The Trading Zone

Hello, has anyone tried or had any experience with TheTradingZone? If so, what are your thoughts about them, pro and con?
Thank you,
ican
I was able to get a few good ideas from listening to the TTZ room and piecing together their approach. There are a few hidden nuggets on the the internet that can help you enjoy the chat. They were published by Greg himself there should be no question as to publishing his trade secrets. The following link has several days of the charts ("see them like never before") as they were published in an open blog. Thankyou wayback machine.

<<<mod edit: removed inappropriate content...>>>

From this you can setup your chart to look like the TTZ chart when you are listening. Most of it is straight forward except for the indicator similar to a bollinger band.

The other pivot/S/R point indicator from the charts is a price target indicator from the same site. There is nothing very speial about this one.

Let's keep this thread going.
one only needs to scroll back to find that not all past opinions regarding ttz are favorable or complimetary. the only posts that i notice have been deleted are those from the person using several screen names to encourage people to use a bootleg version of the material sold by ttz. HELLO!! thats illegal . i believe they call that stealing. i applaud the operators of this forum for deleting posts encouraging that sort of thing . for those who dont understand that, i suggest you learn the meaning of the word "ethics",for you have none.

Great post Red. I also applaud the operators of this forum. Again, this is a forum not a hack site. Also, just in case whatever his name
is still trying to think up ways to steal....
The Business Software Alliance offers up to $1 Million for Reporting Software Piracy - All Confidential. Help promote copyright protection, cyber security, and safe trade and e-commerce.
quote:
Originally posted by sinatra11235

I was able to get a few good ideas from listening to the TTZ room and piecing together their approach. There are a few hidden nuggets on the the internet that can help you enjoy the chat. They were published by Greg himself there should be no question as to publishing his trade secrets. The following link has several days of the charts ("see them like never before") as they were published in an open blog. Thankyou wayback machine.

<<<mod. edit: removed inappropriate content.>>>

LOL. Is this the hidden secret that got one member banned and caused a huge moment of silence from Greg when I asked if, in fact, his tehcnique was published in cyberspace? This stuff is as basic as making pancakes from Bisquick mix. There is nothing new here--evrything is in the public domain.

Why would anyone pay $1500 for an indicator package that's free with most trading platforms? Best case, this stuff is a $499 package including ample training time. I must say, Emporer Greg really has no clothes. All that excitement and mystery and this is it? TTZ thread should go into a deep slumber. Thank you very much Sinatra. You ahve done the trading community a tremendous service by posting those links. Caveat emptor.
wow! check out this impressive list of TTZ tools
http://www.tradershelp.net/eSignalStudies.php
quote:

LOL. Is this the hidden secret that got one member banned and caused a huge moment of silence from Greg when I asked if, in fact, his tehcnique was published in cyberspace? This stuff is as basic as making pancakes from Bisquick mix. There is nothing new here--evrything is in the public domain.

Why would anyone pay $1500 for an indicator package that's free with most trading platforms? Best case, this stuff is a $499 package including ample training time. I must say, Emporer Greg really has no clothes. All that excitement and mystery and this is it? TTZ thread should go into a deep slumber. Thank you very much Sinatra. You ahve done the trading community a tremendous service by posting those links. Caveat emptor.

ruvan,

C'mon man, I thought you were one of the good guys on this board. So why do you gotta say stuff like that.

Some of the stuff you'r saying is true but you are missing the whole concept of TheTradingZone. Yea, it's true that all charting software have indicators, studies and many different types of drawing tools that TheTradingZone uses. But do you know how to use these tools to make a trade? I thought I did, but I really had no clue. Before I became a TTZ member, I would spend hours tweaking each indicator or study. Then I would try to figure out what indicator worked best in combination with another and just get frustrated because I would have so much stuff on my charts that I couldn't see what was on them. My charts were a big mess.

You may be a professional trader and had a formal education in the markets. I did not. I got into trading when a friend taught me a little about it.

So, I read books, magazines, surfed the internet and I really couldn't make any sense of it (INFORMATION OVERLOAD). I have a family and a career so I don't have any time to go back to school.

This is where TheTradingZone comes in... The Trading Zone taught me what indicators to use, how set them up and how to use them. TTZ taught me how to read the tape and how to use Market Profile. TTZ taught me how many lots to trade and how to manage my trade so that I lose less and profit more. TTZ taught me how to find important price levels so that I knew when to get in and when to get out of the market. TTZ taught me how to determine market direction at an instant. TTZ taught me when to place a trade and when not to. TTZ taught me how to see my charts like I have never seen them before.

Bottom line, TheTradingZone.com taught me how to become a trader and profit. When you buy into TheTradingZone, you are buying an education. (Just my perspective.)

btw: Here's another secret. You don't even need the studies from www.tradershelp.net to trade the TTZ method.

