Day Trading with TTT and other tools

Welcome to this new thread, where we can share trading ideas and our thoughts on the Taylor Trading Technique.

Anyone with questions on TTT, this is the place.
Giving that said it doesn't mean we can't sell.

I am now flat and may stay like that until the Fed minutes are released.

Click image for original size
No Description Entered
quote:
Originally posted by Richbois

This was the comment in the report last night.

Tomorrow is Sell day. On a Sell day we should anticipate a rally from the buy day low. We closed on the lows and we have a 57% chance of making a lower low. If we open with a gap down, we will have a 96% chance of getting back above today's low of 1195.50.

Let's see where we go from here

i wonder who posted he got long at 1166.50 this morning?

rich's ttt is amazing - pure objective statistical information

nothing wrong with using other subjective tools but the main framework for me is rich's ttt

g

For those of you that use MTP as a tool for triggering entries, today was a perfect example why the use of TTT helps. As you can see on the chart these 2 short trades that failed would not have been taken as we knew that we 96% chance of closing the gap today. Also if you were long from earlier in the day this knowledge would have kept you in the trade longer.

No Description Entered
This morning the news were all bad and they tried to make us feel that the end of the world is here. We had the same thing happen a few times this year and as we can see from the chart it was always at the Decision Point.

Is today the bottom for this leg????
Will big Ben save or mess up the day???

Time will tell

No Description Entered
as i said before

im short term bullish bias till first week of oct

im gio and i approve this post

quote:
Originally posted by Richbois

This was the comment in the report last night.

Tomorrow is Sell day. On a Sell day we should anticipate a rally from the buy day low. We closed on the lows and we have a 57% chance of making a lower low. If we open with a gap down, we will have a 96% chance of getting back above today's low of 1195.50.

Let's see where we go from here

Thanks Rich. TTT helped me get out of my swing shorts this morning.
Tuesday September 16th, 2008
Today was a good day for TTT. As mentioned in last night's report if we were to have a gap open then we had a 96% chance of closing that gap. We did and even reached the projected highs.

No Description Entered
very cool Rich....How many years do you go back to run your statistics...?
quote:
Originally posted by BruceM

hello bruce

the answer to your question is rather simple - in different columns it goes back to the first of the year and on the other it goes back till 07 - rich can explain that further

what is even a more complex question is how rich can account for wide range days and narrow days with the use of his formula and still get his stats to be dead on - an amazing feat, no less, and kudos to rich for mastering that

g

quote:
Originally posted by BruceM

Thank you Bruce

Column 1 and 2 and 4 start Jan 2/2008 for all
Column 3 is from Sept 20, 2007 for ES and Nov 02, 2007 for TF

Basically we have been in a general downtrend during this whole period with some ralies. We are currently 20+% down from the highs last year and still we get 88% 3 day positive ralies. That is the part that amazes me.
I hope all you TTT traders had a good 2014 and I wish you all a better 2015
Richard