Why Nobody gets it I don't know!!

Maybe I should be the US economic adviser with my rule!

This was my post on March 28, 2008, nearly 6 months ago, THE DOW WAS 12,400.

Here is what I said on March 28, 2008.

March 28, 2008 POST:

Under charts section daytrading has a wonderful chart showing 10 year history on Dow.

Lets use rough measures..high 14100 + 7,300 low/2=10,700.

Simple rule. 5% variance either side makes you watch.

Lets see what happens in the next x months.

UPDATE: September 18, 2008 the Dow makes a low at 10468!!!

$$$$$ easy with some out of the money put options way out of the money back then...but nobody did it. Add in S&P 500, Russell 200, Nasdaq, citi, gold, oil etc. Lots of $$$$$ to be made while sitting at bar or at the beach.

See what I said about oil, gold, US dollar all about 8-10 months ago....ALL CORRECT !!

$ HUNDREDS of thousands to be made....real cheap, but YOU HAVE TO CONTROL YOUR MIND!!! Oh yeah nobody did it, except me.

See my previous posts and see how correct I am.

977/965 Should be the down side S&P targets with a catastrophic 883 on the S&P futures and close on the index.

1097 and 965 on either side......

BUT 1177 was the main downside and 10725 was on the Dow. Dow catastrophic.....well I told you enough.

If people took my advice....you on easy street. All told 6-10 months ago.

If 1136 and 10468 were the lows( for now ) then I know where the HIGHS will be.

Its real easy...but you don't believe it cuz

YOU WATCHING TOO MUCH STUPID NEWS!!!

Too bad all the investors were "Dazed and Confused" for too long. They all born under the "Bad Sign' of listening to gurus, xperts and fools and NOT trusting their CHARTS.

There are 'Knee Deep" in **** even though 'Ants in my pants told me to dance' and get the hell out of my investments I though the government and wall street was my friend so I was "One Nation Under a Groove" getting down for the F**k of it"

Now, I'm listening to some 'Hillside Blues' cuz I'm a "Maggot Brain" and in a "Purple Haze" and I don't know How I'm going to survive.

Well let me put on the "Flashlight" and tell you the secret!!!

Its not being 'Dumb all Over" and ugly on the investment side. Trust in your charts and gut and the 50% rule.......it always works.

Ok "Good night Austin texas wherever you are" Don't be a MUFFIN Man.

Get up of that thang and feel better

"Free your mind and you ass and brain will follow."

Good luck and just do the 50%.

Be 'Unchained" and you will feel the ground and charts running to your tune.

Viva.

P/Funk what you been doing???

I've been 'Standing on the Verge" of getting it on in the markets.

Now it really is your turn.

pips 2007

I like your 50% rule and here is what I can gather from previous posts

I'm feeling generous.....only this time. On a 60 or 240 or? min bar you can get pressure on price...when it has to happen, when price is going to move rapidly up or down. You need to use 62% and 162%. How you do it...sorry can't tell.

On price and time..and I like 50%...How many pts did YM, ES and ER drop...to reach the 50 % level...well its below 50%?..many hundreds....collectively check it out probably close to 1,000 pts if not more ( YM + ES + ER) all in a span of close to 2 months....now see how easy it is.....

Since most can't get it..

Take hi and low over 52 weeks divide by 2 =50% rule..give a price. Drops happen much faster than going up in price.

Now it is going to happen the 50% drop when nobody knows...so you know price...time is the other variable..happens every year. Price was in the high area for so long...had not made the 50% drop after the FEb 07 drop ( that was the first 50% drop)....so I knew it was coming...when nobody knows....

Now you look at the chart to find a formation...monthly/weekly give you 1-2-3.. and then there are other formations...1-2-3 simple. That is how I knew all the indicies were going down..macro..this confirmed time with price...daytrading is micro.. so they will be some pop up...along with with dates( the 2 people that know time) and weekly price targets...the price oscillates but macro trend is down.

50% level is hit ( price and time) is first target.

Now for daytrading purposes....more micro level...you use high prices or low prices. There are high prices and low prices in time. Everday, I either go short or long...thats it..I know within the first bar..if a price is defeated...or not..what is going to happen. Because the price confirms the direction to me. There is also a time when above this is bullish and below this is bearish...which will deteremine if sideways or not.

