The Trading Zone

Hello, has anyone tried or had any experience with TheTradingZone? If so, what are your thoughts about them, pro and con?
Thank you,
ican
Hi Idoc,

Thank you for the comments.

I find it interesting that those who claim we are 'garbage' or expensive, have never actually taken our course

Whereas over the last 5 years it is our members who consistently say that the course has helped their trading, and that we are not expensive, even cheap, compared to the services they get

(Idoc, member since 07/2007)

Greg
Hi everyone - i feel i need to say a few words as a member of The Trading Zone - As i have found a method that works and want to share it with you guys...

I was made aware of the chat room that Greg and his team run by a very very dear friend of mine - Now i need to get one thing clear - trading is a psychological process - if a person is unbalanced or not psychologically aware they will always loose regardless of what system they use - some still look for the holy grail and will waste their whole life looking for this as they feel that it exists - these people are already challenged and will not succeed as their approach is all wrong......

There is no system out there that produces 100% winning trades - I have been a member of The Trading Zone for nearly 2 months now and not had a loosing day yet (i know i will have loosing days as this is the nature of the business) I also have had loosing trades but these have been managed with the stop process described in the course.

Having a managed process applied to my trading allows me to feel confident in being able to pull the trigger as i know what my loss will be before i enter the trade and Greg's method has a high probability success rate - a win win situation for me.

I feel that Greg's method is the last 10% i needed in being a successful trader (and i trade full time due to The Trading Zone)
The other 90% is physiological always - until most traders who are looking to make a living out of trading approach this subject in the manner that i have by realising that trading is about yourself and your psychological balance there is no point in trading as you will be wasting your time, effort and money pursuing something that will never be achievable.

So with that aside - if you feel that you have your emotions in check and become robotic in this business then trading is for you and The Trading Zone is the key - The method gives you proper Money Management as well as certain indicators used together and the setups that are used - it is not difficult to grasp but you need to have your emotions in check and it also depends on your personality and outlook on your own capabilities......

I like Greg's style as he is more conservative - we also have Secretariat who trades a shorter time frame and trades more times in a day then Greg would - a lot of people come into the room and try to shadow trade Sec - which is a big mistake - you are unaware of the methods used and also following someone who is disciplined in taking every trade that the system produces for him. You need to ask yourself that if you have a loosing trade how committed are you in taking the next one - if you hesitate then you are letting your emotions interfere with your trading and you will not succeed - i have never traded Sec's timeframe as i feel you need to walk first before you can run - makes sense -

Another point is that there are over 100 members who are in the room on a daily basis - why would they waste their time on something that does not work - but you must remember that my fellow traders in the room are special as they are aware of the emotional disassociation they need to have in trading - and they follow a method that works...

The method - without giving too much away gives you a heads up on what to expect in the trading day before the markets open - will it be range bound, an uptrend or downtrend... This i feel is crucial as you are able to prepare yourself for what lies ahead for that particular day - The method can be traded on range bound days as well as trending days, so it caters for whatever the market brings. You are able to identify which tools from the method would be applicable for that day and feel confidence in pulling the trigger....

I traded twice today and i trade with a 4 lot - my first trade was a short at 1512 (emini S&P Dec contract)1st scale out at .5 and the next scale out at 1.00 - I then placed my remaining contracts at break-even - i have 2 contracts left - i scaled out again at 3.00 points gain and had 1 contract left as a runner - as the market moved down i also moved my stop also to protect more profit - i exited the runner at 1500 which was a 12 point gain on my last contract as my stop was hit - my second trade was a long position which i entered at 1505 and followed the same principle and exited the last contract when the stop was hit at 1520 - the runner made 15 points...

Now its irrelevant how much money i make but very relevant if i am able to follow a method and have my emotions in check which gives me confidence and also the discipline in committing myself to trades....

