Links for beginners

-----------IMPORTANT LINKS FOR BEGINNERS: THIS CAN PROVE TO BE AN EFFORT TOWARDS CREATION OF A HANDY COMPILATION OF GOOD LINKS FOR BEGINNERS AND ALL ALIKE------------

Hello friends

Good morning.I am new to the forum and to trading too.

I have been looking around and finally ur forum looks interesting where u guys are really discussing every movement and I have noticed ur projections r also mostly proving correct.

It seems u guys have some proven system working good if I am not wrong.

I am impressed and like to follow u guys and learn from ur working, thinking, approach and action as it looks it suits my mind set too.

There r too many trading software and charting systems around, and I am confused to select one my self and do not want to fall prey to some thing wrong for which I humbly request for ur guidance and assistance.

I will appreciate if u can please share with me some links for trading platforms, charting services and for exploring knowledge to understand trading in general and be at par to understand ur discussions regarding the market activities.

Regarding my Introduction, I am an auto engineer just cut short from full time job to 20 hrs a week.
To compensate my lost earnings i want to take to day trading.

Every one says and I know it is risky but my gut feeling says money can be made here.
I may be wrong but I want to try it and seek ur help towards making my learning experience easy and direct to the point.

I hope u friends will be kind to my request.I know I am asking too much in my very first message, so pl excuse me.

Thanks
Welcome, you are in good company rest assured. Lots of professionals here.If you kick of right layoffs are history for you.
HI Perchyha,

I will help you however I can.

I recommend TradeMaven its not as elaborate as others but it NEVER lags during times of high volatility like Esignal and Trade Station do.

Are you an Engineer or a Mechanic? This makes a big diff in how you will view the markets.

There are alot of great people on this forum to learn from but I am cautious in suggesting that you can be new to day trading the Futures markets and be able to supplement your income. It has taken me thousands of hours of study and watching the charts to get to where I can be profitable. I am assuming it is the same for everyone else (please someone correct me if I'm wrong).

You said good morning at 16.26.34 what country are you in (time zone) and what hours do you plan to dedicate to trading?

If I had only two recommendations I could make they would be to read the book "Trading in the Zone" by Mark Douglas and to participate in the daily Globex and ES threads on this forum. By doing so I think you can drastically reduce the time of the learning curve.
Welcome to the forum percyha. The most important bit of advice that I can give you is to paper trade (simulated trading) until you are profitable. You're in great company here on this forum. Good luck!
Hi percyha:

Japanese Candlestick Charting Techniques by Steve Nison:
Steve is a great teacher and easily understood.
I agree with myptovu, start with an integrated trading platform.

What this means is, you have your charting and trading combined into a single well designed trading platform. Well designed means its stable, reliable, easy to use, and FAST. Speed is everything in the e-mini's.

I recommend you get yourself a 30 day free trial from Trademaven www.trademaven.com and NinjaTrader/Zen-Fire www.mirusfutures.com. Run them side by side then pick the service you prefer. (disclaimer: I have trading accounts with both companies, but receive no compensation for my recommendation.) An alternative is Tradestation, but I do not recommend it due to server stability issues and its simply not as fast as ninja or trademaven. A lot of professional traders use Tradestation, I used to use it myself for many years. The primary advantage of Tradestation over the other two is if your going deep into custom indicators or automated trading stratgies.
I suggest as a simple starting point. Learn KB's 161.8 & 261.8 projection technique. Also, (and in combination with) VO's ABC turning point formation. While your learning this, as myptovu recommended, purchase and read the Mark Douglas book "Trading in the Zone"

I recommend you avoid indicators (oscillators...ect), and learn to recognize these basic price patterns directly on the chart.

