ES Key numbers for 3-14-11

Here are the key numbers from Fridays trade and a chart with the volume showing why they are key. On your own charts you can compare where your high volume is with price.

1288 - 1289
Click image for original size
frivolume

The upper zone not shown on the chart is up near 1308 just in case we rally in the O/N session on Sunday
settled for 87 here, had not seen the big volume spike in this area, so might be tough to get through that area...still a decent trade
so the smart volume players will be using them for a bias on trades...the folks who are taking shorts off the 87 - 88 would ultimately want that volume to be rejected quickly and then try for the 84 retest....if you got long near the 84 tests then you would want to monitor the 87 - 88 area carefully and if you were trying to hold then you'd be going for the volume at 91.50..

I beleive this is where knowledge of Market internals and those who have deciphered Market Delta can really get an edge...

I don't want to imply anything more here than that volume becomes attractors......
nice trade
Originally posted by apk781

settled for 87 here, had not seen the big volume spike in this area, so might be tough to get through that area...still a decent trade
sold short at 1289.00 on that last (of 3) tests of 89.25

market seems to becoming congested in a tight range at the VWAP

low volume node at 89.75... rinse and repeat... lol
Originally posted by pt_emini

sold short at 1289.00 on that last (of 3) tests of 89.25

I am back to flat at 87.00 for a couple more, having a good day trading
well done PT..
Click image for original size
triples at 85.25 FWIW...interesting spot for those...
INDU just hit 12,000
once again volume enters at 91.50.....and fizzled out above....interesting where ES 4pm close is...91.50.......so we have a t least one good number going forward.
at least thats what seasonals hint at