The Trading Zoo

I've started this topic because I am under the impression that ahk works with The Trading Zoo and he is active on this forum and may be able to provide information and comments about this service.

I believe that it will be constructive to have a topic/thread dedicated to The Trading Zoo so that the merits of this service can be discussed in isolation to the other topics which have collectively dealt with several trading services in the same topic including The Trading Zoo.
quote:
Originally posted by elite trader

Sure - go ahead and post it. That is why I asked the question.

the roach is a new thing at the zoo. it was released 3 weeks ago. it is a scalping indicator for a quick 2 or 3 ticks but it also ssems to be fairly reliable in forecasting the very short term trend under 5 minutes.

the website is unchanged from inception. the guru has been too busy or lazy to delete the scalp lingo hence the contradiction. i think the roach is a tough trade in and of itself but excellent as a trend indicator. notice in the trade log the roach was taken twice 1 winner, 1 loser. but i observed that if the stop was 1.25 ticks instead of 3 the trade would have worked for at least a point. is that helpful?
That is helpful - thanks max. I have more questions about his radical change of opinion about scalping but that is a question for the guru and not for you. I am interested to know how he discovered that scalping is viable after being so dismissive about it before. I have seen this happen to other traders who are adamant that a certain concept will not work and then someone demonstrates it working to them and they change their minds. This is probably what happened here.
quote:
Originally posted by elite trader

ahk: There is only one logical conclusion that a person can deduct from your inability to answer this question and that is that you did not take those trades at the beginning on this year as you stated that you did. Am I being unreasonable or illogical in drawing this conclusion?

In another thread day trading draws your attention to the CFTC rulings and what is expected from a vendor. So far you have not answered that thread either. It even looks like day trading was offering to protect you by changing your postings.

My opinions of support (which I have not always expressed) had been on your side for a while but it seems that Bruce was right all along. I am very surprised because you were credible for a while.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by day trading

Aaron, did you take those trades that you said that you did or were they simulated/hypothetical trades?

The reason that I ask this is to protect you. This does not apply to Bruce because he has no financial gain from the trades that he claims to have made. If a trader were to see those trades that you posted and believed that you really did take them and that was part of his reason for buying into the Trading Zoo and you did not really take them then you may get into trouble with the CFTC.

The general theme behind the CFTC rulings is: "Many of the respondents falsely claimed that performance results were based on real trading, when, in fact, the results were based on hypothetical trading."

Here are a few examples of the CFTC rulings:

Swannell Sold His Elliott Wave Analyzer Software
...That consent order required Swannell to refrain from presenting hypothetical trading results without warning of the inherent limitations of hypothetical trading, and to clearly identify when trading results were based wholly or partially on simulated or hypothetical trading...

Gramalegui Made False Claims that his Mother Profitably Traded with his System
...failing to disclose that the so-called trading results presented in his advertisements were based on hypothetical, rather than actual, trading...

CFTC Finds that Ten Internet Promoters of Trading Systems and Advisory Services Engaged in Fraud
...Many of the respondents falsely claimed that performance results were based on real trading, when, in fact, the results were based on hypothetical trading...

So what I am saying is that you are in a different position to Bruce because of the beneficial financial nature that you have with posting trades and the claims that you make about them.

If you took the trades as stated then there is nothing to worry about. If not then let me know and I will edit those posts and mark them as hypothetical.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dt,

I sincerely appreciate you looking out for my back, but I think your focus is misdirected. That is to say, I believe you should think about the best interests of your other readers who not experienced and perhaps prone to impulsive urges.

Frankly, I think you're insulting their collective and individual intelligence. I would find it almost impossible to believe that anyone would spend $5000 to join an educational trading advisory based on one trade of a single man posted on this forum regardless if that trade is real or hypothetical. The thought is ludicrous beyond belief. But you know your clientele better than I do and if there is any chance of anyone who reads this forum foolish enough to think about doing that, then I believe it makes sense to warn them here and now, for the record, not to. I continue to recommend all people interested in The Trading Zoo to take advantage of a free one week trial. That should be part of each persons due diligence analysis. The disclaimer on the Website, which must be accepted by the visitor before taking that trial is as follows:

"By accessing The TradingZoo chat room, you have read, understood and agree to be bound by the terms of the following disclaimer:

Day trading is considered a high-risk speculative trading strategy. Only risk capital should be used and the rigid observation of a system for loss control is strongly recommended. Additionally, the use of margin may dramatically increase the risks associated with trading. Tradingzoo.com makes no claims whatsoever regarding past or future performance and past results are no indication of future performance. Any trade alert is for educational purposes only.

