anyone trying shorts??

Up here at 845 ES....S&P is holding back this rally today...where the HECK is my plus or (hopefully) minus 8 - 10 range? has everyone gone to 24 hour trading???
I got 46.25 and 49 .50 and not liking it this late on a pre holiday......no true signs of weakness yet
don't think the plus 8 - 10 range is gonna work this late today
interesting switch of leadership....why didn't NQ get very far outside of hour high.......anyone else having data problems today.......strange at IB today
we got a 30min. close above that 30min doji from 10am edt / that might
be helping to hold us up
I bought some SPY Apr 86 puts on close today @ 1.75 looking for 1 point, thats about ES 830. I do not like option trades this late in the week this close to expiration so will probably settle for 1/2 a point.
Look at that 30 min bar at 12:30 EST......1.75 point range over a 30 minute period...that needs to go on the radar.....WOW...
quote:
Originally posted by redsixspeed

be helping to hold us up

this is suspect to me............interesting day yesterday in the market......it was higher by 30 points.........two thirds of that ( 20 points) move happened in the overnight session and it took only 1.5 hours to move that far.......the other third happened during the day session and took 6 hours to move 10 points.......this is not the way I like to see good rallies...opinions anyone??
I thing there is a some kind of strategy going on here, I call it mid knight runs there large number of contracts trade it during the wee hour of the day, I'm on the west cost and I get to my desk top at 5.30 and by that time all the good runs are over.
I don't know that is what I have knottiest lately.

Note: the hour on the NQ

Click image for original size
No Description Entered
quote:
Originally posted by BruceM

Look at that 30 min bar at 12:30 EST......1.75 point range over a 30 minute period...that needs to go on the radar.....WOW...
quote:
Originally posted by redsixspeed

be helping to hold us up

yup; also watch the hi/lo of that 10am doji
Just about perfect - perfectly wrong that is!