Mkt will go up, down or sideways every day...however even if goes sideways...you are going to get 6 pts and most of the time 10....sideway days you will not likely get 20 pts...as price will reverse on the trend.

Its that simple.

I guess the point is when a mkt makes a swing hi or low....keep watching and the next day if it comes up to test the high or below to test the low...and does not break it....then in all likelihood within the next 2-4 trading days it will go down 15-25 pts.....as we saw this week on ES and Er down a lot. It seems this no indicator and low stress...Simple...simple system ( a la Warren Buffet...keep it simple) seems to work.

.....every daytrading trade has 50% probability...but at the highs and lows....the probability to succeed....changes from 50% to 90-97% success...well you make be down $100-300 initially 1 lot from entry so 3% risk...only God can be right 100%.

ZZZZ..again ....again.told you so....6/10/20..well actually the last one ..is still running..wait till close or 30 pts...1366...1336 is a harmonic number( time).

Jan 29...over 40 pts...6/10/20 up and down...Jan 28 6/10/13...

its all there in the market..the pts are all there...YOU only have to collect them...

BTW...50% rule...safest rule...

1387.50 + 1331.50/2=1359.50...there it is....lets see

1336-1359.50= 23.50 pts. 50% target..proof is all there.

Works especially good at certain time(s)every week.

we at 1381.50...maybe we get to 1389...I don't care...happy with 1366.

EST 10:10 above bullish,,,,below bearish....go check the mkt Jan 31, 29, 28...2 of those days...mkt way above 10:10....TIME....and how many pts did it give...this alone is worth tens of thousands of dollars...see how I get my 6/10/20/30 or what ever pts a day.........

Add and subtract...THATS ALL YOU NEED....Charts..look at them...like you makn love...you'll get it...after 5,000 hours...like I did

Did I miss anything?

I have been doing a little Trade the Open High Low ABC myself good for a Handle of 2 every single time.

What I dont get is why go for 20 or 30 when you only need 1 or 2.... Just increase the number of contracts. I much prefer 1 point guareenteed than 10 - 20 or 30 on the run.

thanks for your insights
they have served me well

regards

The Profit Hound
To

The Profit Hound. Glad you gleaned some.

But like Buffet its a game to me...so I like to see how correct I am every day.

When you are confident of where the market is going as you see it happening day in and day out, you don't get scared and out for 1 point. You go for the big picture. Yeah I'm running many more lots now on ES, YM and ER.

Good luck to you and remember the 50% and day trading 10/10 will take you to the bank.....fistful of dollars.

NO book to buy or course to sign up nor newsletter or webinar. Easy rules and make a ton of dough.

Wow, you guys are great. Can I get your autograph?
Hey pips
I got the 50% and have also been using it with options for some time now but whats the 10/10? for day trading or is it just trade the opening "V" for victory!
Also I like trading the News especially when they have it totally wrong! Where there is Kaos there is Opportunity!

Best regards

the Hound
Hey Pips
Just got the 10/10
Just had one of those Ah hah moments
Looking good champ thanks for the heads up
if you want a course written in the 1900's for posterity or toilet reading what ever has your fancy... but worth a view anyway. Shame ol W D G was soooooo close but sooooo far.
might wiz this up to auto trade, only feel fair to give you a copy since you did the hard yards ... let me know only to happy to repay the favour...

regards

the Hound

P.S. Multi time frame confirms what you say is correct
Pips can you tell us all what the 10/10 daytrading rule is?
Thanks
I must have spent 4 hours trying to read pips posts and figuring out what he means. I'm pretty dense so maybe others understood it quicker.

Pips, is the 10/10 rule just 10:10am eastern standard time? And which high/lows do you use to get the 50% rule? That days, the 52 weeks? Sorry, just trying to figure it out.

thanks,
MC
No offense to anyone with this comment but it seems that certain posts just simply cannot be understood at times by others. I often wonder if it is a "language barrier" that doesn't translate well into typing.

I get the 50% rule...here is a link to a book for those who want to do further research

Trading Rule That Can Make You Rich: Precision Bid Commodity Trading

What bothers me in general is when people come back later on to tell us how great they did.....

What would have happened if we didn't retrace ? Would we have seen a post telling us " Hey sorry, but I was just wrong"....we went up instead of a 50% retrace this time.....

