Day Trading with TTT and other tools

Welcome to this new thread, where we can share trading ideas and our thoughts on the Taylor Trading Technique.

Anyone with questions on TTT, this is the place.
quote:
Originally posted by jands

How do you view attachments?

I put the cursor over the attachment but no prompts to click it

Thanks

You have to log in silly!

quote:

How do you view attachments?

I put the cursor over the attachment but no prompts to click it

Thanks

Wow ... you can't view it? I was just about to apologize because it is gigantic and somehow I posted it twice.

Anyhow, I took 1/2 off at 1232 (10 points is 10 points)and I'm riding the remaining half with a 1220 stop and a 1260 limit. Worst Case scenario is an average profit of 4 points/contract on the initial position. Not a bad day no matter how she ends.

I'm going out for a while now, so good luck to you all. I'll se
It looks like the TRADER VIC GAP RULE might be coming into effect!
Rich,

How are you balancing your bias between having a positive 3 Day Rally of 88% and the TVGR in effect?

Thanks,

Jim
FWIW, I now going with the TVGR at least until the lunch time hour.
quote:

Rich,

How are you balancing your bias between having a positive 3 Day Rally of 88% and the TVGR in effect?

Thanks,

Jim

Base on past experience TVGR trumps everything unless we get a double bottom with some divergence.

We just had a double bottom but I didnt find divergence

quote:

Base on past experience TVGR trumps everything unless we get a double bottom with some divergence.

In my limited back testing, the days it initially works and then reverses is sometime around the lunch hour is where the double bottome forms. But this doesn't happen very often.
quote:

quote:

In my limited back testing, the days it initially works and then reverses is sometime around the lunch hour is where the double bottome forms. But this doesn't happen very often.

I agree the ones that work best are around lunch time. and also rare
quote:

It looks like the TRADER VIC GAP RULE might be coming into effect!

The way I treat the TVGR, (and I'm not saying I'm right, only that this is how I look at it) is that if the gap fills within the first 1-30 minutes, then I do not consider the TVGR to be in effect. Now, today, 18 minutes into the day session we did fill the gap back to yesterday's low (missing by 3 ticks). So, though I have been stopped out of my last 1/2 ES, I may be a willing buyer at 1216.50-1218.50 if we get a long trade set up in that zone +/- a point or two.

Long Again ... chart to follow .... let me get my stops in
Here's my chart - you'll see the support zone in green - long above it and stop below the box.

Click image for original size
No Description Entered
I hope all you TTT traders had a good 2014 and I wish you all a better 2015
Richard