Tsunami Trading Educators

http://www.tsunami-trade.com/

Here comes another system--which costs a whopping $6500--that claims to use no indicators whatsoever, only proprietary charts, to day trade the ES. I swear these sites are multiplying faster than roaches in an old soup can. What is so special about trading on price action? It's been done ever since markets existed but lately has become so new and vogue.

I've taken the free trial a couple of times and I'm not impressed. It obviously is targeting the novice trader who has spent a lot of time and money on other trading tools and still is losing money. Who else but the desperate and/or naive would wire $6500 to someone's bank account who, like most others in this con game business, won't even disclose their name, let alone a phone number. In addition to sending your money in a non-recourse fashion, new members are required to sign an unbelievably one sided disclaimer http://www.tsunami-trade.com/disclaimer.html that doesn't even tell you where this company is located. In addition, a search under "who is" reveals an anonymous front hosting company (Tucows).

In fact, the guy who runs this shop (Blade) is so paranoid and secretive that he doesn't even let other members communicate amongst themselves away from the room. He totally forbids any sharing of emails, IM, or Skype and is lightening quick to erase any such posts. On several occasions I witnessed him bleeping out this type of info AND admonishing the person who posted.

What I found particularly interesting was the use of shills in the room to praise and tout the system to the folks who were in for free trial. This is a variation of the three card monte scam in which the people winning money right and left (in this case alleged "members" who expound the virtues of this system ad nauseum) lure the unsuspecting visitors to get on board. Blade himself is the biggest showman when he makes the right call on a trade, making it seem that the magic secret of interpreting price action through this so-called proprietary system is the answer to your dreams. And indeed, the website has all the bait with pictures of folks living their fantasy lives on some tropical island with a Ferrari in the driveway.

In the two weeks I spent in the room, I calculated a win rate of approximately 59% as defined by a trade making one point before hitting a 1.25 stop. No great shakes. Blade claims the system is "robust" in that it gives many signals during the trading session. (I witnessed 10 calls in one day.) When a trade gets stopped before profit Blade has a litany of excuses that are too long to mention in this thread; suffice it to say as any true conman, he knows how to put a spin on the negatives as if it really wasn't all that bad. For example, the market is "acting violently" and the price action, therefore, can't be properly discerned. Blame it on anything but the system. After a couple of quick stopouts in a row, he takes a break as moderator and the room sits in silence.

Although I'm not privy to his secret system, my observations tell me he uses a short term candlestick chart (10 or 15 minute) calling out buys at obvious support and sells at resistance. Anyone with a rudimentary understanding of technical analysis and chart reading could easily make the same calls. I also believe he uses a modified pivot point for his early morning calls which I did find funny. (f X price is broken, expect to go to Y and if that is broken, the Z and vice versa for the upside).

The free trial is worth the price of admission for entertainment, but not much else.

quote:
Originally posted by day trading

prl: How many points did you make in each of October and November using this system? And how many points have you made so far this month?

"I don't like to discuss what I am making or losing so I will not go into figures and facts. I also don't make any claims about what I am making so I do not feel that I am under no moral obligation to reveal or support the figures."...........This is an actual post by "day trading" in the "winning trades?" forum.

Not exactly fair that you ask for specific P/L when you won't even answer the same question.
I'm not selling or supporting a system so there is no need to justify my profits or losses. You, on the other hand, claim that the Tsunami system is working for you. If it is working for you then what is your percentage gain on your account for October and November and December so far? You are hardly giving away any financial information, just a growth percentage.
quote:
Originally posted by day trading

I'm not selling or supporting a system so there is no need to justify my profits or losses. You, on the other hand, claim that the Tsunami system is working for you. If it is working for you then what is your percentage gain on your account for October and November and December so far? You are hardly giving away any financial information, just a growth percentage.

I'll stand by my answer. It works for me.
Let me ask you this question prl: Would you like other people to use the Tsuanmi system? Or would you rather that other potential customers of the system stay away from it?
quote:
Originally posted by prl

It sounds like some of the posts here are from people in the Tsunami room and others are from folks who just want to bad-mouth it without even looking beyond a free trial. I also find that something is to be gained from learning. There are many trading systems out there. Any specific one might work for some and not for others. The Tsunami method is no different. Blade is a knowledgeable, honest guy, teaching a method that does work. I, too, am one that has been able to make this system work for me.

"I also find that something is to be gained from learning." Pretty hard to argue with that.

"Any specific one might work for some and not for others." But don't you think it is odd that it doesn't work for the guy who invented it and is charging $6.5K for it.

"Blade is a knowledgeable, honest guy, teaching a method that does work." Blade is knowledgeable about different systems, but he is not an honest guy. He has lied to get people to pay him money, but of course myptofvu says it is ok because it is just marketing.

"I, too, am one that has been able to make this system work for me." Maybe you could teach Blade how to make it work?
redsioux i like you because you made me laugh today.
thanks pal.

maxster
Originally posted by prl

quote:
Made 3 points by 10:30 today. It works.

redsioux if you were in the tsunami room today can you confirm. ty.

max

day, how do i get the originally posted by whomever in the quote using the quote button? im a dummy.

Click on the (Reply with Quote) icon and then move the cursor to the bottom of the Message (edit) window and then start typing.
You can delete any text inside the quoted area that is not relevant but leave all of the tags (the stuff inside the square brackets []) alone.
so i have to type in "originally posted by____" and also italicize it?

so dumb

max
quote:
Originally posted by max

Originally posted by prl

quote:
Made 3 points by 10:30 today. It works.

redsioux if you were in the tsunami room today can you confirm. ty.

max

Max if prl made 3 pts by 10:30 EST, it was not following blade's system.

If you are a 2 lot trader, and traded Blade's first 3 calls, you made 5 tics on the first call, 2 tics on the second, and lost 8 tics on the third call.

If you are a 1 lot trader (Blade says you have to trade only 1 lot successfully for 20 days before going to 2 lots) you made 1 tic on first trade, 2 tic on second, and lost 4 tics on his third call.

Around 11:10 EST Blade called a good sell at 35. Using his strategy, a 2 lot trader would have taken 1 pt on the first contract, and 2 pts on the second. If you trade more than 3 lots, using his proprietary stop you could still be in the trade with your third contract.

Neither he nor Johng made any other calls today.
Is blade's name John by the way? From what i ve seen, his latest scam is TsuBot, which he claims has an extremely high win rate in all markets. Watching it trade live, it's obvious that reality is much different. Interesting that he only takes into account the first profit target which is no more than eg 3 ES ticks or 5 GBP/USD pips (which is really 2 after spread which he totally ignores, but that should be expected as he has never placed a real trade himself). The corresponding stop loss is several times larger, a sure recipe for disaster. Avoid them at ALL costs no matter how tempted you feel to waste 6-7k