ES 10-09-08

buying @ 998.5

stop 994.5

i think it goes to 1010 - 1015 and back to the lows.
seems like nobody wants to buy this gap up.....that makes cents........market has been selling off so would YOU want to chase a market higher that has been in a downtrend? Not me!!
I am out flat and short at 993.
got 88.75 ..trying for 81 on last one..or else 94.50 will take it out
the character of the market is different so from yesterday. Big $ was a buyer yesterday and small $ was a seller. Right now for the pit session bigs are -12600 net contracts and small $ is +8500 net contracts
still holding short from 1006 area

missed the 81.25 fill....stopped out at 82.75......flat now
nice one..that was/is a cool zone
quote:
Originally posted by Akola

still holding short from 1006 area

Bailed at 877 +6
How often on average do these shift ? In other words will the big players shift to net long very often during the day while the small get more short?
quote:
Originally posted by prestwickdrive

the character of the market is different so from yesterday. Big $ was a buyer yesterday and small $ was a seller. Right now for the pit session bigs are -12600 net contracts and small $ is +8500 net contracts

Shorted on the low 980.5
quote:
Originally posted by koolblue

YEAH, Joe .. as i said i did! But i was sure it could be mastered and after using every system known at the time , i decided to be my own 'expert' and develop my own thing! been fine ever since!

Well said, You can hear it a million times but its whats needed...a system. I am counter trend trader most of the time so its a given that you'll draw down a fairly large amount at times. But my draw downs are smaller than my winners, and once losses occur I go smaller on contract size and then add back to it when things go back to normal. I don't need a new system I just wish I knew how to flip the counter trend trader off and turn on the trend trader in an instant.