POC 925.50
VAL 922.00

Weekly R1: 954.50
Weekly PP: 904.00

Daily R2: 944.00
Daily R1: 935.75
Daily PP: 926.00

Highest High in last 20 trading days: 934.25

I will be watching what happens at R1 with great interest this morning ! Also watch the IB high for indications of a trend day if price is accepted above R1.

ES Daily Notes 5 Jan 2009
quote:
Originally posted by palmer

pwd what rule is that???

in market profile it is called the 80% rule but it doesn't seem to work that often
i thought it was if it trades within the value area for 30 min or longer 80% chance value area will be filled.
Hey PWD...how fast have you seen the "BIGS" flip from net long to net short? Reason I'm asking is that I'm wondering what it looks like on your chart when the rally it up like they did this morning and then roll it over....thanks
ABC off POC ?

Click image for original size
ABC off POC ?
quote:
Originally posted by bbrad63

i thought it was if it trades within the value area for 30 min or longer 80% chance value area will be filled.

That's it bbrad. This AM we have the value area from 922-930.5. We opened above value and then broke into it. We traded below the UVA of 930.5 in the B and C periods which triggered the rule to the LVA, 922. The rule stays in effect even if we break out of value which we did although we have now come back into value.

Click image for original size
No Description Entered
I thought for the 80% rule you had to start within the the VA then if you broke out a bit and came back inside it had an 80% chance of reaching the opposite VA.
quote:
Originally posted by BruceM

Hey PWD...how fast have you seen the "BIGS" flip from net long to net short? Reason I'm asking is that I'm wondering what it looks like on your chart when the rally it up like they did this morning and then roll it over....thanks

Some days they do it in a flash and other days they defend key buy or sell areas. They pushed it up to +26k but now are down to +97. small $ has been a net buyer for the last half hour but aer now starting to sell.
long @924.75 off the Triple Lindey
ROFL, mypt
Thanks PT. Very much appreciated the time and thought that you have put into the questions I asked.
I have still a lot to learn.
Regards
A