The Trading Zone

Hello, has anyone tried or had any experience with TheTradingZone? If so, what are your thoughts about them, pro and con?
Thank you,
ican
Hey Greg,

I would just ignore these folks. Many work for the Zoo and want to try and make other vendors look bad. You however are on the right track. It is my understanding that people can stay in your free paltalk room as long as they want to "watch" you folks trade. That's cool!

Vendors like the Zoo are jealous because they can't really trade and only offer a one week trial. Your posts have been very informative and it shows you have some integrity and market knowledge.

This is not an endorsement as I don't know your course work but thought I would give some credit where it is due!

Bruce
BruceM,

I think you're mistaken. Greg does not allow visitors to squat indefinitely in his room. He monitors this closely and will ask those who have overstayed to kindly leave (or signup and stay). I don't know how many visits he tolerates before that happens. If he stops by here maybe he will elaborate what his guidlines are.
prop trader: I'm not an expert on PalTalk (I assume that Greg's room is still on PalTalk) but can't you re-enter a room under another name?
I'm not an expert either. I suppose one could constantly change emails and names. If Greg is paying for his room, I would guess he could monitor IP addresses. What do you do here to stop abuse?
I have spent a couple years on and off (more on then off) in Gregs Trading Zone room. Over the past 8 to 9 months I have seen The Trading Zone ask, prompt or bounce (in that order) about 4 to 5 people. That being said, Day trading, you are correct that in Paltalk you can change names and re-enter a room at any time. Prop, you are incorrect. Paying to have a room in Paltalk gives you no access to any Paltalk members IP address. The only way (I know of) to be able to monitor IP addresses is if one actually owns the entire website. IMHO and as far as I can remember, Greg has made his desire in terms of the room very clear. Entering the trading Zone Room is free. The intent of the room is to show new and existing people a sampling of how the Trading Zone Methodology is performed. The easiest and yet most difficult way to do this, is to call live trades, every single day, with targets and stops, in a free room for all to be seen. This inherently can bring a great cost to the Trader, as his trading reputation is put on the line each and everyday. I suppose this is why it is not a very common practice, especially for free! Obviously, all this is done in hopes that people will want to be a part of what the room is offering. If not, there are many other rooms on paltalk to visit. Prop trader, you ask, what do you do here to stop abuse ( I am assumimg you mean Greg and the Trading Zone)? The room is free but keep in mind, every room owner has the right to ask someone to leave the room. As I said above, I have seen just a handful of people asked to leave over the last 9 months (obviously not including the Paltalk trouble makers). Are those people ones who have been in the room for 6 months and do nothing, maybe? Are those people who have been in the room for an extended period of time and have made it clear they have no intentions on ever joining, possibly? Could they be people who come to the room, hear a trade called and quickly post that trade in another room, I sure hope Greg catches those? Do you think they are people who have spent some time in the room and have either participated in the room or have maybe spoke with Greg and explained they needed alittle more time? I can promise you those people are not a part of the ones above. So, when you ask, how do you stop this abuse? Maybe, just maybe, a few examples can help keep the room fair for everybody. The above is entirely IMHO.
quote:
Originally posted by subq

Greg,

What are you talking about? I didn't say anything negative or derogatory at all in your room. I simply asked about your website.

You kicked me because you recognized me from this forum? I have nothing to hide...which is why my nick is the same.

yup! you can get bounce for any reason, I get banned for the crime of I also hang out in Tiger room at the same time.
How about a bit of perspective here.

We have been the largest or 2nd largest trading room on paltalk since 2003. That means on any given day we have between 150 and 170 people in our room.

As a moderator, I am expected, to locate trade setups, notify the room well enough in advance, explain the setups, provide market commentary, answer PM's from our members, and also bounce those who are posting non trading related garbage, posting trades that are late, or counter to our methods.

Keep in mind what this room s for.. It is a demonstration in real time, of our trading methods

If you are in the room, for the purpose of contradicting me, posting trades against me, or yes sitting in 2 chat rooms then you will be asked to leave.

Yes the room is free, and unlocked, That Does Not Mean, it is without rules!!

If you are not interested in our trading style, then why would you bother to be in our room.

If you are sitting in 2 rooms, you are doing yourself an incredible disservice. How can you possibly evaluate a style or method without paying attention.
What happens next is 5 minutes after the trade I get questions like " What's our postion" " are we in a trade?"..... And when I ask why they didn't see the post or hear the trade called, the naswer is almost always because they were doing something else.
And afterwards, when you had a losing trading day, you blame me or my room, because that is where you happened to be sitting when you werent paying attention.

