Day Trading with TTT and other tools

Welcome to this new thread, where we can share trading ideas and our thoughts on the Taylor Trading Technique.

Anyone with questions on TTT, this is the place.
quote:
Originally posted by stock_trader

Rich, what happens to the 3-day cycle since Monday the market is closed? Does it skip Monday and continue on, or would Buy day still be on Monday and Tuesday at the open the market is on Sell day? Thanks.

it depends which markets but the US index Furures will have some trading therefor Monday is a Buy day

Individual stocks will be different and their cycle will continue on Tuesday
thank you
Specifically, what will the Eminis do Rich? Continue the cycle or wait for Tues? I ask because commodities are futures but may be different.
quote:
Originally posted by TreeShaker

Specifically, what will the Eminis do Rich? Continue the cycle or wait for Tues? I ask because commodities are futures but may be different.

For the Eminis today is a Buy Day and Tuesday a Sell day

I dont know yet for all the others as some are open and some are not.

If you received a report on Friday and that market is closed then the report you get today will be a duplicate.
Today the rally on a SS day is feeble, does that constitute a failed 3 day positive rally. If so does it mean a rally could occur tomorrow and even day after.
quote:
Originally posted by simba

Today the rally on a SS day is feeble, does that constitute a failed 3 day positive rally. If so does it mean a rally could occur tomorrow and even day after.

Unless the markets decide to rally in the next few minutes, we will have a failed 3 day rally.

This an indication of a weak market. However we often a delayed reaction which occures the next day.

This is a rare occurence and often happens around a Holiday shortened day.

I will treat it as such and tomorrow a new cycle begins. We will have to wait and see if we get that delayed reaction or not. If we don't we could get a good decline tomorrow as it is a Buy day.
Hi guys, sorry for not posting as much lately but I have been busy getting the new Add-On software ready.

The Add-On for eSignal is now available. A beta version for Ninja Trader on US index futures only is also available for now.

I am also working on getting a TradeStation and a MT4 version.

This Add-on places lines on your charts based on the report you receive every day. This makes life easier as now you get a visual picture of the TTT levels of support and resistance directly on your charts.

I should be back posting reguraly shortly

I think today qualifies as a Buy Day. I think in fact the cycle skipped Monday. Thanks.
Thought 18th Feb was a SS day, hence 19th should be a BUY day according to the count here.

Today 20th Feb, Friday a SELL day. Would I be right in saying it was BV first, a long trade opportunity at open, target BUY day low. Obviously did not make it first time, prices fell further to around 753 and then indeed rallied in the afternoon session to reach the BUY day low and slight over to 778 level.
Would taking this long in the afternoon session be in keeping with Taylor.
quote:
Originally posted by stock_trader

I think today qualifies as a Buy Day. I think in fact the cycle skipped Monday. Thanks.

When we get holidays like that it does mess up the count for a few day but always reverts back to normal. Either way If traded today based on the odds and Taylor you would have made a killing.
I hope all you TTT traders had a good 2014 and I wish you all a better 2015
Richard