Hi friends
Good afternoon
Thanks for welcoming me in the forum, I am excited to read ur responses and very helpful directions, will apprecite if u can cut and paste the links... may help to go direct to the topic like:
KB's 161.8 & 261.8 projection technique (and in combination with) VO's ABC turning point formation.
I am in detroit with eatern time. sorry for cutting my earlier message with good morning and pasting in the evening time, excuse me for typing is very hard on me.
I am now a part time FEA enginer in auto industry.
I am watching ur GLOBEX, ES AND OTHER THREAD TOPICS TOO and am highly impressed.
I own a 2 yr old laptop with WINDOWS VISTA HOME DUAL CORE 1024 MB DDR2 SDRAM 100GB HDD MEMORY........IS IT GOOD ENOUGH OR I HAVE TO ADD MORE RAM OR SOME THING. AS I FOUND IN NINJATRADE SITE IT NEEDS 2GB RAM.
HERE I AM ADVICED .... www.trademaven.com, NinjaTrader/Zen-Fire, www.mirusfutures.com and Tradestation to look into.
THOUGH I HAVE SURFED FEW MORE SITES LIKE...... INFINITY,PFGBEST, PAGE TRADER, DESERT SOFT, AND THEY ALL R AFTER ME TO OPEN AN ACCOUNT WITH THEM FOR FREE 30, 60 OR 90 DAYS TRIAL EVEN, BUT I FEEL THEIR FEES R QUITE HIGH AS I HAVE READ $2.25 OR $2.75 FEE ROUND TRADE SOME WHERE IN THESE FORUMS.
I KNOW FEES CAN BE KILLING IN DAY TRADING AS SUCH I BETTER CHOOSE ONE WITH BEST FEES, GOOD CHARTING SERVICE, CONNECTIVITY AND BETTER AUTO TRADING TOOLS AND AFTER SALES SERVICE FOR LONG RUN...CAN U PLEASE PIN PRIC UR SUJJESTIONS WITH WHAT THEY R GENRALLY CHARGING AND WHICH COMPANIES R CHARGING LIKE $2.25 OR $2.75 FEE ROUND TRADE.
DEFINATELY I WANT TO GO PAPER TRADE FIRST.
EMINI SAID: I recommend you avoid indicators (oscillators...ect), and learn to recognize these basic price patterns directly on the chart.
DO U MEAN AVOID MACD, EMA, SMA, RSI, STOCHASTICS, PARABOLIC SAR, BOOLINGER BANDS etc OR SOMETHING ELSE. PRESENTLY I AM TRYING THESE O/N FIDELITY ACTIVE TRADER PRO...WHICH DOES NOT HAVE GOOD CHARTS.
I FOUND ONE SITE WITH GOOD VEDIOS FOR BASIC KNOLEDGE OF WHAT R FUTURES AND EMINIS:
http://www.cme.com/presentation/presentation.html
THERE IS OCEAN OF INFORMATION 360* AROUND. WOULD LIKE TO BRING IT TO 15* BY HELP OF GENEROUS PEOPLE AROUND IN THE FORUM, MAY GOD BLESS EACH AND EVERY ONE
perchyha -

My suggestion is to find one trade setup and learn it. One problem new traders make is trying a 100 different things at once. I suggested the ABC formation with KB's projections because it's simple once you learn how to spot it. Also, you don't need a bunch of indicators to apply the basic method.

You can go learn some other trade setup, there are 100's out there. All I am saying is pick one, and learn it inside and out so you can recognize it in your sleep. If you read Mark Douglas's book "Trading in the Zone" this is what he recommends as well. Pick one thing and become the expert at using it.

Per your computer hardware: your laptop looks adequate for Trademaven or Ninja, but I suggest you dump Vista and use XP-Pro. If your stuck with Vista, you may need more memory. Your hardware will not be sufficient for Tradestation because it's an 800 pound gorilla that will eat your little laptop for a snack. Odds are high you will run out of screen space very quickly unless you can hook up at least a 22 inch high-res monitor to the laptop as a second monitor.
can u please give me a link to this.....ABC formation with KB's projections .....and KB's 161.8 & 261.8 projection technique (and in combination with) VO's ABC turning point formation.
I am unable to find it on the forum

Percyha,

I'm not sure about your RAM but it seems a little low to me and I think that Vista uses alot of RAM just by running. It also depends on what other programs you have running in the backround for instance antiviral software. When I bought my comp from Trading Computers it had XP pro and a very limited number of other programs on it.

The round turn fee also depends upon how active a trader you are meaning the more you trade the better price the Broker will give you. The 2.25 - 2.75 price you quoted was probably without the associated fees which will bring that price up some.

Try to learn a simple method first like PT said and then work on your money management skills (this is a must).

I agree with what PT says about learning to read the chart however how do this is much more involved than I can answer in a forum post.

back2thefuture,

One more thing...I went down the road of market profile and studying volume at key prices it helped things come together for me even better. Also w.d. ganns trend following trend charts and sq of nine work well with our strategy.