David Marsh Tick Trader course

Does anyone know about David Marsh? I have been strongly considering giving his method a try, but still really haven't found any independent feedback on him. I have spoken to him directly and corresponded with 3 of his students, who all thinks his method works, but of course I got the names from David Marsh. I am hoping to get some feedback from someone independent. Thanks.
Hi researcher247,

When you bought the course did you use it long enough to verify it actually gave good buy and sell signals? Were you able to make a point or more a day? It seems like a good place to start. What are you using to trade now that works? Any course that you would more highly recommend for a new futures trader? Thanks for the response.
You are very persistently annoying (not in a bad way)and I have no idea why but I feel like sharing.

His is a course that uses very fast time frames. You can literally be done trading in 10-15 minutes or sooner on some days. I can verify that. I can also verify that it uses a higher risk for a lower win ratio. Personally, I do not like that (psychologically). Thus--one could win 2 trades and the 3rd trade being a loser completely negates the wins and you start over. Also, what happens on a day when you are down several points and you have to fight your way back to breakeven? Can you?

Since you are new--I would recommend UMT by netpicks--simple 2.0 method. This is a powerful 'method' that uses a very near 2:1 reward to risk ratio--wins well over 50% of the time--uses a psychologocial tactic called 'the power of quitting' and has several different entry techniques and can be traded from tick charts up to daily charts using the exact same strategy. Psychologically, it fits me perfectly.

Solid 5 day a week training room with an excellent members site with traders around the globe for a very reasonable (for now) price. Standup vendors. An approach one could use to grow on for a newbie. Compared to ticktrader there is really no comparison, literally. http://netpicks.wordpress.com/
Researcher247, how long have you traded UMT netpicks? What kind of personal % of wins have you had with it? Are you affiliated with them beyond being a customer of their product? I am interested in this, but will have to see if I can find any more info. Do they teach you a system that you can use on trade station or other platforms without their software? Thank you for the info. Any possibility you could document some of your trades???
quote:
Originally posted by researcher247

You are very persistently annoying (not in a bad way)and I have no idea why but I feel like sharing.

His is a course that uses very fast time frames. You can literally be done trading in 10-15 minutes or sooner on some days. I can verify that. I can also verify that it uses a higher risk for a lower win ratio. Personally, I do not like that (psychologically). Thus--one could win 2 trades and the 3rd trade being a loser completely negates the wins and you start over. Also, what happens on a day when you are down several points and you have to fight your way back to breakeven? Can you?

Since you are new--I would recommend UMT by netpicks--simple 2.0 method. This is a powerful 'method' that uses a very near 2:1 reward to risk ratio--wins well over 50% of the time--uses a psychologocial tactic called 'the power of quitting' and has several different entry techniques and can be traded from tick charts up to daily charts using the exact same strategy. Psychologically, it fits me perfectly.

Solid 5 day a week training room with an excellent members site with traders around the globe for a very reasonable (for now) price. Standup vendors. An approach one could use to grow on for a newbie. Compared to ticktrader there is really no comparison, literally. http://netpicks.wordpress.com/

You did not buy this course, did you? Your verifications are not from first hand experience as a buyer, are they?

Previously, you wrote, you had no money to trade and only took free trials. What is your angle here?

quote:
Originally posted by researcher247

I have 'trialed' this room over 15 times (about 40 trading days). Trialed from as early as late '06 to as recent as May '08.

It is very very precise and super risk control.

Profitable and consistent with superior moderation by DB.

I don't have the money to trade--so that is why I didn't purchase.

Regards,

[email protected]

Stay away from David's course. It is a tick scalp system using a few indicators and you can have deep drawdowns. The guarantee is a come-on and there is nothing in writing to protect your rights. The caveat is you have to trade the system properly and it is not a mechanical system--there is a lot of discretion--so David can always say you didn't execute properly.

Now, I don't think David is dishonest. However, quite a few months back, he proudly announced he wasn't going to sell his method anymore because he didn't want to risk diluting the edge in fairness to his customers. Well, here he is again selling it.

Oh look,

It is topgun the private investigator.

Douchebag; I will make it very clear to you.

I do not have 50K to seriously daytrade methods that require multiple contracts and that would make me want to do this for a profession.

I CAN afford to buy things as a researcher though. And I work for someone that does have the money to trade as large as they would like.

Hence, I do the research; they do the trading.

Now piss off and stop assuming you know everything.

Thanks!

researcher247
We've heard some pretty tall tales here and yours definately ranks in the top tier. You are either a liar or living in a wannabee world.

You don't have $50K to trade (nice excuse; your not alone, most day traders start off with a very small base), but you have a friend of a friend who will hire you to spend your money to test vendors' products, 99% of which are worthless as any professional trader knows. You expect us to believe that? What's your benefactor's name, Daddy Warbucks? You must have strayed from ET where gullible newbees roam the threads, but that won't play here.

Consider yourself lucky you aren't daytrading--you'd blow up in a NY minute using vendor's products.
My experience is that very few mentor rooms makes money, actually I havnt seen one yet. There might be a profitable one out there, if you know one, please email me immediatly.

Mentor rooms may be used to get trading idears, there are plenty out there with a free trial.

They are all trying to get your money:

- Mentor rooms, promising you the golden grale
- Black Box trading systems, showing pictures of lux cars and houses
- 10.000 USD trading courses, useless unless you have it in you
- Crystal ball newslatters

The only one who can make you profitable is your self !
b52- The only one who can make you profitable is your self !

b52, on your comment above... Yes, The only one who can make you profitable is your self but without the correct education, guidence or for that matter a mentor, most people will have considerably less then a 5% chance of success. The reports tell us only 5% of trader starting new will become successful in this field. There is obviously a very strong reason for this. Most people starting new seem to have the idea that the only one who can make you profitable is your self.
I only wish when I first started trading that I had done my own due diligence and found an educational source that could have saved me years of my time as well as what I consider to be wasted money. There is going to be a learning curve even if one finds a reputable education source. Are there many rooms, software, etc that are a waste of money? Of course! This is why the word due diligence is used so often in this forum. IMHO, Any person who spends $10,000 on a trading course and has not done there share of research is not simply getting scammed but is not very intelligent. The same for the pictures of the luxery cars, magnificent homes and the rest. It sounds to me like you have been taken advantage of one to many times and are simply angry, which is understandable. If your goal is still to become a successful trader, make sure due diligence is a part of everything you look at and eventually you may find the right fit. IMHO
Re-read the thread.

Simple indicators and nothing new or revolutionary. Can you make money with a 2 to 1 risk: reward method? Are you man enough to avg. into losers?

Get the picture.

peace

hedvig