ES 03-22-2011

O/N Profile.

Click image for original size
onprofile03222011
Fyi ... Stevo introduced himself on 3/15 here: http://www.mypivots.com/board/topic/6523/1/new-member-stevo

(from a post on 3/17)
... Earlier comments to me were appreciated. Will respond probably next week with what I feel I have to offer to this site; maybe a little different slant and contribution; either way, no hard feelings ...

It's 3/22 and I've seen no explanatory posts, only talk of having made a trade. NOTE TO Stevo: Look at other poster's posts to get an idea of how to share analysis (similar to my prior post to you a few days ago). Otherwise, folks won't get anything from your posts or find any value in them and will ignore and vote down (as has begun already). Just trying to help with a "heads up" to ya.

Originally posted by BruceM

I hate to say this Steve but I haven't seen your explainations from the other day....so this really seems intentional.....almost as if you are trying to prove that we are a "tough" forum and looking to back up the opinion of anyone who thinks we run too tight of a ship here.....I'm not going down that path in here today
Originally posted by Stevo

My patience paid off; hit my short cover at 1288.25. Will short any significant late afternoon rallies.

sure does....thanks....

Looks like we have a new volume price to use for future use ...the 1288.75,,,no surprise as that is part on Mondays OR

bruce, i had 89 as a volume price marked down from some time ago (trying to incorporate volume analysis more into my trading lately)...and i have been borrowing these numbers from you...didn't u have one at that level before or perhaps i just dreamed it lol
Thanks MM...seems he has time to follow up on a trade that he supposedly made but has no time to give explainations to all the people who asked for them....

I'm not sure what the point is for some...?
well i guess i'll cover this short as its going nowhere and its getting very late in the day!... im happy with the 7 handles i got... good luck to any still trading and c ya soon!!!
I had 95
91.75 and then 84 - 85....

so now I have evolved the numbers based on current trade and have a 93.50 - 95 zone and I like that 88.75...

The 91.75 doesn't seem to be attracting volume spikes although price has passed through multiple times today so no longer a big key number for me

we'll see how we end...
Originally posted by apk781

sure does....thanks....

Looks like we have a new volume price to use for future use ...the 1288.75,,,no surprise as that is part on Mondays OR

bruce, i had 89 as a volume price marked down from some time ago (trying to incorporate volume analysis more into my trading lately)...and i have been borrowing these numbers from you...didn't u have one at that level before or perhaps i just dreamed it lol
Is it possible to go back and see previous days of this forum? If so could anyone tell me how to do this? When convenient, of course. Thanks.
appreciate it thanks !

I had 95
91.75 and then 84 - 85....

so now I have evolved the numbers based on current trade and have a 93.50 - 95 zone and I like that 88.75...

The 91.75 doesn't seem to be attracting volume spikes although price has passed through multiple times today so no longer a big key number for me

we'll see how we end...
Originally posted by apk781

sure does....thanks....

Lisa,

Click Home button and you can see old posts.

http://www.mypivots.com/board/forum/21/1/trading-strategies-and-setups

Thanks
Raj
Bruce (or anyone else), remember Paul's Monday Fib analysis? I believe it was on RTH. If any subsequent day in the week price reaches 1.618 of Monday's range, then there was a very high probability of price then reaching further to "twice" (2.0 times) Monday's range.

Wouldn't this apply to either the upside or downside still?

1.618 extenting below Monday's range comes in at roughly 1282 with 1279 being the 2X range's target

1301 ... 1304 are what I've got as the 1.618 and 2.0 prices to the upside.

Not saying there's a lotta points there ... actually pretty anemic with such a small Monday RTH range. But perhaps that analysis could be folded in with other ideas and strategies (such as a coinciding high volume "attractor" at the target price etc.)

Correct me if I'm wrong on Paul's description of this or on my numbers anyone.
Sorry, BruceM, but I really do not understand your comments; I usually actively day trade; I have been busy with work the past two weeks, and therefore limited to fewer trades. (I tend to agree with koolblue that the market is more likely to retest the recent lows before any significant advance to new yearly highs; I have traded accordingly by selling into strength and being PATIENT for pullbacks. This may be unconventional, but there is more than one way to skin a cat and be profitable.) I shorted 2 units earlier today at 1294.5 before going to work. I placed one cover at 1290.75.The other was for 1286. When the market bounced off 1288.25 earlier, I raised my cover on my lunch break to 1288.25, although comments were made on this post the market might rally up to 1299. I did not believe that would happen, and still have a sell order in for 1296.50. Once it did hit the 1288.25 again, I was covered and therefore my comment that my patience paid off as I stuck to my plan. (I appreciated Lorn's comments yesterday about how 'fear' during trading can be costly. That is a mistake I have made in the past and it cost me. So now I trade with more confidence and patience and I do not get chased out as quickly as in the past. That plan has been successful for me. Do we ALL have to trade the same way? Anyway, sorry for any misunderstanding. My only plan when joining this site was many days I would see you or kb say " is anybody else out there trading?" No agenda here. I can easily go back to my 'silent' trading and continue to enjoy and benefit from the great work and charting on this site, which has helped me. Thanks again. Stevo

I hate to say this Steve but I haven't seen your explainations from the other day....so this really seems intentional.....almost as if you are trying to prove that we are a "tough" forum and looking to back up the opinion of anyone who thinks we run too tight of a ship here.....I'm not going down that path in here today
Originally posted by Stevo

My patience paid off; hit my short cover at 1288.25. Will short any significant late afternoon rallies.

Originally posted by koolblue

once again caution is the watchword! as the charts are mildly negative,but we just had nice pos. divergencies at the last low!...
Click image for original size

bingo!(within one tick... this is the important dividing line imho!... if 1283 doesnt hold then down we go, otherwise bulls still have hope here!