Day Trading with TTT and other tools

Welcome to this new thread, where we can share trading ideas and our thoughts on the Taylor Trading Technique.

Anyone with questions on TTT, this is the place.
Well I read that cobbled up atrocity, some chapters more than once,
just to be able to discern what the hell he was trying to say.
Do I know anymore than before... not much.

I salute you for being able to figure out his technique and putting together
your ebook. Its to late today for todays report so I'll sign up tomorrow.
Richbois, Great short on ES yesterday at the TTT level,

BTW have you determined %wise the strike rate on the effectiveness of these levels. ie. how many times the reversals occur at the projected levels, as obviously many times the market would just blast through the levels especially when emerging out of a trading range.
quote:
Originally posted by daxtrader

Richbois, Great short on ES yesterday at the TTT level,

BTW have you determined %wise the strike rate on the effectiveness of these levels. ie. how many times the reversals occur at the projected levels, as obviously many times the market would just blast through the levels especially when emerging out of a trading range.

I never did a study on that but I can say that these levels offer resistance / support in a high percentage of occurence. In other words even if we blow through these levels we will get a pause and at least a small reversal at these levels most of the time.
quote:

I never did a study on that but I can say that these levels offer resistance / support in a high percentage of occurence. In other words even if we blow through these levels we will get a pause and at least a small reversal at these levels most of the time.

YEP!!!
Daxtrader as you can see it offered support so far on ES this morning and atleast a bounce. Will we go lower I cant say but 7-8 point bounce is ok in my book

PS 746.3 was also Previous Day Low on the 24 hour session

Click image for original size
No Description Entered
A nice Sell Day, although no shorts on Sell day as per Taylor, but we are intraday traders in an electronic age,
Finetune entry/exit via trendlines, pivots, support/resistance etc

No Description Entered
Not a bad day on the FTSE either

No Description Entered
quote:
Originally posted by daxtrader

A nice Sell Day, although no shorts on Sell day as per Taylor, but we are intraday traders in an electronic age,
Finetune entry/exit via trendlines, pivots, support/resistance etc

Yes the pure Taylor would not short as the Sell day is the day to close the long position from the Buy day low. Like you say times have changed and to me when we attempt to penetrate the previous day high and it fails then the bias is to short has they will probably go test the Buy day low.

So far Dax held at the BdL and FTSE is having a hard time to hold.

Now should the FTSE close below the Buy day low that would constitute one of my exceptions for going long on a SSd tomorrow.

With odds of over 80% of atleast getting back above the Buy dau low at some point tomorrow.

It should be interesting to see what will happen
What a day on Dax, hit the Buy Day Low and reversed, afternoon session always follows the lead from US markets.

Re. Ftse prices violated the Buy Day Low, and although a long is allowed only following a weak Buy Day, after banking profits from short trades, one could take the long with the target as Buy Day low.

No Description Entered

No Description Entered
Not a bad SS day afterall I had to use the 1 min chart to show the DP properly from the previous B wave on 3 min. We failed to take the highs out so down was the way to go which matched TTT SS day perfectly.

No Description Entered
I hope all you TTT traders had a good 2014 and I wish you all a better 2015
Richard