The Trading Zoo

I've started this topic because I am under the impression that ahk works with The Trading Zoo and he is active on this forum and may be able to provide information and comments about this service.

I believe that it will be constructive to have a topic/thread dedicated to The Trading Zoo so that the merits of this service can be discussed in isolation to the other topics which have collectively dealt with several trading services in the same topic including The Trading Zoo.
quote:
Originally posted by day trading

Is the type of trade (position or scalp) called out at the time the entry limit is announced? I assume that the entries were on limit orders entered ahead of the price being hit?

Position trades are called out at an entry limit in advance. That limit is subject to change depending on the price action as it is approached.

Scalps are an entirely different animal (no pun intended). They are "called" with no advanced notice based on a proprietary indicator (the zoo's only indicator) that fires off in realtime. Scalps are only targeted for 2 tick profit.
How do members access the Zoo's scalp indicator? Is it provided to members on their charting platform?
quote:

How do members access the Zoo's scalp indicator? Is it provided to members on their charting platform?

The scalp indicator is very new and is still in beta development I understand. As a result, it is only on the guru's desktop which is projected to all members. Scalps trades, nonetheless, are called out by the guru but not always "taken." Obviously, if we're in a position trade, scalps are ignored.

At some point the indicator may be available to each of our individual esignal platforms. Also in early development, is an auto-trade feature with Ninja/Zenfire which would be very helpful in taking what is a very fast and entry critical trade.
With a 2 tick target the stop must be pretty tight. Is the stop also two ticks?
quote:

With a 2 tick target the stop must be pretty tight. Is the stop also two ticks?

quote:

Yes - I am not in the room so I can't see.

That can be arranged.
quote:
Originally posted by ahk

quote:

Yes - I am not in the room so I can't see.

That can be arranged.

I don't have the time at the moment but thanks for the offer.
By the way, who is the guru (I assume also owner) of the Trading Zoo? Has his/her name already been mentioned and I missed it?
quote:

By the way, who is the guru (I assume also owner) of the Trading Zoo? Has his/her name already been mentioned and I missed it?

Check with BruceM.

Good night all and have a terrific trading day tomorrow.
quote:
Originally posted by ahk

quote:
Originally posted by max

official calls made and taken by the guru. 4 lot es contracts per position.

3/08/07
trade #1
s (4) 1419.75
b (2) 1418.75
b (1) 1417.75
b (1) 1416.75

trade #2
s (4) 1417.50
b (2) 1416.50
b (1) 1415.50
b (1) 1414.50

I know this sounds self-serving, but there needs a post script to this illustration. The Zoo guru trades 32, not 4 contracts, for his position trades and 10 for scalps. Both official trades taken today were position trades so the performance if you will is understated. It would get further distorted if a position trade was scaled out at 5-10 points (which was not the case today). So in one respect there is no damage AND one is not looking at the net number of points gained but simply the amount per contract.

Perhaps Max can clarify why he calulated 4 for the Zoo.

ahk youre right and im wrong. I used 4 contracts because that is the most used by blue in his platinum setup and i thought it made sense to do an apples to apples comparison. but it can hurt the zoo performance so im going to adjust yesterdays numbers to allow for the possible long run scale out to 10 points by using 8 contacts instead of 4. as you said most people in the room are trading larger positions. zoo money management tells you to sell 1/2 position at 1 point profit, sell 1/8 position at 2 point profit and move stop to entry, sell 1/8 position at 3 point profit, sell 1/8 position at 5 point profit and sell last 1/8 at 10 point profit assuming you dont get stopped along the way.

so the revised numbers for 1/08/07 are
trade #1
s (8) 1419.75
b (4) 1418.75
b (1) 1417.75
b (1) 1416.75
b (2) 1419.75

trade #2
s (8) 1417.50
b (4) 1416.50
b (1) 1415.50
b (1) 1414.50
b (2) 1417.50

let me know if i got it right this time.

For what it's worth, I was an original Trading Zoo student. Sam Baum's system was dangerous, all counter-trend with short profit targets with larger invisible stops.

A few of us students started out own Skype room to ignore the teacher's setups but rather take in his priceless information regarding the e-mini, which alone was worth the $6,000 as I gained a true understanding of how to read and trade ANY liquid market. I think one of the traders using our new modified trend setups with trailing stops actually sent someone his trading statements to someone on another forum years ago which shut the naysayer up quick.

Anyways, Trading Zoo is back but run by some of the traders who have been successful for over the past 6 years using our modified system.
I want to personally promote this because of all the original TradingZoo did for me.