Hope i have not bored anyone with my post but you need to ask these questions on your own capabilities - Are you able to keep your emotions under control and can you follow a method without hesitation? - if you can then you must visit the chat room and see for yourself - I am a very sceptical person and i need to be - if i make wrong decisions then me and my family will suffer - i can honestly say that what The Trading Zone has to offer is nothing that i have come across - trades are called out to visitors and guests so they can follow to a certain extent on what the method produces - but the members are already in the trades as they follow the method that has been taught to them and they have the confidence and discipline to pull the trigger when the setups occur.. And the room is free for life to existing members.

The room offers a great trading environment with all members having a positive attitude towards their business. If you are serious about trading then you need to visit the room and see for yourself.

Happy trading and i hope my post helps (the money i made today more then paid for the course)

Amin - Surrey - England - UK
Amin

Always nice to hear from a member who is having success with our methods.

Thank you for that post

And yes todays runners were spectacular

Greg
Although all the trades start as a scalp, there have been some terrific trading days as of late. Back to back 10 point winners (on the same day), multi winners of +3 to +6 points and as always, disciplined 1 point stops. IMHO, that is one of the greatest testimonials to this methodology. With their money management it builds a traders confidence and allows one to hold trades for greater profits. The last few weeks have just been sensational. Bravo!!!
Greg: Have you ever run a correlation of your monthly or weekly P/L (in your own account) against the volatility of the market? (I don't think that doing this on a daily basis would have much merit but on weekly or monthly yes.)

So what I'm wondering is whether your personal style of trading is better suited to volatile, non-volatile or has no relation to the market backdrop.

This isn't just directed at you it's a general question for all traders but something that coops2468 just said made me wonder about this and I'm guessing that you have several years of trading records to do this comparison with.
this is way way off topic but it just got the best of my curiosity, lol. day trading (or anyone else for that matter), can u please tell me what the various colored star's mean (the ones by the name)?
It's great to hear some honest and sincere feedback on a trading course. So refreshing from the spam put out there by other vendors. Please keep us posted as you progress.

Bruce
quote:
Originally posted by aminm_3

Hi everyone - i feel i need to say a few words as a member of The Trading Zone - As i have found a method that works and want to share it with you guys...

I was made aware of the chat room that Greg and his team run by a very very dear friend of mine - Now i need to get one thing clear - trading is a psychological process - if a person is unbalanced or not psychologically aware they will always loose regardless of what system they use - some still look for the holy grail and will waste their whole life looking for this as they feel that it exists - these people are already challenged and will not succeed as their approach is all wrong......

There is no system out there that produces 100% winning trades - I have been a member of The Trading Zone for nearly 2 months now and not had a loosing day yet (i know i will have loosing days as this is the nature of the business) I also have had loosing trades but these have been managed with the stop process described in the course.

Having a managed process applied to my trading allows me to feel confident in being able to pull the trigger as i know what my loss will be before i enter the trade and Greg's method has a high probability success rate - a win win situation for me.

I feel that Greg's method is the last 10% i needed in being a successful trader (and i trade full time due to The Trading Zone)
The other 90% is physiological always - until most traders who are looking to make a living out of trading approach this subject in the manner that i have by realising that trading is about yourself and your psychological balance there is no point in trading as you will be wasting your time, effort and money pursuing something that will never be achievable.

So with that aside - if you feel that you have your emotions in check and become robotic in this business then trading is for you and The Trading Zone is the key - The method gives you proper Money Management as well as certain indicators used together and the setups that are used - it is not difficult to grasp but you need to have your emotions in check and it also depends on your personality and outlook on your own capabilities......

I like Greg's style as he is more conservative - we also have Secretariat who trades a shorter time frame and trades more times in a day then Greg would - a lot of people come into the room and try to shadow trade Sec - which is a big mistake - you are unaware of the methods used and also following someone who is disciplined in taking every trade that the system produces for him. You need to ask yourself that if you have a loosing trade how committed are you in taking the next one - if you hesitate then you are letting your emotions interfere with your trading and you will not succeed - i have never traded Sec's timeframe as i feel you need to walk first before you can run - makes sense -

Another point is that there are over 100 members who are in the room on a daily basis - why would they waste their time on something that does not work - but you must remember that my fellow traders in the room are special as they are aware of the emotional disassociation they need to have in trading - and they follow a method that works...

