ES 03-22-2011

O/N Profile.

Click image for original size
onprofile03222011
it just seems that you are not explaining any set up or anything STEVE...it's all after the fact......we'd like to know the WHY of things so we can learn.....like why did you go short or long.....? why did you exit etc.....

We try to push people to make it a learning process for all and try to have posters NAIL down the real reasons for a trade......not just based on feelings or anything....

I want you to stay but I'd like to know specifically why you are taking the trades....we look for repeatable and tradeable ideas over time.

If anyone thinks that there stuff is too sacred or too valuable then they shouldn't post here at this thread and should start another thread for those who just want to post trades. We are looking to share trading ideas freely.......this is a general statement....

You had overnight trades that some asked about that you haven't addressed...do u plan to explain them?
Was it Monday's range or Monday + Tuesday range? Whichever, that is exactly what Paul described on the extensions. Good points MM.

Originally posted by MonkeyMeat

Bruce (or anyone else), remember Paul's Monday Fib analysis? I believe it was on RTH. If any subsequent day in the week price reaches 1.618 of Monday's range, then there was a very high probability of price then reaching further to "twice" (2.0 times) Monday's range.

Wouldn't this apply to either the upside or downside still?

1.618 extenting below Monday's range comes in at roughly 1282 with 1279 being the 2X range's target

1301 ... 1304 are what I've got as the 1.618 and 2.0 prices to the upside.

Not saying there's a lotta points there ... actually pretty anemic with such a small Monday RTH range. But perhaps that analysis could be folded in with other ideas and strategies (such as a coinciding high volume "attractor" at the target price etc.)

Correct me if I'm wrong on Paul's description of this or on my numbers anyone.
perhaps I'm missing something here Steveo but I thought things needed some further explainations...perhaps I missed some of your posts...it's been an active forum day today...and if I did miss them then I apologize

Am I off base here?
It was Mondays range......I just checked my "Paul" notes..
so nobody can step up and either back up Stevos comments or my own....?

There is no interest in straightening that out?

Wow!! I am way off on my read of what I thought the forum wanted...

Johnnie Walker Red, now he understands me.....!!!!
Bruce your not off. Past posters and braggards are a consistent problem. They dont see that the rest of us are trying to improve profitability by learning from the many good posters here. Now a guy with 2yrs experience and trying to become profitable thinks we NEED his imput.
BruceM - you're spot on. If someone is going to post entries without explanation then they should do it in the Journal part of the forum. Likewise, if they want to post after-the-fact wining trades (vanity posts) then those should also go in their own trading topic in that same forum.

This topic is to help traders share and understand multiple strategies that we are trying to develop.
Originally posted by day trading

BruceM - you're spot on. If someone is going to post entries without explanation then they should do it in the Journal part of the forum. Likewise, if they want to post after-the-fact wining trades (vanity posts) then those should also go in their own trading topic in that same forum.

This topic is to help traders share and understand multiple strategies that we are trying to develop.
fwiw, i completely agree!
Originally posted by koolblue

once again caution is the watchword! as the charts are mildly negative,but we just had nice pos. divergencies at the last low!...
Click image for original size

bingo!(within one tick... this is the important dividing line imho!... if 1283 doesnt hold then down we go, otherwise bulls still have hope here!