ES Monday 9-19-11

Here's my ES 30min Monkey Map of PASR levels as Red with White dashed lines as Wkly Pivots ... and Volume Profile of the past 20 days on the right vertical axis. The Gray background areas show overnight (non RTH) areas. Have a Fib cluster in and around 1183 as well (though not drawn in). Hope this is helpful.

Click image for original size
es 30m sr for 91911
Originally posted by della

I dont get that kind of news what service are you on I try not to lisson to all the nuts on cnbc
it give me a head hurt I read alot this weekend on MP what bruce gave me and stuff on marketdelta also Bruce and you have been a big help
Thank you stay rite here with us PLEASE
Rich

Della, thanks for your kind words.
Re news service. I do not get CNBC, but I get a similar Canadian station BNN(I am in Canada). I use it to get both report results and breaking news. Both CNBC and BNN have Blooomberg news terminals, which deliver market-affecting news before any other news agency.

I also use Reuters to read on details, though they are slower than Bloomberg. For Reuters Market News Headlines go to
http://www.reuters.com/news/archive/marketsNews?date=today
one point targets and one point stops will not work consistently....IMHO....this is overtrading and I can't support that.....the forum went to the dogs today...very disappointing!!
YES thanks bruce
wow 24 pages- those new folks need to relax-
In all fairness, although that's not the method I've developed, I have seen traders have success trading this way especially on the Russell.. It is less common on the ES however.. At the end of the day, what matters is that your account is growing and you're managing your risk.. I'm always open to input.. even a little arrogance from Al don't really bother me much...;)
i agree with bruce....Al you can may be start a trading journal so that this forum is not that clogged....that would be my suggestion

you had like 80 posts today dude!

Originally posted by BruceM

one point targets and one point stops will not work consistently....IMHO....this is overtrading and I can't support that.....the forum went to the dogs today...very disappointing!!
I've also heard that on the institution side, the opening is a very important point of reference, often the most important for them though I've never heard open to open alone as pivot points..
Originally posted by apk781

i agree with bruce....Al you can may be start a trading journal so that this forum is not that clogged....that would be my suggestion

you had like 80 posts today dude!

Al, an alternative could be either MSN or Skype "room", where posts are instant and there is a audio note of a new post.

On this Forum 24 pages is a lot to follow.
Agreed Bruce. It would be more productive and useful to most if trade calls and "numbers" were offered out with decently specific rationale for a trading decision or market expectation etc. Just a continual barrage of numbers from peeps and "I'm in here" ... "I'm out here" comments without any real context and shared analysis in posts tends to just create more noise than quality useful sharing within the Mypivots community.
Originally posted by BruceM

I thought IB was a MP trading term? Voting em down not always enough?
Kudos to Al for not being insulted. Nice fortitude, if nothing else.

Was fast, but key levels noted by AL. Not too clear for me but I picked up his levels posted and comprehended after that post with clarity.

Nothing wrong with a tight stop loss in my book. Fit the method imo only.I know others that are tighter.

Seemed to be disciplined trading with a valid method. Targets a weak point on a few but considering the volume of posts I don't really care as the entry was there, if not a little late sometimes. Sometimes wrong/seemed honest.

Point is,what is the point of the forum? I think it was skillful intraday trading of the ES.

Maybe there can be 2 forums for ES- ES1 and ES2? I wasn't affected one way or the other and can understand if others were. I wasn't trading the method. Doesn't mean I can't appreciate it.

Collective wisdom at work or are we content? Change is always hard, but like anything else one either addresses it with Love or Hate. That's what they mean when they say don't be a Hater.

Hope to see Al here Tuesday!
Id go broke trying to read todays posts and trade. In the morning I look for Bruces levels and see how they mesh with mine. Reading any more here will probably cause a brain fart {for me anyway}. A 1.5 stop in 35 pts ranges which we have been having is suicidal in my opinion. You can get an execution and stop at the same time. Best wishes and good trading RB