(iDoc gives ruvan a napkin to wipe egg off his face.)

iDoc
TTZ member since June 2007
iDoc,

I'm not trying to win a popularity contest here, so it doesn't faze me if you no longer think I'm a "good guy." I call the balls and strikes as I see them, and nothing you wrote has changed my mind. I thought this stuff was overpriced at $1500, but now that I learn it's actually $2500, it is grossly overpriced.

This is a forum, as daytrading has said many times, for traders to help other traders. I think I am posting in the spirit of that mission. In my opinion--and it may not be a popular one--I don't believe TTZ is doing likewise. I think this forum is being used by TTZ as a free platform for Greg to advertise. If daytrading has no problem with that, fine. I'm sure the thought has crossed his mind, but that's a discussion I have no interest in unless daytrading cares to allow it under a seperate topic.

All the things you said Greg taught you can be learned by for a lot less money although perhaps more time. So, if someone is in a great hurray and willing to drop $2500 instead of reading forums like this and perhaps a dozen trading books, that's fine with me, but it doesn't make it a better value proposition in my opinion.

Now, if Greg and his co-moderator, Secretariat, demostrated their own trading skills by posting daily realtime trading results (not statements) on the website (not a modified blotter in the room) each and everday, this service would be worth more money, because the owners have shown success with their system risking their own money. In the vendor business, that's a biggee, pretty rare, and worth a premium (but not $2500 unless the performance is all-star). This point cannot be swept under the rug especially since forum members have questioned the accuracy of some of the calls they witnessed in the room.

And lastly, I don't like TTZ's sleezy marketing tactics. For example, there is a table comparing TTZ with a handful of others to show how much TTZ is giving for so little money vis-a-vis these other vendors, and there is no way to learn who those competitors are. For all I know, he could be comparing apples to carrots or simply fabiricating the whole thing. Who are these vendors? Put their names up there so traders can conduct due diligence and be educated consumers.

Again, caveat emptor. If you want to put a little effort in learning the TTZ methods without spending a whole lot of money, do some legwork like sinatra did. If you're too lazy to do that, shop around and you'll find something similar for at least half the price and less controversy too.
i think that everything that greg and the trading zone gang offers is of great value even now with the price hitting $2500. i have spent a great deal of money looking for that holy grail (not saying this is the holy grail)and there are alot of morons out there charging and taking advantage of people. chatrooms and newletters fill the internet and the cost way more than the trading zone. i don't think you will every find a business that offers as much as greg does. just the time alone with a FREE chat room that others charge 100's for a month, and what about the 2 days a week after the market closes for aleast a hour greg holds a class for members going over the days trades and setups. some where along the way you are going to pay for your education to trade and i think thetradingzone offers you many advantages to help you out and cut down the learning curve
Since my last post the TTZ charts have been pulled off the internet. This is not a big surprise. I am going to exercise free speech and talk about what I saw on those charts when they were published in the public domain. It is my assertion that a good number of people (not all) will have buyers remorse when paying $2500 for this system. This will let you take a peek without taking that leap.

The following text should let you re-create them on just about any charting platform. If anyone is following this thread maybe they can post a screen shot or two for us.

<<<mod. edit: removed inappropriate content.>>>
Sinatra,

I wasn't surprised those links were closed, but the good news is many folks saw and captured them. I don't believe you need a PhD. in computer science from MIT to reverse engineer the setups if you have a decent grasp of MP and TA. But that's not really the point.

The takeaway is Greg & Co. had nothing special to offer for $2500 and he was simply taking advantage of newbies by posting hypothetical simulated trades that were called in a free chat room to rope em in under the disguise the trades were "taken" by the moderators in real-time. Let there be no mistake about this: Greg and Sec's trades are hypothetical as clearly defined by the CFTC. Those called trades are not real ones taken in a cash account.

If I am wrong, let him come here and prove otherwise. After all, it wasn't too long ago that he had no reluctance whatsoever to post in this forum and slay his critics while praising his shills.

quote:
Originally posted by sinatra11235

Since my last post the TTZ charts have been pulled off the internet. This is not a big surprise. I am going to exercise free speech and talk about what I saw on those charts when they were published in the public domain. It is my assertion that a good number of people (not all) will have buyers remorse when paying $2500 for this system. This will let you take a peek without taking that leap.

The following text should let you re-create them on just about any charting platform. If anyone is following this thread maybe they can post a screen shot or two for us.

<<<mod edit: inappropriate content removed. >>>

Sinatra, do you trade of these charts? How do you combine the MP chart with the other indicators (ma & stoch)?
Thanks for your response. Did you ever find anyone or anything to help you be a better trader? They are asking $3000 now. Thanks again.