Price bar overlap

I'm planning to explain this more soon but this is a start. Notice how we have what I call an "air pocket" in between the high of the first green bar from the left and the low of the last green bar on the right.

These are 5 minute bars and I will include the context chart

This thread will attempt to expand on the concept of "mini singles" that we have covered before from the one minute chart. I have snapped a horizontal line to represent this "Pocket"
Click image for original size
ch1001
I was expecting acceleration below the key 50 number and also hoping the triple support would have brought in more sellers...it didn't happen...but that was the reasoning for a selloff...somebody had other plans
Originally posted by PAUL9

I'd stick a chart in if I knew How.

Here's a topic on Screen Capture Software which should help you save your charts to disk.

The when you're posting you'll see two green bars just above the "Post New Reply" button. Click the one that says Upload and select your chart and upload it.
here is another key for me Paul...found in Bruce's probabilities thread.....a terrible thread name and if I could find Joe I'd ask him to change it..

http://www.mypivots.com/Board/Topic/4558/1/bruces-probabilities

This helps keep it in context and additional targets when our runners get lucky..
thank you very much. I will be reviewing your posts.

I like your short-term views and observation about 20% trend therefore, counter plays.

difficult time for me to post near open
Thanks, BruseM, will read through posted forum link, did look at first page and noticed mention of Pivot.

here's a quicky (I have no time right now), only because I happened to have done an historical study on days of no pp tag from above (L yest was greater than PP yest)

if AH up, expect resistance at R1 (for today R1 based on RTH only is 1158.75. target within 3 ticks of PP (PP=1152.00 today)

also, based on over 10 years of continuous contract data, trade days following No PP tag from above have 72% chance of having a range (RTH H - L) LESS THAN 5 day moving average of range, 5 day moving average of RTH range is 10 points

I don't have crap like this everyday, but after I saw the linked comment and Pivot Points were mentioned, I was able to find the study I did.

study was irrespective of whether trade day was during week of quaterly expirations.
Originally posted by BruceM

here is another key for me Paul...found in Bruce's probabilities thread.....a terrible thread name and if I could find Joe I'd ask him to change it..

This helps keep it in context and additional targets when our runners get lucky..

What do you want it changed to?
real frustration today as opening did not confirm tendency for quick retracement after no PP tag

1st 5 minute bar was trend buy, if it had been trend sell (close near Low) would have been better for retracement expectations.

1st 5m against bias,
wait til OR15 min completes.
break out of 15OR target .618 extension of OR15,
small potatoes as Xup target was 1161.14.

heap big resistance now at Weekly R2 1163, daily R2 62.25
BruceM,
when you get a chance. ES just had a parabolic intraday move up near 1:30 ET, it created air. Is there some sort of pattern that you look for to put on a counter trade (a sell in this case), I also see that there were TRIPS (Lows) AT 61.75, is that target?

I have to found time to read all the different links.
I'll get to this tonight Paul
How about ES Trading Probabilities ? I was hoping that others would contribute to the thread and having my name on it may hold some back from contributing
Originally posted by day trading

Originally posted by BruceM

What do you want it changed to?
Originally posted by PAUL9

BruceM,
Are you a head honcho?

Have to guess You are a head honcho.

I Need to find instructions for starting a thread.

I sifted through FAQ and found nothing. can you direct?

I sent you a PM with more info but basically it says click the "New Topic" link at the top of this page to create a new "thread". It's a bit confusing as threads are called topics on this forum.