WRONG - you can't possihly trade 2 methods at one time, you can't possibly be in 2 rooms and think this is helping your trading.

NEXT- Heaven forbid I miss a trade, because I am not paying attention, or worse a take a trade tihout having the time to call it in the room. What happens next, 150 people are upset with me.

SO-- Anything or anybody that distracts me, for whatever reason is bad for the room, and will be shown the exit.

*** FOR THE RECORD --nkhoi - PLEASE READ !!
You have been attending my room since 2003. At the time you were a woodies trader, and I think at some time you followed another method as well.
When I first started out in this business, you were one of the first to come into my room, and post negative comments about me. You made it clear that you were trading in woodies room, and you were on the attack agains TTZ.
Don't you recall?? I do, you have never changed your nick name - you are easy to recognize.

So what I see is that you have no intention of being part of our group, you have no intention of trading our methods, you are sitting in 2 rooms, which as explained is of no benefit to anybody.
QUESTION?? why would you (or anybody) want to be in our room, if you have no intention of trading our style?

NO need to answer I have been in this business long enough, it's an ego thing, come to the room, post trades aganst me, try and show me up...

That is not the positive atmosphere I am looking for.

Our room has an increbible amount of Positive Energy! We have at any ome time 50 or 60 of our members traading the same style, finding the same setups and helping one another.
This is the type of community I am building.

If you would like to see what it is all about, then come join us. If you are there to disturb discredit, poke fun, counter our trades, then you are not a positive addition to our group.

And again, please remember, free does not mean freeforall, there are still rules. This is My House, and anyone coming into it is expected to follow the rules.

Most Important: If you are trading a different style and hare having success with it, then stay in whatever chat room they offer. I am NOT Interested!
I have been trading the same way for 12 years, it works for me and many others.
The room is there to introduce traders to OUR methods, not the other way around.

We also have rom guests who have been 'evaluating' our methods since 2003, they have never bought anything, or paid us $1, and they Have Not Been bounced. They are respectful and follow our rules.

Good trading to you

Greg
I don't change name, I try to make it easy for people who want to track me and verify what I said. Ok, now let see where we stand.

quote:
Originally posted by GregW

How about a bit of perspective here.

...and also bounce those who are posting non trading related garbage, posting trades that are late, or counter to our methods.

for the record, I posted nothing in your room out of the fear that getting bounce. And the reason sec bounced me, not you, because he said I was in Tiger room at the same time, I tried to evaluate as many rooms as my time permited.

quote:

If you are in the room, for the purpose of contradicting me...

I'm in room to learn, if I am not learning then I will leave why in the h@@@ would I stay just to contradict you? who have that kind of time, certainly not me.

quote:

And afterwards, when you had a losing trading day, you blame me or my room, because that is where you happened to be sitting when you werent paying attention.

even when I got burn I only have myself to blame, I take full reposibility for my trades even when they were in managed account some 'advisor' made the trades but I should have monitor them more closely.

quote:

*** FOR THE RECORD --nkhoi - PLEASE READ !!
You have been attending my room since 2003. At the time you were a woodies trader, and I think at some time you followed another method as well.
When I first started out in this business, you were one of the first to come into my room, and post negative comments about me. You made it clear that you were trading in woodies room, and you were on the attack agains TTZ.
Don't you recall?? I do, you have never changed your nick name - you are easy to recognize.

posting negative information is not in my nature, for example I got burn by a book author I have all statements so that is a fact but I had never mention his name in public.

quote:

We also have rom guests who have been 'evaluating' our methods since 2003, they have never bought anything, or paid us $1, and they Have Not Been bounced. They are respectful and follow our rules.

Good trading to you

Greg

I have no way to verify this statement so I will have to take your word for it. Godd trading to you too.
Hi
Was back in your room for just a few days, after not being there for a few months
I hear a squawk box now. Is this something new.
Do i need a squawk box to trade your style.

Hi
Yes from time to time we will play the squawk box from the SP pit. One of our chat room moderators is an ex floor trader (18 years at the CBOT), and he provides great commentary on what is going on in the pits.

Most importantly, our methodology involves price action, or order flow.
Our belief is that short term momentum is very important in trade execution.
The squawk box is one way to evaluate that price action, we use other tools as well.
Using the squawk that everyone in the room can hear at the same time is a great way to demonstrate how we use price action to enter trades, as the trade sets up

Some of our taders read the tape, others use our TTZ configured price action charts, but the squawk has the advantage of being heard by everyone at the same time

We introduced the squawk for that reason, it is complimentary to what we do, and how we trade.

Thanks for your response. Did you ever find anyone or anything to help you be a better trader? They are asking $3000 now. Thanks again.