This applies to other areas to...I recently got someone pissed at me because I was asking them to clarify their specific market call......they were calling for a top over and over....it finally came and then the poster comes back with a "hey, there is that 1140 I mentioned weeks ago"..but they never addressed that they also said they were expecting a pop up from the 1220 area,,,,,and of course they never accounted for the rally off the lows up top the 1287 number.....

When you are not trading with real cash you can make all the "calls" you want and not follow up until later......this isn't the real world and folks who really want to improve they're trading should get more realistic......

Lots of great after the fact analysis goes on here and other forums..lots of really good calls are being posted too.....

Ok, I have a high temperature so I can get even more dillusional tonight...

What is the specific direction here with this current post ?......if we are going long then where is the stop and target.....if this is just to demonstrate the 50% rule then we get it....lets not mix this up with an actual trade

And what in heavens name is that GURU thread about.....? Am I losing my freakin mind...?

It's like a giant riddle to me...

Bruce
I had run into an article about a 10-day trading system that you could find at the link below. Not sure if that's what pips2007 and profithound were referring to.

http://www.tigersharktrading.com/articles/6366/1/A-10-Day-Trading-System/Page1.html
I agree Bruce, admitting your wrong is healthy in the longer term picture. I have blown my account more times than I would like to admit, but I learn more form the losers. Like the other day I was sure the market was tanking and I went short I had 9,000 in profit lost it all in the buffet bail-out LOL like 5 billion is a drop in the bucket, the markets can rip through that by 9:36, then I went long got burned again. I hope you weren't talking about me with after the fact analysis, I monitor the market until I get my trade on and stops and targets then I can relax. but the things I look at are consistent set-ups that I use every day, and I don't change them unless they fail to work. My intension's are not to make calls and get pats on the back but to gain some trading friends, as this type of work can get lonely at times, I even considering getting an office and teach some to trade and funding them, but I think thats more work than I would like to take on....
Its very simple.

The 50% rule always works...ALWAYS...in any market. Most people busy with 1 and 2 pts day trading to figure it out.

If you knew that that the highs were made in Feb 2007 with a retest, always a retest and that happened in october 2007 then you knew that it was going down...if you know cycles and some other stuff.

Then you know the 50% rule is going to happen. You just don't know when, nobody knows, but you know its going to happen unless the high is taken out ( 1586), but you have an idea that it should happen within 1-2 years as the last 50% drop from 2000 happened the same way.

Maybe I should write a pamphlet put some other BS to warrant a price...nay busy making money trading.

It's quite simple. And I was not wrong. Check my posts on 50% on Oil, US dollar, Shangai Index, US index, CAD etc. all true.

This happened in Corn, Wheat, Beans, oil, gold, silver, RBOB, Nat gas, heating oil, OJ,CME,Russ, Nasdaq, Dow, TSE, RIMM, Citigroup, Merrill Potash, AGrium, BAC,Lehman,Bear on and on....there are probably 50,100 or 200 more examples, but I don't follow all the thousands of stocks. But most people don't want simple.

So, It's not that I'm boasting....the trend has been down since October 2007 and If you heeded any of my posts you would have made a ton of money.

Now if all you do is Day trade the emini S&P 500 then sure it popped up, retracements are natural but it did not take out 1586, or 1441 down to 1136 and 50% was 1177. As a matter of fact, if you know chart patterns you could see the rounded top happening on a daily, especially when 1320 was not reached 4 times over.

Pretty simple...whats the fuss.

Making money is simple if you see the bigger picture.

If all you do is daytrade then you can't see the big picture and way the easy money and lots of it is to be made.

For daytrading: 10/10 is 10:00 am and 10:10 am EST. SEE HOW IT WORKED BEAUTIFULLY IN MORN AND AFT ESPECIALLY on Sept 26 FOR THE RUN UP FROM 1198 TO 1221.........This time tells you a lot if you know how to use it. FREE tip of course. NO FEE or books or course or Paypal charge. Maybe $29.99 monthly and I'll call it 10/10/10.

NO FIBS to look at just TIME. Time is a beautiful thing. They are better numbers than Fibs for daytrading, but all you really need is the 50% in the grand scheme of things.

Simple but effective.......

See how many tens of thousands you could have made buying a 50% put option in corn, beans, oil,silver, gold, wheat, etc. from the highs or your favorite stocks etc.

Good luck