ES Key numbers for 3-14-11

Here are the key numbers from Fridays trade and a chart with the volume showing why they are key. On your own charts you can compare where your high volume is with price.

1288 - 1289
Click image for original size
frivolume

The upper zone not shown on the chart is up near 1308 just in case we rally in the O/N session on Sunday
Originally posted by pt_emini

Low volume node at 1289.00 on the IB break

1289.00 volume has been filled back in on this bounce off Kool's 87.00 level
that was a nice air pocket they made for us.....I DIDN'T get long but used the 5 minute close as my final exit down at 87.50 as we know air pockets fill in quite often....sure wish I was better at stopping and reversing though
tiniest initial move i can find on the one min is 1286.75-1289.00, so ill take oine off at 1290.00 and hold the runner for closer to 1296 (move gives 1290.25 and 1292.50)
im tellin ya boys.. ya gotta look for the low today and buy for that bounce into the strong seasonals tues and wed!... imho!... one off at 1290...plus 2.75..ugh still down 2.25 on the day
Originally posted by BruceM

that was a nice air pocket they made for us.....I DIDN'T get long but used the 5 minute close as my final exit down at 87.50 as we know air pockets fill in quite often....sure wish I was better at stopping and reversing though

Excellent exit Bruce !
PT you mentioned a good point with the IB....trying to buy an IB low break when we have opened inside the previous days range, have trade on both sides of the open print of today and haven't taken out the previous days low is a good trade...
we had 26K volume on that big volume bar from Friday at the 88 - 89 zone....ofetn times when you see volume that is much less than that on drives sway from those areas then they come back to it multiple times...so expecting multiple tests of 88 - 89 is a good idea....UNLESS U SEE A VOLUME BAR BIGGER THAN 26 K on the down move
Good point ,Bruce ..i voted that last post up!
well i wimped out on my runner at 1288.00...plus .75 there and still down on the day ,looking to re buy again!...
Originally posted by koolblue

well i wimped out on my runner at 1288.00...plus .75 there and still down on the day ,looking to re buy again!...
1283.25 looks do able but a retest of 1278 is certainly not out of reach!....
at least thats what seasonals hint at