Day Trading with TTT and other tools

Welcome to this new thread, where we can share trading ideas and our thoughts on the Taylor Trading Technique.

Anyone with questions on TTT, this is the place.
Today a sell day, most of the markets have reached the projected level and some more.

a week or so back, there was a trading range and failures to penetrate.
and recently the prices are going through the projected levels.

Richbois, since you have been keeping the Taylor book for much longer, presumably you encounter such periods,
I was beginning to feel if it is worth making effort everyday to keep the book upto date as the projected levels are becoming irrelevant
quote:
Originally posted by rigel

Today a sell day, most of the markets have reached the projected level and some more.

a week or so back, there was a trading range and failures to penetrate.
and recently the prices are going through the projected levels.

Richbois, since you have been keeping the Taylor book for much longer, presumably you encounter such periods,
I was beginning to feel if it is worth making effort everyday to keep the book upto date as the projected levels are becoming irrelevant

That is why I have 2 seperate recap pages. One which have 1 1/2 year of data and the other which is based on the last 20 cycles only.

So far today ES had a goal of 974.65 so that is pretty close (so far)

the other US markets are pretty close except TF. I must agree that Dax as blown right through

this is rare and we were due considering the range trading of late.
I just have a simple spreadsheet to do the job with a month or two of data, looks like you know your way around Excel package/programming etc

Well markets opened gap down and shot up this morning, good shorts at the top so far on a SS day
What do you know, just when I was loosing faith in Taylor's levels for today's markets,

ES hit the projected level exactly at 972 and sold off
Ftse - 5600
Dax - Projected level was 5324, managed to reach 5300.
Keep the faith. As even we have different numbers they do point the way. You use less cycles then I do , and still the numbers are similar.

My excel skills were good before TTT but I must say that they improved 10 fold since. But that is me, I always love the play with spreadsheet software even back in the Lotus 123 days.
Quite amazing, just when everybody was expecting the markets to fall,
today on a Buy Day ES has almost hit my projected level of 1017. There was also your gap rule in play.
quote:
Originally posted by rigel

Quite amazing, just when everybody was expecting the markets to fall,
today on a Buy Day ES has almost hit my projected level of 1017. There was also your gap rule in play.

ES was close but TF was right on the money.

ES was probably affected by the 38% retracement from the drop of 2007 to Mar 2009 and other DP levels in that area.

Have a great weekend all
Finally a SS day which feels like one, the Euro bourses were weak right from open, nearly 175pt fall on Dax, blew through the projected low of 5340
Here's my post from last night in the private KT area:

"Keep a close eye on 1009-10 (maybe 11), as that's just about the last spot for this thing if they keep pushing it up, or I think it will likely burst to new highs. I've got a lot right in there, and today's virgin POC, too. As I mentioned in an update in the public KT forum, we now have our potential 'Wave 2' here."

It hit 1010.75 in the GLOBEX session, and gave a perfect setup after that for a second shot. Yee-haw! It doesn't get any better than that, for me. Now it sits at an area where this may be the CD leg of an ABCD here and not a 'wave 3', so I will be watching closely in here to see if we get follow through and extension here to the downside, or is that it. A bounce would be fine, even preferred, but then it must roll down hard from there. Watch this 990 low area here and see what it does. If it did sell into the FED announcement tomorrow (I don't think it will), then I'd expect a huge snap back. Instead, I think it will start to bounce before that, perhaps run up into it, and then it can continue down. But those are just potential scenarios I'm watching for, the charts guide the decisions. Right now I'm just happy to sit 26 ES points below the area I posted (we actually showed and discussed this area in the private KT area shortly after the rally began).

or - you could of just looked at rich's ttt and known the es's possible low for today would be 991.75

dont forget how the Buy day low at 990 offered support also.
I hope all you TTT traders had a good 2014 and I wish you all a better 2015
Richard