Hey johng, why don't you tell Blade to take a vacation and let you train us how to use the Tsunami system?

Since Trademaven brought about 40 people into the room today, SueL showed up and posted trades for the first time this week. She had a fantastic day according to her, making over 7 pts/ct. The thing is, she didn't show up and post these fantastic trades till AFTER they occured. She may be that good of a trader, but she has NEVER posted an entry live, only posted results AFTER the trade has occured. But you can bet that the poor people that Trademaven sent to the room today won't ever be told that.
Surely somebody knows Blade's real name...?
Is blade's name John by the way? From what i ve seen, his latest scam is TsuBot, which he claims has an extremely high win rate in all markets. Watching it trade live, it's obvious that reality is much different. Interesting that he only takes into account the first profit target which is no more than eg 3 ES ticks or 5 GBP/USD pips (which is really 2 after spread which he totally ignores, but that should be expected as he has never placed a real trade himself). The corresponding stop loss is several times larger, a sure recipe for disaster. Avoid them at ALL costs no matter how tempted you feel to waste 6-7k