The Trading Zone

Hello, has anyone tried or had any experience with TheTradingZone? If so, what are your thoughts about them, pro and con?
Thank you,
ican
Subq
Just to make clear. I am a member and have been for some time. The room according to PayPal is the #1 room and has been for months now. You are correct in that we r not a "pay for room" but are clearly the highest rated "free room" on Paltalk (which I think means quite a bit more). In fact over the last weeks we have been on top of the pay rooms also. I do my homework.I find it interesting that your compliments about the room increase every time you make a post. Maybe if you would have started out that way and expressed ALL your thoughts as you have now, people may not have felt compelled to respond to your original post. The best of luck to you.
quote:
Originally posted by subq

I merely asked a question about his website and the next thing I know I am banned. Take that for what it's worth.

What was the question that got you banned?
quote:

I don't know if you are a competitor of thetradingzone or not, but I will just say I personally know of a trading room that meets those criteria (or darn close to it)...so those types of trading rooms aren't non-existent...they are just hard to find. :)

P.S. I am not stating anything about thetradingzone as I have never been there myself.

quote:
Originally posted by full inbox

Greg,

Let me be clear about my criteria:

1) Results should be posted every day on the Website (with entry timestamps), not just in the chatroom on a day-to-day basis. Why is this a problem for you?

2) A money back guarantee should be based on YOUR results,(including your partner who specializes in scalps) not that of your customers who will invariably go through a learning curve process and make mistakes. This puts the burden on you, not them to prove the methods work. Under what conditions would you offer a 100% money back guarantee?

Please don't make this about me and my real identity, etc. That is an age old vendor tactic and won't help your effort to get new customers from this forum which is your goal.

What's the name of that other trading room that meets the criteria?
guys, I'm not really keeping up with this thread anymore...please PM me any additional questions...I will reply to these two

I asked him if signalward was the same website as thetradingzone ...and he said he is no longer maintaining signalwizard and then kick/banned me.

quote:
Originally posted by version77

quote:

I merely asked a question about his website and the next thing I know I am banned. Take that for what it's worth.

quote:
Originally posted by madamX
What's the name of that other trading room that meets the criteria?

These should probably be in a new threads but I will reply for now.

The one that posts the most honest "stats" I have seen so far is profiletraders.com

He doesn't just calculate "best scale out" like most rooms do.

He calculates all gains based on one contract but will actually subtract if stopped out on multiple contracts.

For example, if he was long 1500 (2 contracts)...he took one off at 1501 and then stopped out the other at 1499, that would be +0 for stats...not +1. In addition, he typically trades 1-3 contracts on day trades...not the large 30+ that some rooms claim.

If you are a small lot trader you will not get the same results as large lot traders since they scale out and typically just record the "best out" stat. In addition, I strongly recommend you look at the risk/reward on scale out strategies to make sure the numbers work.

That is just one example...there are other good rooms out there (some don't meet all your criteria but are still very good, i.e. JPJTrading).

Feel free to send me a PM if you want to know anything else. I have reviewed numerous trading rooms...though not so much these days as I don't have the time I used to.

Any additional questions for me on this thread...send me a PM instead...I don't have the time to continually check this specific one so I won't be replying on it anymore.
quote:

quote:

could be some innocent thing like what price was the last entry, you never know Greg is good guy but the other guy, sec9 is hot temper guy, you better off not to say anything in room. Don't believe me? go in room in test it yourself

quote:
Originally posted by nkhoi

quote:

quote:

could be some innocent thing like what price was the last entry, you never know Greg is good guy but the other guy, sec9 is hot temper guy, you better off not to say anything in room. Don't believe me? go in room in test it yourself

Hi nkhoi

I have checked out the room and secretariat is a hot tempererd guy.
Especially when he wants price to go his way he will yell "C'mon,
C'mon"! trying to get ER to move his way some more. Kind of irritating
when he does that. But Greg does seem like he is an okay kind of guy.
Maybe the ER scalping makes secretariat act the way he does. Greg is
a heck of a lot calmer compared to sec9...
Can someone of the members or Greg himself explain the moneymanagement to me?

As far as I get it=

scale out @ +0.50
scale out @ +1.00
scale out with a trailing stop
stops = -1.00

In this case you need a minimum of 3 contracts but I presume that more is beter (to use something like 3/2/1 in place of 1/1/1). Correct?

Don't you need a very high win ratio to become profitable with this kind of money management? Please explain it to me. I'm interested the course but I have doubts about the moneymanagement.

NoLogic

NoLogic
What you ask is a very good question and certainly deserves an answer. The Trading Zone Methodology is one of high percentage trades along with a very well defined Money Management program. The course can be traded with 2, 3 or 4 contracts when first starting. The amount of contracts an individual chooses to trade, one would hope, is directly related to starting capital (rather then over trading a small funded account).I apologize and must refrain from answering to much more, as I would not want to reveal course material. I do beleive you can get a more complete answer but that would have to come from Greg himself. Doing that is very simple. I don't like to predict markets (lol) but a have a feeling Monday & Tuesday may have some long periods of quiet time. You can certainly go to PalTalk, go to The Trading Zone room and during a slow time is generally when Greg answers questions. Your other choice is, go to www.thetradingzone.com and ask Greg directly thru his email. I hope that provided some help. The best of luck to you.
If Greg could come here and explain it, that would be fantastic!
Thanks for your response. Did you ever find anyone or anything to help you be a better trader? They are asking $3000 now. Thanks again.