The method - without giving too much away gives you a heads up on what to expect in the trading day before the markets open - will it be range bound, an uptrend or downtrend... This i feel is crucial as you are able to prepare yourself for what lies ahead for that particular day - The method can be traded on range bound days as well as trending days, so it caters for whatever the market brings. You are able to identify which tools from the method would be applicable for that day and feel confidence in pulling the trigger....

I traded twice today and i trade with a 4 lot - my first trade was a short at 1512 (emini S&P Dec contract)1st scale out at .5 and the next scale out at 1.00 - I then placed my remaining contracts at break-even - i have 2 contracts left - i scaled out again at 3.00 points gain and had 1 contract left as a runner - as the market moved down i also moved my stop also to protect more profit - i exited the runner at 1500 which was a 12 point gain on my last contract as my stop was hit - my second trade was a long position which i entered at 1505 and followed the same principle and exited the last contract when the stop was hit at 1520 - the runner made 15 points...

Now its irrelevant how much money i make but very relevant if i am able to follow a method and have my emotions in check which gives me confidence and also the discipline in committing myself to trades....

Hope i have not bored anyone with my post but you need to ask these questions on your own capabilities - Are you able to keep your emotions under control and can you follow a method without hesitation? - if you can then you must visit the chat room and see for yourself - I am a very sceptical person and i need to be - if i make wrong decisions then me and my family will suffer - i can honestly say that what The Trading Zone has to offer is nothing that i have come across - trades are called out to visitors and guests so they can follow to a certain extent on what the method produces - but the members are already in the trades as they follow the method that has been taught to them and they have the confidence and discipline to pull the trigger when the setups occur.. And the room is free for life to existing members.

The room offers a great trading environment with all members having a positive attitude towards their business. If you are serious about trading then you need to visit the room and see for yourself.

Happy trading and i hope my post helps (the money i made today more then paid for the course)

Amin - Surrey - England - UK

quote:
Originally posted by coops2468

this is way way off topic but it just got the best of my curiosity, lol. day trading (or anyone else for that matter), can u please tell me what the various colored star's mean (the ones by the name)?

It shows how many posts you've made. Over 25 = 1 star, over 50 = 2 stars, and then it jumps in bigger increments. I can't remember exactly what the settings are. You've got a star now because you've made 25 posts.
day trading
you bring up a good point, I have not done any serious testing with regards to volatility, however because our last scale out of a trade is a managed scale, it reasons that greater volatility will bring greater profits.

the 1st and 12nd scale out are pure money management, based on a move in our favor, but the balance of the trade is held until the chart has reversed and tells us the trade is no longer good.
Sometimes, if market conditions are right we can hold that part of the trade for many many points, these past 3 weeks have been great examples of a portion of the trade going 10 + points

If the market is range bound, (and by the way, our methods have clear rule to follow to know this) we use a different setup, one that is more desinged for a scalp, in and out quickly etc...

But as we always say in the chat room,

"Every Trade is A Scalp Until Proven Otherwise"

Meaning take your partial profits and protect, but hold a portion for a bigger move

Greg
Thanks for the reply Greg. Your guess at greater profits during volatile times is what I would also have guessed at. I know that your point targets are usually smaller than 10 points and when I read about the recent 10+ points that you guys have been getting on your runners it raised that question in my mind.

Brett Steenbarger raise the question of correlation of volatility with other figures recently and there are some other traders that I chat with who are looking at certain correlations so I've been following those types of relationships of late and so have some interest in it.
Thanks for your response. Did you ever find anyone or anything to help you be a better trader? They are asking $3000 now. Thanks again.