ES 4-3-13

I'm using 1563.75 - 1564.50 as a magnet zone today. This is yesterdays VA low and also that high of last week we've been watching.

Like most days I think today will require us to be patient and wait until yesterdays highs and the current Overnight high get approached before looking for sells. In the back of my head I am thinking about the Weekly R1 at 1572 as an additional reference number today.

Below I like the low of yesterday to the VA high of Monday so 1558.75 - 1559.50 as a buy zone...keeping in mind the high volume node at 1555.50 which is also a close gap not printed yet . If we break Mondays RTH low then 49.50 - 51 is a Low volume support zone.

15 points of Range this week so if we take half of that and add it to the highs we get up to 1575...a key rat number ! so the 1572 - 1575 becomes a very interesting area for me with the Weekly R1 up there too. You can also subtract that half range from Mondays lows to look for more confluence into the 1546.50 level.

If we open in Value then we can take yesterdays range and project that to come up with more confluence...again that 1572 - 1575 might be in play.

1546.50 ( Market profile numbers from previous days)and 1541.75 are key spots but won't say much about those right now.

Reports at 10 a.m to be aware of today so don't get caught in front of those unless u have runners and don't mind gambling on them.

Hope it's a profitable day for all and they play fair today !
a double low on 30 minute shows no good sign of excess..ideally we'd like to see buying tails on lows to show somebody wants to get long fairly quickly..this bar has potential but so did the bar that closed at 10:30
this 30 minute bar had higher volume then the last and a closed only slightly lower than the open...we can't put too much faith in anything as faders on a trend day but we can look for clues
revising target to 54.50 form 55..that is high of last bar and don't want to be tortured...no real reason to be convinced that we caught a good low yet
in the past trend days would crush me but no more..here is a brief summary of some of the ideas I was rambling about...I think the important ones are to watch the VA's from previous days and line it up with LVN as per volume profile.

Also the dreaded NR4 - do a google or search the site if u don't know it...and of course the multiple single prints concept...when that 90 minute low broke and we hit into the VA low of Monday then it was ripe for a retest back up because too many single prints were above..

It didn't go far but often we don't get the runners to go...wasn't a profitable day for me so far but wasn't a big loser by any means and all trades had sound logic behind them...they just didn't work so we move forward..

here is a basic video summary - look at where previous VA highs and lows are and previous POC's and vpoc.s..how the switch roles is awesome..for example..current Vpoc is at Mondays VA high of 38.25...just one of many cool things...current POC is at Mondays VA low and that is nopw my current target if I can get the long off again..ok..gotta get to work again
No video below? Try this link: summary.swf

looking for longs again at 49.50 at 1548 which is twice the IB...this is also lower edge of that Low volume zone shown on the video ..the 48 is the better area but will hunt down here
1548.50 is the VA low of last week..it is worth taking the trade down at this lower edge with twice the IB nearby
50.75 would need to be your target as it is upper edge and yet another set of POTENTIAL single prints
poc from last month is 48.75...let the battle begin...I am prepared for battle now !!
my current trade..not claiming to be the greatest so it's always important to see how and why we lose money..not sure if this one will work but will try 2- 3 times and then shut it down for today ..that 46.50 looms below us now on a failure here
No video below? Try this link: curent.swf

had second try at 46.75 and took 49 even....that was 2.5 off the low..4 points off the low will almost fill in that single print...hoping to get that target next
took one more off at 50 print and then just got stopped at 48.75 on runners..it was a good fade but sellers have stronger plans than me

will watch the 2 x Ib level close but probably will not trade anymore today...a good end to a trying day
Hey that's a great gesture Apk but your words of appreciation are more than enough. Thanks for offering me that though ! It means a lot !