Be aware that it is a fact that well over 90% of all who try active trading, fail! Some say actual statistics indicate a failure rate as high as 97%. Day Trading is not suitable for everyone. You trade at your own risk. Day Trading involves considerable risk and could result in significant losses. The users of the information contained on this site do so under their own due diligence when it comes to making trading decisions.

Stock, Futures, and Options Trading is high risk and you can lose a great deal of money, maybe all, in the process. You agree and understand the risks involved and have made your own assessment of your personal risk tolerances. You agree to not hold Tradingzoo.com and/or anyone affiliated with this site liable for any losses that may result from the information provided. By submitting your membership form, you agree and fully understand that this site and its contents are not meant and were not developed to be viewed as trading advice or recommendations but for educational purposes only. You agree by viewing the contents of this site that you do so at your own discretion and that you will not hold accountable anyone affiliated with this site or Tradingzoo.com for any losses or interpretations you may have. TradingZoo.com reserve the right to deny service to anyone."

I submit that disclaimer apply to everything one reads on this forum posted by me with respect to The Trading Zoo.

Thanks again dt and have a terrific trading week.
ahk: No offense but the disclaimer doesn't help you as I mentioned in the other thread. I won't go into this in any more detail because I'm not a lawyer and I'm guessing that you aren't either. If any member of the board is reading this and knows the law perhaps they can jump in here and enlighten us.

My understanding is that if you represent something that is false as true while in the process of selling it then you cannot use a blanket disclaimer to cover that. Anybody know if I am completely off base here?
Is this really on the Zoo's website...? Say it isn't so.......You folks are killing me....lol ..How is this a fact? What source ? Wouldn't you use some "actual statistics" to substantiate this "Fact"... ? I've gotta go to their website to read this myself......How is "active trading" defined? This pile gets deeper everyday....
quote:
Originally posted by ahk

Be aware that it is a fact that well over 90% of all who try active trading, fail! Some say actual statistics indicate a failure rate as high as 97%.
quote:

ahk: No offense but the disclaimer doesn't help you as I mentioned in the other thread. I won't go into this in any more detail because I'm not a lawyer and I'm guessing that you aren't either. If any member of the board is reading this and knows the law perhaps they can jump in here and enlighten us.

My understanding is that if you represent something that is false as true while in the process of selling it then you cannot use a blanket disclaimer to cover that. Anybody know if I am completely off base here?

As far as I'm concerned, the discussion is over, but suite yourself if you care to persue it.
There is nothing to pursue. I was just trying to help you.
quote:
Originally posted by BruceM

Is this really on the Zoo's website...? Say it isn't so.......You folks are killing me....lol ..How is this a fact? What source ? Wouldn't you use some "actual statistics" to substantiate this "Fact"... ? I've gotta go to their website to read this myself......How is "active trading" defined? This pile gets deeper everyday....
quote:
Originally posted by ahk

Be aware that it is a fact that well over 90% of all who try active trading, fail! Some say actual statistics indicate a failure rate as high as 97%.

You're a part of that 90+% remember.

Has your wife filed for divorce yet. She should knock some sense into your head. Keep crying the blues and good work in pissing max off. Pretty soon the only person left in this forum will be you.
quote:

There is nothing to pursue. I was just trying to help you.

Thanks again. I appreciate the thought, but don't worry.
Nice answer......good statistical information...lol....should we have expected anything else...I have been brazen enough to ask Max a few probing questions......after all he is on a mission to shorten his learning curve and I am curious as to how HE is going about it....The process he is going through should help others but I beleive it would be unwise of him to stop at just two vendors if that is his plan..

Does Max or the forum really need you to remind me on this thread that he may be pissed at me from another tread?
You are trouble maker...and you will be pleased to know that I have asked him even more questions in his thread....but I'm sure you will be really pleased if people come on here and say " Hey BruceM, give Max a break...don't ask questions to satisfy your curiosity" well perhaps my most recent post will do just that on that thread...

Bruce
quote:
Originally posted by ahk

You're a part of that 90+% remember.

Has your wife filed for divorce yet. She should knock some sense into your head. Keep crying the blues and good work in pissing max off. Pretty soon the only person left in this forum will be you.
For what it's worth, I was an original Trading Zoo student. Sam Baum's system was dangerous, all counter-trend with short profit targets with larger invisible stops.

A few of us students started out own Skype room to ignore the teacher's setups but rather take in his priceless information regarding the e-mini, which alone was worth the $6,000 as I gained a true understanding of how to read and trade ANY liquid market. I think one of the traders using our new modified trend setups with trailing stops actually sent someone his trading statements to someone on another forum years ago which shut the naysayer up quick.

Anyways, Trading Zoo is back but run by some of the traders who have been successful for over the past 6 years using our modified system.
I want to personally promote this because of all the original TradingZoo did for me.